British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Life on Mars (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/life-mars-390012/)

Bob Aug 12th 2006 12:59 am

Re: Life on Mars

I liked the whole Bolan scene in the pub and he tells him to mind his mini :D

but this weeks episode, if they don't cut it down is hilarious :)

Sophia_S Aug 12th 2006 3:45 am

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Oh thanks I missed the first one and there's some things I'm not sure about.

Watched Eddie Izzard this week,he does make me laugh. Middle child said Mum what are you watching?!!!

I caught that as well!,he's SO funny,but hubby and son haven't a clue what he's talking about!,while I'm LMAO!!!!!!!!!....Sophia

Chorlton Aug 12th 2006 1:32 pm

Well I'm glad you're all enjoying it :)
I still expect to see UK adverts when I'm watching UK shows - wierd, huh?!

Tbag Aug 13th 2006 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Well I'm glad you're all enjoying it :)
I still expect to see UK adverts when I'm watching UK shows - wierd, huh?!

Me too. When we first got BBC America I was expecting that, and actually no commercials at all

wish they would stop running cash in the attic all the bloody time. All the better stuff seems to be on late night or on "the underground" and I'm usually falling :zzz: by then :rolleyes: Hubby says that most yanks don't get the wacked humor & thinks thats why they run the more current stuff late night.

Partystar Aug 13th 2006 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Tbag
Me too. When we first got BBC America I was expecting that, and actually no commercials at all

wish they would stop running cash in the attic all the bloody time. All the better stuff seems to be on late night or on "the underground" and I'm usually falling :zzz: by then :rolleyes: Hubby says that most yanks don't get the wacked humor & thinks thats why they run the more current stuff late night.

Some advice for you - Get a DVR or 2!!! Sad, but true, it has made my life much happier. It records shows all times of the night & then I get to watch them while my son is napping, excellent! Today we will be watching 'Location, location, location', which is normally on at 4am. It's how I get my Brit Fix, because I barely get to watch TV, so when I do, I have all these wonderful shows waiting on my DVR for me!!! :D

TRPardoe Aug 13th 2006 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Yeah, we're watching it too - pretty good. Who's the guy that plays the modern day detective ? He reminds me of someone, but all I can think of is that wimpy pratt from coronation street who used to be married to the lass with the big nose (I'm not very good on names!)and I know its not him. So who is it and whats he been in?

Next I want to see re-runs of The Sweeney!

I was in an elevator in a Liverpool Hotel once with John Thawe. He was remarkably short, which has nothing to do with this thread.

Yorkieabroad Aug 13th 2006 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
I was in an elevator in a Liverpool Hotel once with John Thawe. He was remarkably short, which has nothing to do with this thread.

I was in an elevator in Houston with a fella who claimed to be one of the coaches for the Houston Texans. He asked if he could buy my shirt :confused: He was remarkably fat - claimed it was for his girlfriend.....

Jerseygirl Aug 13th 2006 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Partystar
Some advice for you - Get a DVR or 2!!! Sad, but true, it has made my life much happier. It records shows all times of the night & then I get to watch them while my son is napping, excellent! Today we will be watching 'Location, location, location', which is normally on at 4am. It's how I get my Brit Fix, because I barely get to watch TV, so when I do, I have all these wonderful shows waiting on my DVR for me!!! :D

Haha...I enjoy Cash in the Attic...sad isn't it. 'Now what to you think the Smith's will get for this Jontey?' Priceless.

Jerseygirl Aug 13th 2006 2:11 pm

I'm addicted to this great new show not to mention the great Ballroom Blitz tune by sweet, what a flashback! It reminds me of a mix between the "Professionals" and the "Sweeney" with the comedy time warp twists thrown in. :cool:

August 20th BBC is doing a marathon of the first 4 episodes for anyone that has not seen it yet :)

did anyone see Eddie Izzards "Glorious" show that followed Life on Mars this week?

Eek :eek: It only held our attention for about 3 minutes....oh well after reading all the fab reviews I'll set the DVR for next Sunday and give it another go.

peterbainham Aug 13th 2006 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by TRPardoe

I was in an elevator in JFK airport once with Michael Barrymore. He was remarkably tall and I felt like saying 'awight' but then I thought better of it because he probably gets that all the time. This also has nothing to with this thread.

Sally Aug 13th 2006 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Haha...I enjoy Cash in the Attic...sad isn't it. 'Now what to you think the Smith's will get for this Jontey?' Priceless.

LOL. You're living every minute of whether they'll get £30 or £35.

Good to see you back in action JG. Are you typing with your toes?

Tbag Aug 14th 2006 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Partystar

Tried to send Karma but was denied :( Anyway we decided to invest in one yesterday so now I can watch all the good stuff whenever I like Hooray! :D Brilliant justification for a purchase thank you kindly Partystar :)

britvic Aug 14th 2006 1:04 am

Tried to send Karma but was denied :( Anyway we decided to invest in one yesterday so now I can watch all the good stuff whenever I like Hooray! :D Brilliant justification for a purchase thank you kindly Partystar :)

And no bloody adverts :)

DebraH Aug 14th 2006 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Anyone watching this on BBCA right now? Its the best thing I've seen in ages (wish I could go back to '73)!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/lifeonmars/

it was a great series - my 11 year old found it very amusing; you can buy it on dvd from:

http://www.bbcshop.com/invt/ctd10365&bklist=<venda_bklist1>

there is supposed to be a new series coming out next year. (blast I'll miss it as I'll be in oz)

sorry just popping on this forum for a visit :D

Chorlton Aug 14th 2006 1:14 am

Originally Posted by peterbainham
I was in an elevator in JFK airport once with Michael Barrymore. He was remarkably tall and I felt like saying 'awight' but then I thought better of it because he probably gets that all the time. This also has nothing to with this thread.

LOL, you reminded me of the Father Ted episode with the "i don't believe it!" catchphrase :D