British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Nothing weird here. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/nothing-weird-here-896153/)

Pulaski May 1st 2017 2:00 am

Nothing weird here.

Move along please, there's nothing to see here, nothing at all, and certainly not "weird". :frown:

Now I am hungry. :( ..... And I bet Nutek is too! :lol:

quiltman May 1st 2017 2:10 am

Re: Nothing weird here.

Perfectly normal food.

moneypenny20 May 1st 2017 2:19 am

I need some fish fingers. Now! Baked beans/spaghetti hoops etc in that vile tomato sauce honestly makes me gag just looking at it. Putting them on toast is beyond revolting. Not a fan of soggy anything. Put gravy on my chips and you may well die.:sneaky:

Pulaski May 1st 2017 2:43 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12241748)
I need some fish fingers. Now! Baked beans/spaghetti hoops etc in that vile tomato sauce honestly makes me gag just looking at it. Putting them on toast is beyond revolting. ....

So "delicious" must be beyond "revolting". :unsure: .... Of course placing a soft-poached egg on the toast first, before adding the beans, would be a significant improvement. :nod:

moneypenny20 May 1st 2017 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Pulaski (Post 12241753)
So "delicious" must be beyond "revolting". :unsure: .... Of course placing a soft-poached egg on the toast first, before adding the beans, would be a significant improvement. :nod:

No. The only thing that should be put on toast is butter. The egg should be on its own then you can dip the toast in the egg and not have a floppy slab of soggy toast. Beans have no place in my world. :sick:

Ps you can put Marmite or preferably Vegemite or honey on toast if you wish :thumb:

scrubbedexpat099 May 1st 2017 4:09 am

Never liked the idea of Scotch Eggs but saw nothing else odd.

Bo-Jangles May 1st 2017 4:22 am

I had Heinz baked beans on toast with two fried eggs on yesterday - breakfast of champions. :lol:

I'll pass on 9 & 10 Mushy Peas and Gravy on Chips have no place in my world.

lansbury May 1st 2017 5:27 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12241748)
I need some fish fingers. Now! Baked beans/spaghetti hoops etc in that vile tomato sauce honestly makes me gag just looking at it. Putting them on toast is beyond revolting. Not a fan of soggy anything. Put gravy on my chips and you may well die.:sneaky:

:ban:

lizzyq May 1st 2017 12:13 pm

The only weird thing there was accompanying British food with German music.

Nutek May 1st 2017 12:40 pm

Everything except number 2, which reminds me of a number two.

And christ that music is annoying.

kimilseung May 1st 2017 1:20 pm

British Food, Explained For Americans

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/...re#.bwJeKeL1Vr

moneypenny20 May 1st 2017 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12242030)
British Food, Explained For Americans

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lukebailey/...re#.bwJeKeL1Vr

:lol:

Sheepdip May 1st 2017 1:42 pm

21 does seem kind of strange and not something I'd do but that's about it for that list

Guindalf May 1st 2017 3:29 pm

...cos we ALL remember which number is which, right? :rolleyes:

The final one is missing the black pudding, otherwise it's close to the perfect breakfast.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 12241768)
No. The only thing that should be put on toast is butter. The egg should be on its own then you can dip the toast in the egg and not have a floppy slab of soggy toast. Beans have no place in my world. :sick:

Ps you can put Marmite or preferably Vegemite or honey on toast if you wish :thumb:

This perfectly sums up your lack of taste! Australian Vegemite has NO place in the English vocabulary - and it's most certainly NOT preferable to Marmite!

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12241787)
Never liked the idea of Scotch Eggs but saw nothing else odd.

Nature's best snack! Not normally a hard-boiled egg fan, but the fried sausage meat is wonderful. Of course, a good dose of HP or Heinz Ketchup hels the solid yolk go down ;)

mikelincs May 1st 2017 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Guindalf (Post 12242110)
...cos we ALL remember which number is which, right? :rolleyes:

The final one is missing the black pudding, otherwise it's close to the perfect breakfast.

This perfectly sums up your lack of taste! Australian Vegemite has NO place in the English vocabulary - and it's most certainly NOT preferable to Marmite!

Nature's best snack! Not normally a hard-boiled egg fan, but the fried sausage meat is wonderful. Of course, a good dose of HP or Heinz Ketchup hels the solid yolk go down ;)

+1