Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Next time You Go to Las Vegas

Next time You Go to Las Vegas

Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:13 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Next time You Go to Las Vegas

......try this little tip and see if you manage to get an upgrade on your hotel room:

http://www.frontdesktip.com/

It shows the success rates.....the Bellagio shows a 100% success rate, as does the Palms and others too.

Basically, when checking in you put a $20 banknote between your credit card and driving licence...and politely ask if there is any chance of an upgrade....
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:14 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Next time You Go to Las Vegas

Originally Posted by Englishmum
......try this little tip and see if you manage to get an upgrade on your hotel room:

http://www.frontdesktip.com/

It shows the success rates.....the Bellagio shows a 100% success rate, as does the Palms and others too.

Basically, when checking in you put a $20 banknote between your credit card and driving licence...and politely ask if there is any chance of an upgrade....
yep that's an oldie and i've yet to actually meet anyone that's been successful doing it.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yep that's an oldie and i've yet to actually meet anyone that's been successful doing it.
Oooooooh.. sorry to but in but that's a fancy avatar, I like it

Are you really really cold today??? Are we still in Texas, 'cos I have never known it to be so cold as it has been this year.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

Are you really really cold today??? Are we still in Texas, 'cos I have never known it to be so cold as it has been this year.
Tell me about it! I left better weather in Scotland at the start of the week! :-)
Me and my son have rotten colds too so we're staying in to have a movie day in our PJ's.

Need to get hubs to try the trick with the $20 when he takes me to Vegas! Worth a shot - if you don't ask you don't get!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

nope i'm not really really cold although it was 27 last night, i was as snug as a bug in a rug. give me these cold dry sunny days any day of the year compared to the hot humid mths that loom.

pleased you like my avatar, made it myself
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen it done several times, it's not a myth. I have also mentioned it a few times here when people have asked for Vegas tips.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:23 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

We stayed in the Bellagio in March last year. It worked for us. We got a room overlooking the fountains. The in-laws didn't 'bribe' and got a room in the new building that didn't have the great views. My friend (the best-man) didn't 'bribe' and got a room on the lower floors with no real view either.

Old Feb 16th 2007, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Texas_Dave
We stayed in the Bellagio in March last year. It worked for us. We got a room overlooking the fountains. The in-laws didn't 'bribe' and got a room in the new building that didn't have the great views. My friend (the best-man) didn't 'bribe' and got a room on the lower floors with no real view either.
good for you, maybe we'll try it next time.....btw we were in bellagio last october and also had a room overlooking the fountains but then we booked it
Old Feb 16th 2007, 6:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Were you getting married? If so that could why you were upgraded.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 6:56 pm

We were getting married, but they didn't know that. We got married in a church and not at the Bellagio. Its a great hotel and we really enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Were you getting married? If so that could why you were upgraded.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

We were getting married, but they didn't know that. We got married in a church and not at the Bellagio. Its a great hotel and we really enjoyed it.
have you moved yet?
Old Feb 16th 2007, 7:23 pm

We find out on March 5th which state we will be moving to...

have you moved yet?
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I spent a day in Vegas last monday ............... stayed in my truck
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I spent a day in Vegas last monday ............... stayed in my truck
Hello stranger.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.