london vs new york

Old Aug 19th 2018, 8:22 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: london vs new york

Originally Posted by sherbert
This is the same in every part of the country, not just NYC. American life is about proving how rich, successful ad beautiful you are. People are in therapy here because they are sold lies from the moment they are born about how great they are and will be. When they realize that actually they are not going to be the greatest living human being ('second place first loser') because their education has ill-prepared them for real life (hey, turns out that copying the answers from a board into a book isn't actually all that conducive to working life after all) and actually the system perpetuates the status quo, they become disillusioned and upset and seek answers.

Also, it's 2018 and many women in this county are unable to take control of their own reproductive organs. In many parts of the country there is still a stigma of being an unmarried mother and also even to having a sexual relationship before marriage: those purity rings and father-daughter balls aren't made up. Those who want to have families know that, if they are in low income jobs for example, they are not going to get maternity leave and don't have health insurance and so are going to be income-less for a good chunk of time. I can see why women who do want families are desperate to get married because how else are you going to survive?

And why do American men never seem to grow up? Because they are infantized - often by women - and play to this self fulfilling prophecy. Gah. Apologies for the rant but nothing I said is not true.
You have been contemplating on this forum whether you want to remain in the US. If this is your opinion of the country and its inhabitants, why in the world would you be even considering staying?
Old Aug 19th 2018, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

It is a vast generalisation of course but you nothing I said above is untrue .
Old Aug 19th 2018, 8:39 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

It is a vast generalisation of course but you nothing I said above is untrue .
But a vast generalization can only be true for the few and is patently untrue for the majority!
Old Aug 19th 2018, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

OK we'll agree to disagree. Back to the matter at hand.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 12:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
Half of girls in new york moved there because of sex and the city and really did. If you are doing that you are nuts. I have got guy friends 38 years old putting girls on scales they go over x weight they dump em. They have got issues. New York great but it is bs at the same time and the wow factor wears off very quickly. So much pressure to look good, be a certain weight, have a certain job, dress a certain way. London perhaps not so much.
Ummm...I think you fell into your TV. Or you hang around with the people that live in cloud cuckoo land.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:06 pm
Banned

andyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond reputeandyrebell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Ummm...I think you fell into your TV. Or you hang around with the people that live in cloud cuckoo land.
Quite possibly.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

NYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond reputeNYer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrebell
I agree with empty lives. Their are great people the ones I met but they are also losers going nowhere in life trying to fight the clock and the clock can never be beaten. Maybe they will be parents for the first time at 50 or 55 pathetic. You only need to look at the single childless real housewives of new york. Everyone for gropping for a strategy to get by. London is not like that. Sex and the City is the worst thing ever created.
They may have empty lives but at least they spell better than you.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 21st 2018, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond repute

This is the same in every part of the country, not just NYC. American life is about proving how rich, successful ad beautiful you are. People are in therapy here because they are sold lies from the moment they are born about how great they are and will be. When they realize that actually they are not going to be the greatest living human being ('second place first loser') because their education has ill-prepared them for real life (hey, turns out that copying the answers from a board into a book isn't actually all that conducive to working life after all) and actually the system perpetuates the status quo, they become disillusioned and upset and seek answers.

Also, it's 2018 and many women in this county are unable to take control of their own reproductive organs. In many parts of the country there is still a stigma of being an unmarried mother and also even to having a sexual relationship before marriage: those purity rings and father-daughter balls aren't made up. Those who want to have families know that, if they are in low income jobs for example, they are not going to get maternity leave and don't have health insurance and so are going to be income-less for a good chunk of time. I can see why women who do want families are desperate to get married because how else are you going to survive?

And why do American men never seem to grow up? Because they are infantized - often by women - and play to this self fulfilling prophecy. Gah. Apologies for the rant but nothing I said is not true.
Nah, the men are fine. America is a matriarchy, it's the women who don't grow up. They're on a pedestal. The men don't know how to approach an unapproachable woman...Impossible to deal with, therefore the "me too movement".
Old Aug 21st 2018, 3:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeepster
Nah, the men are fine. America is a matriarchy, it's the women who don't grow up. They're on a pedestal. The men don't know how to approach an unapproachable woman...Impossible to deal with, therefore the "me too movement".
I want to guess there could be two reasons you would say that

One, you have been hurt badly by someone and you or two, you have issues with women who stand up for themselves and expect equality that is deserved.

Yet again someone making generalizations...
Old Aug 21st 2018, 3:36 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Er - so men don't know how to approach a woman, they find that impossible to deal with, so they sexually assault her and the me too movement is a result? You've given both genders a good bashing there - men can't control themselves and if a woman is assaulted it's her fault because she's unapproachable. I'll be glad to be corrected if that's not what you meant!
Old Aug 21st 2018, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

jeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond reputejeepster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I want to guess there could be two reasons you would say that

One, you have been hurt badly by someone and you or two, you have issues with women who stand up for themselves and expect equality that is deserved.

Yet again someone making generalizations...
I'm not speaking about women outside the US. My point is that American women do not stand up for themselves that's why you have the "me too movement". They're taking their sex lives to the public square instead of dealing directly with the men in their lives.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 5:21 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not speaking about women outside the US. My point is that American women do not stand up for themselves that's why you have the "me too movement". They're taking their sex lives to the public square instead of dealing directly with the men in their lives.
Being sexually assaulted is a woman's 'sex life'???
Old Aug 21st 2018, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Er - so men don't know how to approach a woman, they find that impossible to deal with, so they sexually assault her and the me too movement is a result? You've given both genders a good bashing there - men can't control themselves and if a woman is assaulted it's her fault because she's unapproachable. I'll be glad to be corrected if that's not what you meant!
I'm not talking about sexual assault. Who said that? And why is it okay to criticize men?
Old Aug 21st 2018, 9:27 am
Concierge

I'm not talking about sexual assault. Who said that? And why is it okay to criticize men?
It's not. So stop doing it - to men and women. Now stop talking to me, I'm on my pedestal and unapproachable

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.