List what you MISS

Old Mar 11th 2007, 10:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: List what you MISS

I miss EVERYTHING and I always will.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:00 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I miss EVERYTHING and I always will.
I am a bit behind the times down here in dullsville so I am sure it happened yonks ago JG but congrats on becoming a Mod.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

As much as I really really really love NZ, I do miss the food from the UK...sage & onion stuffing mix...uncle bens chilli sauce... and cream cakes... real chips from the chippy and I miss TV...I know sounds like I'm a TV slob...I am trying to change to fit into the NZ we don't eat rubbish except KFC mentality but being able to buy a raspberry pavlova all ready made was great...here I have to buy the pavlova and do it myself...aaarrrrg! Grumble over...they do have a rather nice choccy and cream lammington bar...mmmm may just have to pop down the shops now!
Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:52 pm
After 10 years of trying

nohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nicenohinsara is just really nice

Such wonderful responses! I'm getting misty as we speak. Looking forward to more.

This one stikes a chord in my heart -
Originally Posted by Jan3kids

The sound of loose English coins.
What would I give to hear it again
Old Mar 12th 2007, 12:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I am a bit behind the times down here in dullsville so I am sure it happened yonks ago JG but congrats on becoming a Mod.
Why thank you.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family
DOONA!!! It's called a continental quilt love!!!!

You must be a bit of an Ozzie now!

JO
NO NO!!!! It's a Duvet girl - DUVET!!!
Old Mar 12th 2007, 12:21 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

what i miss:

the varying in weather, i feel that its groundhog day here- same old same old

spring, i love spring, the flowers, mild weather, expectations, cleaning house....

being able to walk my dog ANYWHERE and take him anywhere, not qorrying about cane toads, snakes and spiders, ticks killing him

the lovely shops! next childrens clothing, knowing where to go for decent clothes and presents

supermarkets, choice, offers!! lovely food

bacon!

nice ham, that I like

prawn cocktail crisps

decent internet speed

chocolate

my old job!!!

gardening without frying myself

oh i could go on and on and on........................... roll on end of july
Old Mar 12th 2007, 3:10 am

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira
OMG, and you're such a long way from home!!

How often do you manage to go back?
First time I went home was after 22 years. Second time 10 years later. Loved every single waking moment that I was there both times. I'm going again later this year for a month and can't wait.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything but the rain really
My 8 year old son misses prawn cocktail crisps or pink crisps as we used to call them and J20 drinks.

No seriously Pollyanna summed it up really in her short but sweet way. MY LIFE.

Oh yes and having a proper belly laugh with my friends.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 9:07 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

A reverse answer. I miss the American way of refilling prescriptions, phone up the pharmacy, punch in some numbers and it's ready in 4 hours, earlier if it's urgent.
I've just been down to my doctors surgery to refill mine, in person of course.
I asked Mrs Grumpy receptionist if it would be possible to have it earlier than the usual 3 days. She glares at me and says it may, but it will go on my 'record'. I told her it was for my memory loss tablets (it's not), that shut her up

Rant over.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 9:26 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
A reverse answer. I miss the American way of refilling prescriptions, phone up the pharmacy, punch in some numbers and it's ready in 4 hours, earlier if it's urgent.
I asked Mrs Grumpy receptionist if it would be possible to have it earlier than the usual 3 days. She glares at me and says it may, but it will go on my 'record'. I told her it was for my memory loss tablets (it's not), that shut her up

Rant over.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 11:23 am
Still In Perth

starlet is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: List what you MISS

i miss heaps of stuff!;
  • main - family!
  • friends- i still keep in touch
  • prawn cocktail crisps
  • going out then coming home to a warm house
  • everything close, here i have to drive everywhere
  • taking dog out for a proper walk (not a quick 5 min walked before he gets too hot)
  • all the decent food
  • snow! i loved it!!!

and more but i wont go on.

i cant belive how many things i took for granted!
Old Mar 12th 2007, 3:37 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown

Rant over.
Some things do work well over here. Our bank over here is much more helpful and efficient than the one in the UK. We still have to deal with the UK one and they are useless and unwilling to be helpful in any way.

However good banking will never make up for the loss of Walkers crisps.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 3:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by jumping doris
Some things do work well over here. Our bank over here is much more helpful and efficient than the one in the UK. We still have to deal with the UK one and they are useless and unwilling to be helpful in any way.

However good banking will never make up for the loss of Walkers crisps.
Exactly the opposite for me...give me Nat West any day of the week.
Old Mar 12th 2007, 3:46 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Exactly the opposite for me...give me Nat West any day of the week.
We are with RBS and have been for 30 plus years and it is only the last 3 or 4 that they have been useless. Didn't matter so much when we lived there and just had ordinary banking needs but at a distance they make me weep. I had a business account with HSBC and they were really good. Here we are with citizens and nothing is ever too much trouble for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.