November Elections

Old Nov 5th 2014, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: November Elections

Originally Posted by Michael
We can argue that point but I suspect a $10 trillion plan over 10 years would mean 50 attempted impeachments by the house instead of 50 attempted repeals of Obamacase.

Everyone wants the perfect program without paying for it but that is an illusion. The republican counter plan to ACA didn't pay for anything but it also didn't provide anything.
I buy a car, it is a lemon.

Being told by the Dealer that it is better than the one the guy opposite would have sold me does not help.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Despite some of the threads we see on this site, my assumption is that more peolpe on here should have a clue and do not.

Unless you are long term sick etc I do not expect people to be familiar. Just not logical. Makes you wonder how many would be up to understanding it anyway.
It's nothing compared to trying to understand medicare and medicaid.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Despite some of the threads we see on this site, my assumption is that more peolpe on here should have a clue and do not.

Unless you are long term sick etc I do not expect people to be familiar. Just not logical. Makes you wonder how many would be up to understanding it anyway.
People with dual citizenships have a backup plan to go back to their home country if they get sick but most Americans don't have that option. As messed up as Obamacare is, for many Americans it can possibly be a life saver but many don't realize it because they currently aren't in a situation where health care may be required. I was one of those people 14 years ago when I got fatigue and quit work and realized that the best insurance that would be offered cost a fortune, had a large deductible, had a large copay, and had unlimited out of pocket expense. Today that plan would likely cost more than $1,500 per month for someone 57 years old and had far worst coverage than the ACA bronze plan.

Last edited by Michael; Nov 5th 2014 at 7:10 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

I buy a car, it is a lemon.

Being told by the Dealer that it is better than the one the guy opposite would have sold me does not help.
Why do you keep going in circles? I can discuss a point of view that I may disagree with but unless you can give some solution that provides a plan that has any reasonable chance of getting support from both the republican and democratic parties and can somehow be paid for, the discussion doesn't go anywhere except in circles.

I don't like the ACA that was passed, think it is confusing, think it is more expensive than necessary to provide similar service (single payer would have been better), think it doesn't provide enough for many people, and think that drug prices should have been negotiated but I live in a real world and understand that in American politics, you don't often get the best solution since there are two extremely opposing views.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 7:33 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like the ACA that was passed, think it is confusing, think it is more expensive than necessary to provide similar service (single payer would have been better), think it doesn't provide enough for many people, and think that drug prices should have been negotiated but I live in a real world and understand that in American politics, you don't often get the best solution since there are two extremely opposing views.
I'm hoping the Republicans begin to dismantle this botched attempt at healthcare reform. I don't think they can repeal Obamacare, but they can certainly weaken the law.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Why do you keep going in circles? I can discuss a point of view that I may disagree with but unless you can give some solution that provides a plan that has any reasonable chance of getting support from both the republican and democratic parties and can somehow be paid for, the discussion doesn't go anywhere except in circles.

Exactly, it is a mess and you have one Party that pushed it through and one opposing it. It is inevitable that the one that pushed it through will receive the plaudits, or otherwise.

Everybody knows some horror story, I have not been to the local Doctor for years, now I can not, she retired through health issues and apparently the demographics did not suit the small Surgery chain that was going to take over. So now we only have Nurse Practitioners anywhere near.

Healthcare and Politics do not meld, especially in the US.

However I would not be that worried if I was a Dem, I dislike both, Obama has the veto and may be able to cherry pick a few things he actually likes, within the year the Repubs will be selecting their candidate and that will be messy and take the heat off. I could put forward an argument that losing the Senate was good news for 2016.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 8:09 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thinbrit
I'm hoping the Republicans begin to dismantle this botched attempt at healthcare reform. I don't think they can repeal Obamacare, but they can certainly weaken the law.
Or maybe, by stroke of miracle of course, a bipartisan solution resembling one of the European systems, maybe the German one, is reached, since this one still seems a bit half-arsed all round.

Reform wasn't what was needed with respect to healthcare, an overhaul was.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, it is a mess and you have one Party that pushed it through and one opposing it.
Care to guess which party actually wrote it?
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

Seemingly nobody read it.

Does make you wonder if somethings are just not suited for the Feds, perhaps better done at the State level.

Mind you my dealings at State level give me little confidence.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe Maine voted LePage back in....he's a complete and utter nutcase...plus he was about as much good as a bag of spanners dropped on your face the first time around.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

That good huh?
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bob
I can't believe Maine voted LePage back in....he's a complete and utter nutcase...plus he was about as much good as a bag of spanners dropped on your face the first time around.
Can't be as bad as this one

Colorado elects Obama exorcist who wants to spank transgender children
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Okay, that might just wing the lead on the nut counter
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Danvers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
That's Colorado Springs. Mega churches, Focus on the Family and ****ing Idiot Conventions. Oh and gun shows.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

Gun shows are better in Denver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.