Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

My Wife is ready to try something I've wanted for a long time.

My Wife is ready to try something I've wanted for a long time.

Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:42 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Wife is ready to try something I've wanted for a long time.

Originally Posted by Ray
Ali McBeal
That's it.
They need some better mini-series on HBO. They had some really good ones like The Sopranos, Sex and the city, Six Feet under and Carnivale. I can't get into any of the new ones, can't even remember their names.
John in Cinncinati and that one about the Mormon guy
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:42 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Me too!!!! Actually it started a couple of weeks ago (when my evil sister came for my pie sister's graduation) when they were having a House marathon on one of the cable channels. Since she likes House and since she commandeers the remote wherever she goes - we watched House. I carried on by watching the Christmas marathons and in less than a month I've watched about 3,000 episodes of House.

I really need to get back to classes.
How he used to be ...

Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:45 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray

Jeeves and Wooster is exactly what I think of everytime I see House advertised.
Poor old ABY's anti-TV thread has become a TV show thread
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:47 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Yesterday at Barnes and Noble, I picked up one of the House DVDs and held it up to one of the Jeeves and Wooster ones. He REALLY is good at playing an upper class twit. BUT he is pretty darn good at playing a tortured curmudgeon.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:51 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I must say I don't watch any of the mainstream network TV shows I see people posting about here.
Never seen House, Desperate Housewives, 24, CSI ( in whatever city), Heroes, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Murphy Brown or any of those comedies they are endlessly advertising such as 2 1/2 men, Will & Grace, The King of Queens etc. etc. etc.

Thumbs up for 60 Minutes & Jeopardy
I like to have one favorite show but it's hard catch anything on the actual night the networks have it slotted so I watch the cable reruns. House is my current most precious one.

I mostly watch IFC, PBS, C-Span, Sundance (now that I know that I have it ) and MSNBC. I love crime documentaries but it is rare that one is on that I haven't already seen because I've been addicted to them for so long.

I agree with ABY about the stuff that he doesn't like but it's not like I'd have time to watch all of the annoying stuff that's on TV anyway. So, I just pick and choose. I'm like you in that what I watch boils down mostly to documentaries and films with a relatively small amount of true crap.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:52 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

That's it.
They need some better mini-series on HBO. They had some really good ones like The Sopranos, Sex and the city, Six Feet under and Carnivale. I can't get into any of the new ones, can't even remember their names.
John in Cinncinati and that one about the Mormon guy
Deadwood
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:53 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I like 30 Rock
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I I love crime documentaries but it is rare that one is on that I haven't already seen because I've been addicted to them for so long.
new series of the first 48 hours starts this week
http://www.aetv.com/the_first_48/episodes/index.jsp
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:54 pm
Banned

I like to have one favorite show but it's hard catch anything on the actual night the networks have it slotted so I watch the cable reruns. House is my current most precious one.

I mostly watch IFC, PBS, C-Span, Sundance (now that I know that I have it ) and MSNBC. I love crime documentaries but it is rare that one is on that I haven't already seen because I've been addicted to them for so long.

I agree with ABY about the stuff that he doesn't like but it's not like I'd have time to watch all of the annoying stuff that's on TV anyway. So, I just pick and choose. I'm like you in that what I watch boils down mostly to documentaries and films with a relatively small amount of true crap.
IFC is another good channel. I don't get that any more as I cut my cable bill after I lost my job
AMC and Turner Movie Channel are good if you like old movies as I do. Don't get them anymore either after the cable bill slashing

HBO is good for boxing which is one of my interests.

We watched this documentary on HBO last week if you have it;

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/catdancers/index.html
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:55 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by elfman
I like 30 Rock
I've never seen it. I'm saving it for when I get tired of House.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:55 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Deadwood
Ian McShane- pitty pat, pitty pat.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:56 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Ray
new series of the first 48 hours starts this week
http://www.aetv.com/the_first_48/episodes/index.jsp
Oh cool - I've been skipping over it for a while because it was always a rerun.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:58 pm
Banned

Deadwood

Couldn't get into it and didn't watch it from the beginning. Not to mention it was on before we got the DVR, we have kids and every other word is mother****er.
Also he reminds me of Lovejoy too much, just as the guy from House reminds me of Jeeves and Wooster
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:00 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

AMC and Turner Movie Channel are good if you like old movies as I do.
some good stuff turns up on TMC and on AMC in theory but I never watch anything on AMC because they show edited/censored versions and have loads of advert breaks. “TV for movie people" My arse.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by elfman
some good stuff turns up on TMC and on AMC in theory but I never watch anything on AMC because they show edited/censored versions and have loads of advert breaks. “TV for movie people" My arse.

Just a side note as I know you are into old movies. I watched The Royle Family Christmas Special downloaded from UKNova. Tom Courtenay and Helen Fraser played Dave's parents. Reminded me of one of my favorites, Billy Liar.............. Barbara and her bloody oranges!!
Obviously both getting on now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.