Netflix

Old Mar 3rd 2011, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netflix

Question for anyone with Amazon Prime... are the entire season of current shows available for streaming? Hulu usually only has the last five episodes. (E.g. shows like 30 Rock)
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone likes a good BBC costume drama I've just found "North and South" on Netflix instant
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:55 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jscl
Question for anyone with Amazon Prime... are the entire season of current shows available for streaming? Hulu usually only has the last five episodes. (E.g. shows like 30 Rock)
Yes if you pay for it by the episode, not free on Amazon Prime.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Jscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond reputeJscl has a reputation beyond repute

thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know! I didn't want to join for the streaming and then them not have for free what I want to see.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
How does it compare to Netflix, which also seems to have old movies?
Netflix has all the new movies but are just hard to find and are not initially available in streaming. I still haven't figured out how to find the new movies except search by the title.

I don't have a clue about how Netflix organizes its movies. For example after Wall Street, The Wrestler, or The Town was released, they didn't show up when you selected the "new arrivals" selection but were there when you searched by the title. Several months later they still have not shown up in the "new arrivals" selection.

I have to constantly do a search when I think that a movie is about to be released. I generally get my clues as to when a movie is about to be released when I walk by a Redbox kiosk which displays the new releases on the front of the vending machine. Currently Netflix will start shipping "The Fighter" on 3/15 and "127 Hours" on 3/29.

Last edited by Michael; Mar 8th 2011 at 8:06 am.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
Netflix has all the new movies but are just hard to find and are not initially available in streaming. I still haven't figured out how to find the new movies except search by the title.

I don't have a clue about how Netflix organizes its movies. For example after Wall Street, The Wrestler, or The Town was released, they didn't show up when you selected the "new arrivals" selection but were there when you searched by the title. Several months later they still have not shown up in the "new arrivals" selection.

I have to constantly do a search when I think that a movie is about to be released. I generally get my clues as to when a movie is about to be released when I walk by a Redbox kiosk which displays the new releases on the front of the vending machine. Currently Netflix will start shipping "The Fighter" on 3/15 and "127 Hours" on 3/29.
I was referring to Netflix streaming only. It seems both Amazon and Netflix only stream older movies to their subscribers, and the only option to stream new movies is PPV via Amazon.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 1:36 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I was referring to Netflix streaming only. It seems both Amazon and Netflix only stream older movies to their subscribers, and the only option to stream new movies is PPV via Amazon.
I got Harry Brown the other day, Michael Caine is the BOSS!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 1:39 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Netflix has turned into a major distributor that US distribution companies are pointlessly trying to rail in. It was fine when they were just Blockbuster-by-mail, but now thanks to Blu-Ray and the spread of large flat screen TVs, more and more people are staying home rather than going out to the movies. Many studios and distributors are reaching the ends of their initial contracts with Netflix and are trying to change the game in their favor, including holding release of movies to Netflix by up to 6 months, removing parts of their inventory from Netflix, and even not letting Netflix have them at all.

They're trying to break the virtual monopoly that Netflix has created by being so good at what they do, so expect to see lots of fun things down the road including movies appearing on On Demand, RedBox and iTunes services before Netflix, Netflix-only versions of DVDs which have had the Special Features removed (if you want to hear the Director's Commentary or see some extra behind the scenes stuff, you have to buy the DVD) and pretty soon I imagine trailers and ads appearing before Netflix streaming movies.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:05 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting for "Death at a Funeral" to come out on Netflix streaming. They have the Black one, but I'm pretty sure it sucks.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 4:40 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I'm waiting for "Death at a Funeral" to come out on Netflix streaming. They have the Black one, but I'm pretty sure it sucks.
Haven't seen it, but from what I heard, it's basically the same thing. Alan Tudyk was brilliant in the original, though, and is one of the few who can pull off a good English accent.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Just saw this from The Wall Street Journal:

"Facebook is getting into the movie rental business through an experiment with Warner Bros., which will allow streaming of "The Dark Knight" for $3. Other titles will follow."

Sorta pricey!
Old Mar 8th 2011, 6:43 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Four Lions
comming to Netflix streaming 4/7/2011 - thats April for them thats just landed
Old Mar 8th 2011, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Four Lions
comming to Netflix streaming 4/7/2011 - thats April for them thats just landed
Old Mar 9th 2011, 12:41 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aviva
Just saw this from The Wall Street Journal:

"Facebook is getting into the movie rental business through an experiment with Warner Bros., which will allow streaming of "The Dark Knight" for $3. Other titles will follow."

Sorta pricey!
yeah they reckon this is going to hit Netflix hard, and apparently the Netflix stock fell immediately.
But, although I am a total FB addict, I would never partake in anything that involved me entering credit card details into anything to do with FB
Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:06 am
redruM

southerncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nicesoutherncomfort is just really nice

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Donkeys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.