Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Jan 17th 2019, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

DexterBerkeley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Unfortunately the new Supra won't have a manual option, so I presume that the new Z4 won't either.
Not over here, there is a 4-cylinder that will be available in Europe that has a manual but we're not getting in.

I like having a auto in my daily, but manual in my weekend car. I know I'm slower round the track because of it, but I'm not after lap time, I'm after grins per lap .
Old Jan 18th 2019, 2:17 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
And for just how long will the Raptor hang onto it's paddle shifters??

https://amp.freep.com/amp/2595515002
I can't imagine too many people would want to off road in an electric truck, it's one thing if you run out of gas but if you run out of electricity you'd be pretty much screwed.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 11:03 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

This is road we were always going to go down. The RAM eTorque system is already in vehicles and it'll only go from there.

t's one thing if you run out of gas but if you run out of electricity you'd be pretty much screwed.
​​​​​​​When you're in the middle of no-where, I don't see it's much different
Old Jan 18th 2019, 1:23 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

New season of Grand Tour has started. I've not watched it yet, will have to wait for sometime this weekend. Something to do for the next few weeks at least.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99
I've had 2 CVT vehicles. The first was the original rubber-belt drive in a Daf 33 variomatic in 1980. My first car. It went remarkably well for a 750cc engine. Mainly because it was so light. It was basically a tin can on wheels. I traded it after a few months when one of the belts broke while doing 80 on the M6.
That takes me back, my first car (when I was 9) was a Daf 44 Variomatic that dad got me to drive around the farm!

Originally Posted by civilservant
This is road we were always going to go down. The RAM eTorque system is already in vehicles and it'll only go from there.

To be fair the Ram eTorque system is more just a large alternator. It assists with stop/start and provides a bit of torque low down the revs. It's not really comparable to the full on hybrids or electric vehicles.

The Ram is still using the same basic 5.7 Hemi they launched in 2003, they seem more concerned with making their trucks more and more fancy (foot bars that fold in and out, interiors with lots of gadgets etc) than getting with the times and making more fuel efficient ones. You can still only get a V6 or V8 and the V6 is no more economical. Ford are well down the road of development with their ecoboost range now and as much as I love the RAM, if I buy a truck it would be an F150 Ecoboost.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 5:45 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Well it's one thing calling someone to bring you gas, but can you call someone to bring you electricity? They'd need to have hot swap batteries before that becomes practical.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Well it's one thing calling someone to bring you gas, but can you call someone to bring you electricity? They'd need to have hot swap batteries before that becomes practical.
They are going to do some sort of F150 variant, FLT and drop the back up pack in the bed and plug in?

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Jan 18th 2019 at 7:42 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Mazda 3
27,000 miles since new.
Was hosing down the wheels and I noticed a small but noticeable bulge on the side of one of the front Bridgestone tires.
I assume I'll have to replace?
Should I do two at the same time?

And if so, new ones on front or back?

Last edited by Hotscot; Jan 18th 2019 at 9:36 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

I get mine checked and done at Costco, I would take it in and have them look at it, FWD I assume they would replace both, unequal wear issues.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I'd noticed when I was at Costco earlier but now American Tire is closer and they've always been good.
Old Jan 18th 2019, 11:06 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Mazda 3
27,000 miles since new.
Was hosing down the wheels and I noticed a small but noticeable bulge on the side of one of the front Bridgestone tires.
I assume I'll have to replace?
Should I do two at the same time?
And if so, new ones on front or back?
At 27,000 mi I'd replace both, and if a front wheel drive put the new ones on front.

Old Jan 19th 2019, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I got both done. Continentals rated for 80,000 miles. (We'll see)
They put the new ones on the back and gave me several technical reasons why they do that.
Old Jan 19th 2019, 12:33 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
They put the new ones on the back and gave me several technical reasons why they do that.
Well I'll be darned, learn something new every day.
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tiretec....jsp?techid=52
Old Jan 19th 2019, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got opinions on the Ingenium diesel engines offered on Land Rover models?

Good ? Bad ? Fuel economy?
Old Jan 19th 2019, 2:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
Well I'll be darned, learn something new every day.
https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tiretec....jsp?techid=52
#MeToo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.