Life on Mars

Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:26 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life on Mars

Anyone watching this on BBCA right now? Its the best thing I've seen in ages (wish I could go back to '73)!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/lifeonmars/
Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:29 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life on Mars

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Anyone watching this on BBCA right now? Its the best thing I've seen in ages (wish I could go back to '73)!
Missed the first one but I've tivo'd the rest.Watched 2 so far pretty good.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Love it, like you say, it's the best thing I've seen for ages
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:04 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, we're watching it too - pretty good. Who's the guy that plays the modern day detective ? He reminds me of someone, but all I can think of is that wimpy pratt from coronation street who used to be married to the lass with the big nose (I'm not very good on names!)and I know its not him. So who is it and whats he been in?

Next I want to see re-runs of The Sweeney!
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad

Next I want to see re-runs of The Sweeney!
Thats just what it's like, but Sam being trapped in time has made the show have a good twist to it, with a few funny moments when he talks about forensics
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:38 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

and the test card girl Just like the Shining twins
"Come and play with us, forever and ever and EVER" :scared:
Old Aug 11th 2006, 4:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

It's great, I caught if off of Nova when it was shown over in blighty...don't know how much of the rudestuff makes it in the US version, but I couldn't be bothered with the adverts...cracking stuff though ain't it
Old Aug 11th 2006, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute

I liked it, now i have about 5 people here at work watching it as well. They all thought it was hilarious that tv used to 'shut down' at night and all we would have to watch was that sinister girl with the clown and the blackboard!
Old Aug 11th 2006, 4:52 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bettyboop80
I liked it, now i have about 5 people here at work watching it as well. They all thought it was hilarious that tv used to 'shut down' at night and all we would have to watch was that sinister girl with the clown and the blackboard!
I can still picture that image in my head, she was wearing a head band, right?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bettyboop80
They all thought it was hilarious that tv used to 'shut down' at night and all we would have to watch was that sinister girl with the clown and the blackboard!
Only when I was not on this planet good times.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond reputebettyboop80 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I can still picture that image in my head, she was wearing a head band, right?
yes! (And she wasnt really sinister, she just is to me now since she climbed out of the tv in that episode!)
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

We love it.

It brings back loads of memories of growing up in the Manchester area during the 70's.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond reputeTbag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
I'm addicted to this great new show not to mention the great Ballroom Blitz tune by sweet, what a flashback! It reminds me of a mix between the "Professionals" and the "Sweeney" with the comedy time warp twists thrown in.

August 20th BBC is doing a marathon of the first 4 episodes for anyone that has not seen it yet

did anyone see Eddie Izzards "Glorious" show that followed Life on Mars this week?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:16 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, great show, a good twist to the old detective type show. My daughter didn't get what we were laughing at when he tried to order a diet Pepsi in the pub. "What's so funny about that??" LMAO
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Yeah, great show, a good twist to the old detective type show. My daughter didn't get what we were laughing at when he tried to order a diet Pepsi in the pub. "What's so funny about that??" LMAO
That bit was funny, he looked so Gay to the rest of them, how times have changed. Oh I forgot they was not even called Gay's them days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.