Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

New York advice appreciated

New York advice appreciated

Old Dec 3rd 2018, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New York advice appreciated

Katz's Deli is Da Bomb! We were there in September following a cruise and spent a couple of days in the city. I had always wanted to go there having seen it on the TV many times and it didn't disappoint. If we could have brought the pickles home with us, there were so many, I think we'd still be eating them!

Went to the 9/11 museum, which was very emotional (especially as we were there on 9/9!), then got on a boat out to Liberty and Ellis Islands.

We stayed in an AirBnB in the Bronx which saved us a lot of money except for the Uber costs getting in and out of Manhattan itself. Took in the obligatory Broadway show (Beautiful, the Carole King Story).

We found that in a place like New York, if you're a little bit 'away from the action', getting food delivered by GrubHub was a great way to eat without having to leave the apartment.