Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

My Wife is ready to try something I've wanted for a long time.

My Wife is ready to try something I've wanted for a long time.

Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Wife is ready to try something I've wanted for a long time.

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Precisely! I ain't anti-tv. Just don't see the point of paying for cable or satellite.
Oddly, we've gone the opposite way and see more point to paying for cable now that we pay more for the premium channels. They were free for 3-months, and like lemmings we've of course kept them

So rather than paying about $60/month we're up to about $85, but have all the movie channels, HBO etc and in HD. I find I watch THEM all the time since so often something good is on and of course, no adverts.

It's a personal thing, and I may well switch back to a more sensible subscription at some point. But during the cold winter evenings up this way at the moment, it's rather nice to have so much watchable choice.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:37 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad ABY started this "What are You Watching on TV" thread for us.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:40 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Oddly, we've gone the opposite way and see more point to paying for cable now that we pay more for the premium channels. They were free for 3-months, and like lemmings we've of course kept them

So rather than paying about $60/month we're up to about $85, but have all the movie channels, HBO etc and in HD. I find I watch THEM all the time since so often something good is on and of course, no adverts.

It's a personal thing, and I may well switch back to a more sensible subscription at some point. But during the cold winter evenings up this way at the moment, it's rather nice to have so much watchable choice.

Hobbes did you get on The Box? You asked about that WWI Truce documentary.
Just to let you know I downloaded this from there a few days ago;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0492432/

About the last handful of surviving Tommy Atkins', obviously all centenarians and their memories. The movie was made in 2005 and some have since passed away. Pretty interesting if you like WWI stuff
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:42 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I'm so glad ABY started this "What are You Watching on TV" thread for us.
He can't see your message as he's probably got rid of his internet by now and is busy burying some neighbors on his plot of land
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:51 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Why make this move when it switches to digital? I thought all modern TVs were digital ready anyways so no box required.
I tend to only watch a couple of shows on TV and that's only because my 4 month old goes mad if I sit down so have to carry him around the house until he falls asleep so may as well watch TV or listen to music.
We made the decision before we were given the new tv and none of our old ones were digital. We did get two of the converter boxes several months ago, but couldn't make them work due to weak signal strength (I think). We would have had to put up a tower with a digital antenna blah, blah blah... the hell with it.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:52 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Jeeves and Wooster is exactly what I think of everytime I see House advertised.
Poor old ABY's anti-TV thread has become a TV show thread
These things happen. *shrug*
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:01 pm
Unmitigated Gall

He can't see your message as he's probably got rid of his internet by now and is busy burying some neighbors on his plot of land
Actually, I'm at my parents. The transmission in my Hyundai lost the will to live and ended it's life on my way home from work. Luckily I was near my parent's place and not in the middle of nowhere. I made the last three miles to their house maxed out at 20mph in 2nd gear.

Joy.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:07 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Actually, I'm at my parents. The transmission in my Hyundai lost the will to live and ended it's life on my way home from work. Luckily I was near my parent's place and not in the middle of nowhere. I made the last three miles to their house maxed out at 20mph in 2nd gear.

Joy.
you've got that big stupid beard thing too right.......

you amish or something?

do you have running water?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:08 pm
Banned

Joy.

Sell it to Amerlisa

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=580543
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:09 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Manc
you've got that big stupid beard thing too right.......

you amish or something?

do you have running water?
Yeah.

No.

Sometimes.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

That's it.
They need some better mini-series on HBO. They had some really good ones like The Sopranos, Sex and the city, Six Feet under and Carnivale. I can't get into any of the new ones, can't even remember their names.
John in Cinncinati and that one about the Mormon guy
True Blood is a new one - and it is SO good. Written by the people responsible for "Six Feet Under". Check that one out.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:18 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Sell it to Amerlisa
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. 203K miles, passenger side wrecked from hitting two deer, no passenger side headlight, crack all the way across the windshield, the steering wheel shakes like a coin operated mattress and it smells like something (probably a mouse)died in it... Runs like a champ though.

I'd just park it in the woods next to my old Taurus but I'd have to get it the 60 miles to my house. Right now it's my parent's driveway, but it won't be long until the uptight HOA sniffs it out and comes down on their ass like a horde of Khaki Docker wearing Nazis.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Hobbes did you get on The Box? You asked about that WWI Truce documentary.
Just to let you know I downloaded this from there a few days ago;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0492432/

About the last handful of surviving Tommy Atkins', obviously all centenarians and their memories. The movie was made in 2005 and some have since passed away. Pretty interesting if you like WWI stuff
Yeah, got on and downloaded it, but haven't seen it yet. Trying to get a chance. Thanks for the tip on the other one... I'll take a glance. I was mainly interested in the truce doc since I'd heard so many stories about it over the years, I was intrigued to see what the real story was behind it all.

Thanks for sorting access for me on that
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:47 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. 203K miles, passenger side wrecked from hitting two deer, no passenger side headlight, crack all the way across the windshield, the steering wheel shakes like a coin operated mattress and it smells like something (probably a mouse)died in it... Runs like a champ though.
Around here that'd be advertised as "Like new condition".
Old Dec 30th 2008, 3:46 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

we have cable but we actually only turn on noggin for the kids. I watched an hour of 'house' yesterday and it was the first tv id seen since LOST finished many months back! So we could definatly live without it. (i have an auto turn on weather radio and use most of my news on the internet).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.