Nothing weird here.

Old May 3rd 2017, 4:24 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nothing weird here.

Originally Posted by Nutek
Heinz are beans.

Everything else is a lie.
Damn right. Everything else is a legume.
Old May 3rd 2017, 5:03 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WEBlue
I doubt even many 'true' Brits would ever enjoy them on their own.
I am happy to eat them out of the can. Especially with a bit of HP.
Old May 3rd 2017, 5:04 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

But is hers a thick sauce or a thin one? And which kind of beans does she use? I bet hers is delish! Do you have a photo?
I will have to get her recipe. It has bacon, so it can't lose really.
Old May 3rd 2017, 6:19 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
"Thin"? Heinz Beans have the best sauce of any "British style" baked bean*, with every other brand of baked bean being watery in comparison ...
Heinz are beans.

Everything else is a lie.
This is truth, right here.

I mean, you couldn't beat Tesco's 9p tins of beans back in the day for price, but they were always lacking in the sauce department.

Heinz never lets you down. The beans with sausages, I seem to remember, had an even thicker sauce than the normal beans and nothing, and I mean nothing, beats Heinz beans with sausages over two slices of hot, buttery toast for a quick and easy Saturday lunch.
Old May 3rd 2017, 7:55 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

The consistency of both the Heinz beans (flabby & a bit slimy) & their sauce (thin, insipid) is what I object to most. Lower down on my 'dislike' list is the flavourlessness of both beans & sauce.

But I do understand why many folks love the whole Heinz beans thing; it's because for these peeps beans go so very well with the toast (on top of or sopped up by), or as the 'glue' amongst the items in the fried brekkie, etc. I doubt even many 'true' Brits would ever enjoy them on their own. I can't stand even a taste of them, though, & would much rather 'bind' my big brekkie with nice runny egg yolk as the 'glue'.

Yes!
I am a connoisseur of cold Heinz beans eaten with a spoon straight from the tin.
Old May 3rd 2017, 7:57 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I am a connoisseur of cold Heinz beans eaten with a spoon straight from the tin.
I used to do this too, I can attest to its deliciousness.
Old May 3rd 2017, 8:15 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I have nothing against cold Heinz beans, but I do make a point of scraping the inside of the tin clean while the bulk of the beans are warming up, and I certainly agree that cold Heinz baked bean sauce is delicious.

I have been an enthusiastic kitchen "bowl scraper" since I was a small child and almost no matter what sort of sauce, batter, or baking crumbs are left in a pan, bowl, jar, or tin, I will, to this day, be there to scrape it clean and eat the scrapings.

Last edited by Pulaski; May 3rd 2017 at 8:18 pm.
Old May 3rd 2017, 8:23 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I have nothing against cold Heinz beans, but I do make a point of scraping the inside of the tin clean while the bulk of the beans are warming up, and I certainly agree that cold Heinz baked bean sauce is delicious.

I have been an enthusiastic kitchen "bowl scraper" since I was a small child and almost no matter what sort of sauce, batter, or baking crumbs are left in a pan, bowl, jar, or tin, I will, to this day, be there to scrape it clean and eat the scrapings.
Everybody knows the best bits always stick to the container.
Old May 3rd 2017, 8:37 pm

Old May 3rd 2017, 9:11 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

I am happy to eat them out of the can. Especially with a bit of HP.
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I used to do this too, I can attest to its deliciousness.
I'm very sorry to say I'm rapidly losing all respect for you three.... Culinary Philistines!
Old May 3rd 2017, 9:14 pm

I'm very sorry to say I'm rapidly losing all respect for you three.... Culinary Philistines!
They bring out the hobo in me.
Old May 3rd 2017, 9:17 pm
I have a comma problem

That's fine, more cold beans for the rest of us
Old May 3rd 2017, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That's fine, more cold beans for the rest of us
Mmmm... Cold beans...
Old May 4th 2017, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Even better when heaped between two pieces of well buttered 'proper' wholemeal bread.

I can see a visit to my local pasty shop in the very near future, run by a Londoner (not 'proper' Wes'country but you can't have everything) baker - he makes a wicked pork pie. Nom nom
Old May 4th 2017, 12:21 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

I am shocked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.