Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

A news survey by Pew research.

A news survey by Pew research.

Old Oct 6th 2014, 1:13 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A news survey by Pew research.

I got 10 which is good considering I don't watch, nor give the remotest bit of a shit about, the news
Old Oct 6th 2014, 1:42 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I R ignorant.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 1:46 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek

I R ignorant.
Actually, we're still better than 92% of whatever subject group was used for the survey, assuming you're in the same age bracket as I am, of course.

Anyway, 10/12 is still 83%. In my school, that was an A
Old Oct 6th 2014, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Actually, we're still better than 92% of whatever subject group was used for the survey, assuming you're in the same age bracket as I am, of course.

Anyway, 10/12 is still 83%. In my school, that was an A
Your school was Approved
Old Oct 6th 2014, 2:03 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Your school was Approved

My school was the dog's bollocks really, looking back. Not too many chavvy types and teachers who didn't seem to care that I walked around school smelling quite obviously like I'd just had a crafty fag in the bogs (and I don't care how dirty that sounds ...)

I seem to remember that in Uni though, and bear in mind I went to a Russel Group, top-30 uni, all one needed for a First was an overall average of 67%. Now, I didn't manage that while I was there, of course, but the OU had the same requirements and I was bloody kicking arse on that before I had to abandon it to move out here.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

My school was the dog's bollocks really, looking back. Not too many chavvy types and teachers who didn't seem to care that I walked around school smelling quite obviously like I'd just had a crafty fag in the bogs (and I don't care how dirty that sounds ...)

I seem to remember that in Uni though, and bear in mind I went to a Russel Group, top-30 uni, all one needed for a First was an overall average of 67%. Now, I didn't manage that while I was there, of course, but the OU had the same requirements and I was bloody kicking arse on that before I had to abandon it to move out here.
Pretty convincing, except that you've mis-spelled Russell
Old Oct 6th 2014, 2:18 pm
I have a comma problem

Pretty convincing, except that you've mis-spelled Russell
Makes an 'L' of a difference, that, doesn't it?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Makes an 'L' of a difference, that, doesn't it?
Can't you carry on OU over there? Could be wrong.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 2:26 pm
I have a comma problem

Not at the time, maybe now though, I haven't looked into it since I moved. I'd have to start over though, I was about 3/4 of the way through my first year course when I left the UK.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 2:27 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

No it's too sensible and egalitarian for the US.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by robin1234
No it's too sensible and egalitarian for the US.
Gun Studies?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 2:37 pm
I have a comma problem

Gun Studies?
I don't need a degree for that

Actually, since we're already off topic by a country mile, my employer will pay for me to get work related degrees, so if I wanted a degree in horticulture, or accounting or even work towards an MBA, I could do it and not have to pay a thing

Not sure if I want to get a degree in accounting though. Estimating and construction related stuff could bode well for the future.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't need a degree for that

Actually, since we're already off topic by a country mile, my employer will pay for me to get work related degrees, so if I wanted a degree in horticulture, or accounting or even work towards an MBA, I could do it and not have to pay a thing

Not sure if I want to get a degree in accounting though. Estimating and construction related stuff could bode well for the future.
That's a good idea.

Well they got rid of the chat room
Old Oct 7th 2014, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

10/12. I messed up Prime Minister of Israel and Chair of the federal reserve.
I have a Bachelors degree but i don't see how that defines my ability or willingness to keep up with current affairs.

Sometimes it can be best to ignore the news.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I got 10 right.

I missed what the government spends the most money on, and the unemployment rate, but I don't follow much US news these days and just guessed as I had no clue for those 2.

No college, don't really watch the news either, and no clue how I knew some of the answers. I expected to do worse then I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.