Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

A news survey by Pew research.

A news survey by Pew research.

Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:33 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A news survey by Pew research.

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
This is all going in the little black book mate
Finally, I'm in the little black book
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by robin1234
Congratulations
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Am amused by my 1 incorrect answer - to question #8
This error is consistent with rest of my age group in which 82% also got it wrong.

My conclusion: We're "in a state of denial" where "ignorance is bliss"!
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:44 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I got 13/12 you is all fickos!

Questions 8 and 10 are the interesting ones, as they are signs of misinformation, given their below random guess work 20% correct.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Many are called but few are chosen.

Or is it the other way around?
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:52 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
Am amused by my 1 incorrect answer - to question #8
This error is consistent with rest of my age group in which 82% also got it wrong.

My conclusion: We're "in a state of denial" where "ignorance is bliss"!
Originally Posted by kimilseung
I got 13/12 you is all fickos!

Questions 8 and 10 are the interesting ones, as they are signs of misinformation, given their below random guess work 20% correct.
I got #8 wrong too, I think I was overthinking the answer in that I knew that SS was the largest item of federal spending, but that it is paid for out of the SS Trust Fund, or FICA contributions or whatever ... I somehow assumed that meant it wasn't the answer but actually it was.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

I got #8 wrong too, I think I was overthinking the answer in that I knew that SS was the largest item of federal spending, but that it is paid for out of the SS Trust Fund, or FICA contributions or whatever ... I somehow assumed that meant it wasn't the answer but actually it was.
Ah, but I was "wronger"
Thought the answer was "Interest on the national debt"
I blame the Republicans! Their incessant claptrap misinformation and propoganda has done the dirty
Old Oct 5th 2014, 6:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Social Security fund sic is part of Fed borrowing. So not an investment but a debt from future tax income.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 7:20 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by MMcD
Ah, but I was "wronger"
Thought the answer was "Interest on the national debt"
I blame the Republicans! Their incessant claptrap misinformation and propoganda has done the dirty
That's OK, that's what I put too ... If you'd answered foreign aid, then you'd know you were watching too much Fox News ...
Old Oct 5th 2014, 7:26 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by Boiler
Social Security fund sic is part of Fed borrowing. So not an investment but a debt from future tax income.
I don't think that is correct. On the contrary, I understand that the US government has borrowed money from the funds accumulated from past FICA payments (the SS Trust Fund) and used the money borrowed for other purposes.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's OK, that's what I put too ... If you'd answered foreign aid, then you'd know you were watching too much Fox News ...
Old Oct 5th 2014, 7:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that is correct. On the contrary, I understand that the US government has borrowed money from the funds accumulated from past FICA payments (the SS Trust Fund) and used the money borrowed for other purposes.
That is correct, but so is what Boiler said. The Federal government doesn't currently have the money to repay what it owes, and so will have to repay it out of future taxes, or additional borrowings. Hence the characterization by some as it being a Ponzi scheme - so long as there was enough money coming in each month to pay out the drawings to those already receiving their social security, the fact the bulk of the money has been syphoned off and used for other purposes, could be ignored, but once drawings started to exceed income, the question as to how certain it is that the Federal Government repay what it borrowed has become more relevant.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 5th 2014 at 7:55 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 7:49 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

9/12 I'll just go stand in the corner...
Old Oct 5th 2014, 7:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
9/12 I'll just go stand in the corner...
It's OK, that still well above average, for a woman.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 9:04 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It's OK, that still well above average, for a woman.
You don't seem to be a very good troll.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.