Minimum wage

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 3:38 pm
Banned

Golden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Minimum wage

Originally Posted by Michael
People are gullible though since they listen to "motivational speakers" that claim everyone can make millions flipping houses, investing with a guaranteed high return, use investment tools that do everything for you, selling products that are based on pyramid schemes, etc. but in reality, the only one's that make money are the motivational speakers that are selling the "how to" products.
I know a guy that literally made a 100 million dollars and lost it all..

These are actual transcripts from actual an conversation, as best as I can remember it

Me: What happened to all the money!?
him: bad investments
ME: Why did you invest any of it, did'nt you have enough, just sit on it!
him: I F-ed up
ME: WTF?
him: "I need you to buy my share of the" business
Me: ..You had the world by the balls!
him: I got greedy
Me: - I feel bad for your poor wife.

People just never have enough do they?

"poor man wants to be rich, rich man wants to be king" -My Great grandmother 1967

Unless I have my hands on the business, or have some inside information, I wouldn't put a dime into the company (market)- why would anybody bet on companies that they know nothing about? You have to know that the people at the top of them are looting them or at the very least taking all the creme off the top of it. Because thats what they do
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yes, this everyone can be a winner thing makes no sense at all. Just a convenient cover for criticising minimum wage workers.
As well as handy code for criticising those "lazy" you-know-whos
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 3:51 pm
Banned

Golden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond reputeGolden Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
Is that how we figure out how people get paid? I thought it was money generated? And I dare say that a single McDonalds worker generates more money a day than most of you do in a day, and they deserve their fair share of it. America lets McDonalds come into their communities, exploit their children, poison everybody, and run off with all the money..

Some university conducted a study wich revealed that if McDonalds doubled their wages from $7 to $15 an hour in a America a big Mac would go up by something like .60 cents (If I remember correctly) and the price of Dollar menu items like my favorite the plain double cheeseburger would go up by just .17 cents...I'm willing to pay a few more pennies for my plain double cheeseburger in order to have 7 more dollars per hour, per employee stay in my community. And every dime of it would be spent in my community in the form of goods and services instead of being plowed into foreign, tax sheltered, off shore accounts of billionaires...

You see, America has a demand issue. Currently corporate America is meeting all of American consumer demands. They are sitting on trillions of dollars and when demand increases, they'll invest some of that money, and create the jobs required to meet it. Thats how jobs are created, they aren't just created out of thin air and for no reason. Its called Supply and Demand

America needs MORE MONEY in the pockets of PEOPLE that will spend it.
Yes....The plain Double Cheeseburger is the best choice because they have to make it fresh right there when you order it at the drive up window- instead of handing you one with everything on it thats been sitting there for 5, 10 or 15minutes. The meat is hot n greasy, the bun is fresh and soft, and its easily eaten while driving...And it's only $1- $1.17 if the kids got paid
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
As well as handy code for criticising those "lazy" you-know-whos
Indeed.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"The American Dream" ! Hokum !
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The siren and the ecstasy.

Oh that's Scottish
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47

Hokum! Smokum!

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So now I had to look it up.

Had forgotten all the guys used to dress like this.

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Is that how we figure out how people get paid? I thought it was money generated? And I dare say that a single McDonalds worker generates more money a day than most of you do in a day, and they deserve their fair share of it. America lets McDonalds come into their communities, exploit their children, poison everybody, and run off with all the money..

Some university conducted a study wich revealed that if McDonalds doubled their wages from $7 to $15 an hour in a America a big Mac would go up by something like .60 cents (If I remember correctly) and the price of Dollar menu items like my favorite the plain double cheeseburger would go up by just .17 cents...I'm willing to pay a few more pennies for my plain double cheeseburger in order to have 7 more dollars per hour, per employee stay in my community. And every dime of it would be spent in my community in the form of goods and services instead of being plowed into foreign, tax sheltered, off shore accounts of billionaires...

You see, America has a demand issue. Currently corporate America is meeting all of American consumer demands. They are sitting on trillions of dollars and when demand increases, they'll invest some of that money, and create the jobs required to meet it. Thats how jobs are created, they aren't just created out of thin air and for no reason. Its called Supply and Demand

Just curious if the study took into account most locations are franchises and not corporate owned by a billion dollar company.

I am all for a higher min. wage, but to be realistic many franchise owners are not super wealthy, and may have just 1 location, remember McDonalds doesn't pay the wages, the local owner of the location does.

My last hotel for example is part of a large well known chain, if you didn't know they were a franchise you would think there were deep pockets just being super cheap, but reality is its a franchise, and locally the property only made about 1 million per year in revenue, not even sure if the owners made a profit on the place even.

It would be better to do a study on a company like Wal-Mart where every store and employees is owned by and paid by the same company.

Average Mcd's sales per store is 2 million, some make more, some make less, but if you own it and its your only location and you have say 1.5 million in sales per year, you may not be able to pay 15/hr and only charge 60 cents more.

I think the whole franchise system is flawed, misleads people to think Mcdonalds for example are all owned by a billion dollar company, when reality is they don't own most of the locations and simply license their name, and products to someone to use.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

They license the name and then make it on the branded product you have to use and the supplies that have to be sourced through approved suppliers.

I forget where I read it now, but a week or so ago and it was in relation to Seattle and $15.

Now the angle was definitely from a liberal perspective but was pointing out that unless Seattle restructured benefits then there would be some people losing out as a result of the $15, went through various examples.

There was another lady who worked in a Restaurant behind the Bar and was concerned that as the $15 applied for all staff she would start losing out on tips. Her basic was not much but she made a good living when you added in tips.

Now some including me may think that is no bad thing, but if you were eating out in Seattle and you knew the minimum was $15 would you tip or tip at the same level.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yes, this everyone can be a winner thing makes no sense at all. Just a convenient cover for criticising minimum wage workers.
They put the blame on the worker for being unmotivated to get a better job, but if they are unemployed then it is Obama's fault.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Anian
They put the blame on the worker for being unmotivated to get a better job, but if they are unemployed then it is Obama's fault.
Well of course
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
They license the name and then make it on the branded product you have to use and the supplies that have to be sourced through approved suppliers.

I forget where I read it now, but a week or so ago and it was in relation to Seattle and $15.

Now the angle was definitely from a liberal perspective but was pointing out that unless Seattle restructured benefits then there would be some people losing out as a result of the $15, went through various examples.

There was another lady who worked in a Restaurant behind the Bar and was concerned that as the $15 applied for all staff she would start losing out on tips. Her basic was not much but she made a good living when you added in tips.

Now some including me may think that is no bad thing, but if you were eating out in Seattle and you knew the minimum was $15 would you tip or tip at the same level.
That is how it works in hotel with supplies too, gotta buy through approved suppliers and if you saw the stupid high prices being charged for things from these suppliers well more would understand why some hotels appear so stingy on extra soap and shampoo...or charge for extras.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

jmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond reputejmood has a reputation beyond repute

So what is the best way to figure how people should get paid? If it is based on money generated then it's absolutely fair that those in the financial industry earn 7 figures while an average doctor (who I would argue is much more highly skilled and contributes much more to society) earns around $250,000 and a teacher who I think contributes much much more than anyone in finance earns only 5 figures.
Old Jul 24th 2014, 6:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
.... but if you were eating out in Seattle and you knew the minimum was $15 would you tip or tip at the same level.
Where's Horace? Horace! Horace, where are you? Horace!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.