British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Life on Mars (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/life-mars-390012/)

Bob Aug 15th 2006 4:45 am

Re: Life on Mars

Well didn't anyone think that they cut the ribbons out of lastnights episode?

Whole bunch of amusing references were snipped, shame really, some of the best lines *l*

britvic Aug 15th 2006 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Bob
Well didn't anyone think that they cut the ribbons out of lastnights episode?

Whole bunch of amusing references were snipped, shame really, some of the best lines *l*

Cant have it all can we :rolleyes: they did show some Tit's.

Bob Aug 15th 2006 5:11 am

Originally Posted by britvic
Cant have it all can we :rolleyes: they did show some Tit's.

aye, that they did *lol*

Tbag Aug 15th 2006 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Bob
aye, that they did *lol*

Funny how they will not cut out things like "Sucking him off" and showing a pair of baps and then other random stuff too. I wander who does the censoring cause the British slang that can be so cheeky gets by. I suppose it must be censored by Americans then in that case :confused:

I enjoyed it all the same tho :cool:

ladyofthelake Aug 15th 2006 10:01 am

It was originally a beeb show wasn't it?? I don't think it's censoring stuff out so much as trying to make space for the flipping ads. :rolleyes:

Lynne Aug 15th 2006 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Anyone watching this on BBCA right now? Its the best thing I've seen in ages (wish I could go back to '73)!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/lifeonmars/

It really is the best thing on the telly right now. I loved it when he said "where's the PC" and the guy said "you want a constable up here" and then he asked the operator for a Virgin number and she threatened to report him.

Hayley Aug 16th 2006 5:11 am

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Yeah, we're watching it too - pretty good. Who's the guy that plays the modern day detective ? He reminds me of someone, but all I can think of is that wimpy pratt from coronation street who used to be married to the lass with the big nose (I'm not very good on names!)and I know its not him. So who is it and whats he been in?

Next I want to see re-runs of The Sweeney!

Jon simm- think he's quite tasty (if a man U fan) He was in a great drama called the lakes which I can't find anywhere and one of my fave movies human traffic which captures the rave scene of my heady youth a treat.

Embarrassing now of course! (thinking Pulp's E's and whizz) Was something to do. :D

Partystar Aug 21st 2006 9:42 am

Watched the first 4 episodes last night (stayed up until 2am, as I couldn't stop watching it!), absolutely superb. Excellent writing & direction.

A*

TruBrit Aug 21st 2006 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Partystar
Watched the first 4 episodes last night (stayed up until 2am, as I couldn't stop watching it!), absolutely superb. Excellent writing & direction.

A*

i was so :mad: last night...all ready at 9pm to watch it and it wasn't on not here anyway...must have been 9pm but not central time...i was so disappointed and nobody else to blame but me :(

Chorlton Aug 21st 2006 10:15 am

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i was so :mad: last night...all ready at 9pm to watch it and it wasn't on not here anyway...must have been 9pm but not central time...i was so disappointed and nobody else to blame but me :(

Didnt even know it was shown on sundays...its definitely on tonight at 9pm :)

TruBrit Aug 21st 2006 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Didnt even know it was shown on sundays...its definitely on tonight at 9pm :)

nope it's not usually but it was an omnibus last night showing the first few episodes which i had not seen....so tonight i'll be ready :rolleyes:

Partystar Aug 21st 2006 10:36 am

nope it's not usually but it was an omnibus last night showing the first few episodes which i had not seen....so tonight i'll be ready :rolleyes:

They were on here starting at 11am, 4 episodes played back to back, then the last episode was played again some hours later.

TruBrit Aug 21st 2006 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Partystar
They were on here starting at 11am, 4 episodes played back to back, then the last episode was played again some hours later.

never mind watching the tv.... have you got that suitcase open yet :p

Partystar Aug 21st 2006 11:13 am

never mind watching the tv.... have you got that suitcase open yet :p

Nope, I like to leave everything to the last minute, it's more fun that way! Plus I'm only taking stuff that I need, so I need it now & I don't fancy living out of a suitcase in my own home! :D I am a list person though, I make lists for everything, as long as I have a list, it will only take me a little while to pack! :cool:

Thydney Aug 21st 2006 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by peterbainham
I was in an elevator in JFK airport once with Michael Barrymore. He was remarkably tall and I felt like saying 'awight' .

lucky you weren't by the pool.