Netflix

Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netflix

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
Thats just not fair posting poor old catweasel.. blowing my poor old memory circuits!

Been getting 'open all hours' from netflix... ronnie barker at his best!

Can you stream it or is it disc only?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:19 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Can you stream it or is it disc only?
Disc only... but thats nice as we can take the disc with us when we travel ..now on series 4
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

So I see the prices are going up yet again. I think this is the 3rd increase in a year and a half. I think I'm going to drop the physical DVD and go with the streaming only package.

http://blog.netflix.com/2011/07/netf...plans-and.html
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:40 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
So I see the prices are going up yet again. I think this is the 3rd increase in a year and a half. I think I'm going to drop the physical DVD and go with the streaming only package.

http://blog.netflix.com/2011/07/netf...plans-and.html
Jesus! that a huge percentage increase. So big its clear they want people to drop the by mail option.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:43 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Jesus! that a huge percentage increase. So big its clear they want people to drop the by mail option.
Did you read the last comment on thet link... sounds to me like they just don't give a damn wether you cancel!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:01 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

Just been on the phone with Netflix and heard all the excuses but switched to DVD only.. suggest everybody call them and tie up their phone lines.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read the last comment on thet link... sounds to me like they just don't give a damn wether you cancel!
Yeah, they should at least offer a small discount for keeping both (DVD and streaming). Have just wasted 30 mins of my life reading all the comments
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Just been on the phone with Netflix and heard all the excuses but switched to DVD only.. suggest everybody call them and tie up their phone lines.
I'll wait until the change over I think it said Sept 1st. I think I'd do the opposite though, cancel DVD and keep the streaming, any DVD we could get from the redbox
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:06 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

Originally Posted by nethead
Yeah, they should at least offer a small discount for keeping both (DVD and streaming). Have just wasted 30 mins of my life reading all the comments
But surely the people and comments from users on this site are more interesting than some boring netflix movie??
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:19 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be cancelling I think. It takes far too long for movies to get onto streaming and we use it most for movies, streaming the odd TV show and naff Saturday afternoon filrm.

Think its a bit of a kick in the teeth for customers who have been with them for years and built them into the company they are.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just that the streaming is more limited than the DVD selection, but that they keep removing streaming content. In my instant queue of 198 titles, 48 have been removed from the streaming service.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:37 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
It's not just that the streaming is more limited than the DVD selection, but that they keep removing streaming content. In my instant queue of 198 titles, 48 have been removed from the streaming service.
Sounds to me like the Wall st bankers have moved in and hi-jacked it all for profit. I really hope they take a good kicking on this one.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

dnolan1337 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im dropping my Netflix account.

I only kept it active because every once in a while I feel like watching something I kinda remember from 10 years ago, and the $7.99 a month bill was not a big deal.

Now, its going up to $15.98 a month for the same service? That I cannot just ignore, I do not use it enough to justify those rates.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:05 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I just got the email announcement about the price changes and new format. I was on the 1-DVD plus unlimited streaming for $9.99. I find myself mostly watching streamed stuff, but I know there's a lot out there that's only available on DVD, so I hate to give up getting the DVDs completely. I like the flexibility of streaming, I can watch a bunch of different things in a row, in the middle of the night, if I want. Argh. Just when I was all happy with Netflix and singing their praises to my friends, too! Bleh.

I might keep both for a while, and just make sure I turnaround the DVDs quicker...then do only streaming for a while to let the DVD queue build up again. Seems you can easily switch your account setup back and forth anyway.

Rene
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:08 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I just got the email announcement about the price changes and new format. I was on the 1-DVD plus unlimited streaming for $9.99. I find myself mostly watching streamed stuff, but I know there's a lot out there that's only available on DVD, so I hate to give up getting the DVDs completely. I like the flexibility of streaming, I can watch a bunch of different things in a row, in the middle of the night, if I want. Argh. Just when I was all happy with Netflix and singing their praises to my friends, too! Bleh.

I might keep both for a while, and just make sure I turnaround the DVDs quicker...then do only streaming for a while to let the DVD queue build up again. Seems you can easily switch your account setup back and forth anyway.

Rene
I might keep both for a while, do get-rip/burn turn around on the list for a month or two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.