New adventures

Old Mar 26th 2022, 12:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New adventures

How absolutely wonderful and fun. Explore that oyster and find the pearl of your dreams. Have a fantastic adventure.
Old Mar 27th 2022, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

Today we had a Garage Sale after a clear out of both our house and our daughters house. It took me from Wednesday until late Friday evening to sort it and price it and at 6.30 this morning we started to set everything up outside under our carport. At 7.30 we had our first customers and the last one at 4.30 this afternoon. What is left is being donated, books to the library, toys to Head Start, clothes to the local Women's Center.
It was a tiring long day but it felt good to get rid of so much un- needed "stuff". And less to pack up when we sell!

First steps of many to our new adventure!

Oh and the money we made will go towards our road trip
Old Mar 27th 2022, 3:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jolly Good
Today we had a Garage Sale after a clear out of both our house and our daughters house. It took me from Wednesday until late Friday evening to sort it and price it and at 6.30 this morning we started to set everything up outside under our carport. At 7.30 we had our first customers and the last one at 4.30 this afternoon. What is left is being donated, books to the library, toys to Head Start, clothes to the local Women's Center.
It was a tiring long day but it felt good to get rid of so much un- needed "stuff". And less to pack up when we sell!

First steps of many to our new adventure!

Oh and the money we made will go towards our road trip
Sounds like a busy few days for you all.

Fingers crossed all your plans go smoothly
Old Mar 27th 2022, 2:42 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Today we had a Garage Sale after a clear out of both our house and our daughters house
I had been wondering about doing something like that if/when we were to downsize or whatever.

I don't think I could face the work now. I remember something in the UK about "house clearance". I found this on wiki
A standard house of 3 to 4 bedrooms with an average amount of household furniture and effects can cost anywhere between £650 and £1,500 on average
I can't find anything like it for Canada. Plenty of google results but they're not house clearance.

I now wonder if it might work just contacting second hand stores, charities and so on, saying "come and have a look, disconnect and take what you want."

Or maybe hold a bidding thing like that TV show "Storage Wars."
Old Mar 27th 2022, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I had been wondering about doing something like that if/when we were to downsize or whatever.

I don't think I could face the work now. I remember something in the UK about "house clearance". I found this on wiki

I can't find anything like it for Canada. Plenty of google results but they're not house clearance.

I now wonder if it might work just contacting second hand stores, charities and so on, saying "come and have a look, disconnect and take what you want."

Or maybe hold a bidding thing like that TV show "Storage Wars."
Well considering our flooding issue almost five years ago and all the things that were destroyed at that time I was amazed at how much " stuff" we had accumulated since then!

There were some positives and some negatives to the sale.

Negatives: Pricing and sorting everything.
Crying over getting rid of certain items
Setting everything up outside
Getting up really really early on a Saturday.
Meeting some of the crazy customers .
Finding places for unsold items.

Positives: Meeting some of the fun customers
Watching my 5yr old granddaughter give stuff away
Choosing a perfect weather day for the sale
Impromptu party with family and friends during. sale.
Emptier closets!

But I am never doing it again!

Last edited by Jolly Good; Mar 27th 2022 at 3:18 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2022, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
How absolutely wonderful and fun. Explore that oyster and find the pearl of your dreams. Have a fantastic adventure.
Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Sounds like a busy few days for you all.

Fingers crossed all your plans go smoothly
Thank you ladies
Old Mar 27th 2022, 4:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Well considering our flooding issue almost five years ago and all the things that were destroyed at that time I was amazed at how much " stuff" we had accumulated since then!
It's incredible how stuff mounts up.
We've had three major multi-bag clothing donations and still have too much, including a few shirts still in their original packaging that I had sent over with a few other things in 2005.
When my MIL moved to join us in 2011 she brought six appliances with her. Admittedly we made use of the fridge and freezer and in time replaced a dishwasher and oven with hers, but the washer and dryer are still out in the garage with some other cabinets and there's a ton of stuff down in the basement.

I've sold or given away an oven, sofas, chairs, computer desks, bed but I still have nightmares about having everything packed up and unloaded even if we moved somewhere that had room for it.

Honestly I'd love to have an empty home to move into and start all over again. That was half the fun in moving here; picturing new stuff in a new home.
Old Mar 29th 2022, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

RV traveling doesn't really appeal to me but we are certainly going to move around more. Our plan is too also spend longer back in the UK as well.
RV traveling doesn't appeal to me one bit either! I want a real shower, proper toilet, big bed, proximity to restaurants ... all offered by a typical hotel or motel!

