Nissan Leaf

Old Jan 26th 2016, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nissan Leaf

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It's easy to talk about that sort of project!
Haha, talking and actually getting round to doing it are two different things.

Also, bloody auto correct!
Old Jan 27th 2016, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

In Georgia we had a tax rebate for EV when the state Tax break of up to $5,000 was added to the credit of up to $7,500 the federal government already gives electric car buyers, drivers in Georgia could end up with a lease one of the lower-priced electric cars such as the Nissan Leaf for about $100 a month and end up spending very little money out of their own pocket. While the $5,000 tax credit was eliminated, the state imposed a $200 yearly registration fee on zero-emission vehicles as part of a larger transportation bill. In order to help maintain roads, the fee was instituted to make up for the money electric car drivers don’t pay in gasoline taxes.Since the tax incentive has been withdrawn sales of electric cars in Georgia dropped like a brick, from over 1000 a month to just a 150.A colleague at work who took advantage of this is now complaining that after only 15,000 miles he has had to replace both the front tires and because they are some odd ball size he is out an additional $300+I have never heard of new tires wearing out after only 15,000 miles wonder if its due to the battery being in front?
Old Jan 27th 2016, 5:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vimto
...I have never heard of new tires wearing out after only 15,000 miles wonder if its due to the battery being in front?
Our last car, had a set of tyres that didn't even make 10K and it was just a regular saloon car.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 5:39 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Our last car, had a set of tyres that didn't even make 10K and it was just a regular saloon car.
The rears on a MkII MR2 only had a life expectancy of 10,000 miles. They were a specially made soft compound to hold the rear, and its engine, on the road.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The rears on a MkII MR2 only had a life expectancy of 10,000 miles. They were a specially made soft compound to hold the rear, and its engine, on the road.
On my last car I could only get about 8k miles on the rears and about 15k miles on the fronts. Such is life for cars with different sized front and rear wheels
Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rbackhouse
On my last car I could only get about 8k miles on the rears and about 15k miles on the fronts. Such is life for cars with different sized front and rear wheels
Some high performance bike tyres don't last that long
Old Jan 28th 2016, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. I put new tires on my CR-V at 60k and that was only because I got a puncture that couldn't be repaired - there was still viable/legal tread left.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 7:14 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Wow. I put new tires on my CR-V at 60k and that was only because I got a puncture that couldn't be repaired - there was still viable/legal tread left.
The last set of boots on our Accord did 100,000. The two previous sets did 80k and 60k, so three sets did 240,000 miles. The current set have 61,000 on them and still have a lot of life left in them.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 11:02 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Illegal to have tyres more than 2(?) years old in UAE.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 1:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking at a Nissan, can you out a Leaf in the back of a Tundra?