We are just hoping our house sells quickly

Our daughter and son in law put their house on the market just yesterday and the realtor has shown it 5 times today already!!
So we are hopeful.
My daughter just called. Third day of their house on the market and they have a cash offer of over $30k of the asking price. She is in shock right now
I met with my realtor two weeks ago to discuss selling my place in AZ. She suggested I sell furnished, as it would appeal to potential snowbirds and fetch a higher price. I signed the contract with her, and within a week I had a cash offer $30k over asking (and we asked what I thought was a ridiculous amount), and that was without listing on MLS! I could have probably got more by listing, and entertaining multiple offers, but I chose the path of less stress and accepted the offer. Selling furnished made moving real easy, and I was out of there last week! Easiest move I've ever made! For now, I'm going to hang out in CA permanently, which suits me fine. It's expensive to live in CA, but the climate, geography/terrain, and food options make it a hard one to beat.

Originally Posted by BristolUK
It's incredible how stuff mounts up.
We've had three major multi-bag clothing donations and still have too much, including a few shirts still in their original packaging that I had sent over with a few other things in 2005.
When my MIL moved to join us in 2011 she brought six appliances with her. Admittedly we made use of the fridge and freezer and in time replaced a dishwasher and oven with hers, but the washer and dryer are still out in the garage with some other cabinets and there's a ton of stuff down in the basement.

I've sold or given away an oven, sofas, chairs, computer desks, bed but I still have nightmares about having everything packed up and unloaded even if we moved somewhere that had room for it.

Honestly I'd love to have an empty home to move into and start all over again. That was half the fun in moving here; picturing new stuff in a new home.
Selling my place furnished was a wonderfully liberating experience. I not only included the furniture, but 'almost everything' - pots, pans, artwork, tools in the garage, bedding, towels, 'office supplies' in the drawers, monitors on the desk, TVs, etc etc. Knowing I got more money in the deal by selling it that way offset the usual anxiety over the 'cost' issues of giving or throwing stuff away. For example - I really wanted to pack my toaster oven because it was very functional and still in good condition, but - I can buy a new one for $100 or so, and I got a bunch of money in the sale, and leaving it for the buyer means it's not going to waste. So all I took out were box-loads of clothes, photo albums, etc. It still amounted to about 40 boxes, which are now sitting in a 5' x 10' storage facility (a LOT went to Goodwill, and the electronics recycling facility).

Last edited by Steerpike; Mar 29th 2022 at 1:15 am.
Old Mar 29th 2022, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steerpike
RV traveling doesn't appeal to me one bit either! I want a real shower, proper toilet, big bed, proximity to restaurants ... all offered by a typical hotel or motel!

I met with my realtor two weeks ago to discuss selling my place in AZ. She suggested I sell furnished, as it would appeal to potential snowbirds and fetch a higher price. I signed the contract with her, and within a week I had a cash offer $30k over asking (and we asked what I thought was a ridiculous amount), and that was without listing on MLS! I could have probably got more by listing, and entertaining multiple offers, but I chose the path of less stress and accepted the offer. Selling furnished made moving real easy, and I was out of there last week! Easiest move I've ever made! For now, I'm going to hang out in CA permanently, which suits me fine. It's expensive to live in CA, but the climate, geography/terrain, and food options make it a hard one to beat.

Selling my place furnished was a wonderfully liberating experience. I not only included the furniture, but 'almost everything' - pots, pans, artwork, tools in the garage, bedding, towels, 'office supplies' in the drawers, monitors on the desk, TVs, etc etc. Knowing I got more money in the deal by selling it that way offset the usual anxiety over the 'cost' issues of giving or throwing stuff away. For example - I really wanted to pack my toaster oven because it was very functional and still in good condition, but - I can buy a new one for $100 or so, and I got a bunch of money in the sale, and leaving it for the buyer means it's not going to waste. So all I took out were box-loads of clothes, photo albums, etc. It still amounted to about 40 boxes, which are now sitting in a 5' x 10' storage facility (a LOT went to Goodwill, and the electronics recycling facility).
Wow! That was amazing and made your sale so easy. I hope ours will be as well

We spent today tidying our flower beds and mulching ready for Wednesdays photos. I am stressing a bit so I hope it all goes well without any glitches.
Old Mar 31st 2022, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pictures were taken of the house inside yesterday but of course it was pouring down with rain so the realtor is coming back on Monday to finish outside. She anticipates that by the middle of next week it will listed

Old Apr 8th 2022, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Today we are officially up for sale!

Old Apr 8th 2022, 8:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Old Apr 8th 2022, 11:34 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

here for you
Old Apr 8th 2022, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

OK, it's been a day - you should have some offers by now . Have you set a date for 'consideration of offers'? That seems to be the current practice around my neck of the woods - set a date for offers, and get everyone to submit by that date. Really sharpens the offers!
Old Apr 9th 2022, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steerpike
OK, it's been a day - you should have some offers by now . Have you set a date for 'consideration of offers'? That seems to be the current practice around my neck of the woods - set a date for offers, and get everyone to submit by that date. Really sharpens the offers!
We haven't even had a viewing yet! Sign didn't go up until 5pm (rural Texas is slow).

We do have some viewers tomorrow and Sunday but I doubt we will any offers straight away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.