Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Jan 17th 2016, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by dc koop
But proving very popular judging by the number I see on the road
It is popular, no doubt.
Old Jan 17th 2016, 11:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

But proving very popular judging by the number I see on the road
Camaro? Pah! Car & Driver has just declared the Mustang a better car than the Corvette.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 12:45 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Consumer Reports new car ratings and reviews places the 2015 Camaro in the recommended category. The used car verdicts give it a top score. Owner satisfaction score is also tops

2015 Ford Mustang doesn't get a recommended score yet being new and used car verdict has been lousy for the past 3 years.

Consumer Reports is my bible for car and truck reliability. I would trust their verdicts more than other motoring magazines since C.R does not get revenue from advertising

Looking at the new Mustang I find it's appearance quite unremarkable

Anyway I've passed the stage of mid life crisis and I wouldn't trade in my new 2015 Honda Accord for either of them
Old Jan 18th 2016, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Awesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond repute

Some interesting (and maybe strange) opinions on Camaro vs Mustang.

I think the S550 Mustang has lost a lot of it's identity, due to it's familial styling. Essentially, it looks like a 2 door Taurus or Fusion. It's IRS has added weight and not a huge amount of handling/performance advantage. It's still a very nice package, with a marvelous free revving engine, but I think it has definitely lost it's advantage with the introduction of the 2016 Camaro SS

The Chevy has more horsepower, a lot more torque, is nearly a second faster 0-60, runs a faster quarter mile and has a lot more lateral grip. It even has better fuel economy.

It is now on Cadillac's Alpha platform (same as ATS-V) with electro-magnetic shocks and has a Vette LS motor. It has shed a lot of weight and is now lighter than Mustang GT.

I really liked my 2012 GT and have spent a lot of time driving an S550, but the new Camaro is a better car in all of the important areas.

Of course, the 392ci Challenger Scat Pack is better then either of them in terms of balls-out, tire shredding performance, interior space and standard equipment, in addition to classic muscle styling. However, like everyone else, I'm slightly biased.

Stating that a Mustang is a better car than a C7 Corvette is hilarious.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 1:08 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Consumer Reports new car ratings .....
I don't pay any attention to Consumer Reports reviews of laundry appliances, adjustable beds, or toothbrushes. Why on earth would I care what Consumer Reports says about cars?
Old Jan 18th 2016, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the new Mustang, but I admit the new one has lost a bit of its "American" look. It's definitely a car for the world market.'pretty much all the reviews I've read have the Mustang, Challenger, Camaro in that order. From my experiences, I'd be inclined to agree.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by markonline1
I like the new Mustang, but I admit the new one has lost a bit of its "American" look. It's definitely a car for the world market.'pretty much all the reviews I've read have the Mustang, Challenger, Camaro in that order. From my experiences, I'd be inclined to agree.
The last Mustang looked strangely bland, especially the bonnet, and it looked a bit bloated (over-sized) to boot. I never really liked the look of it. Then they added "Charger haunches" and it looked daft. The new one looks much better IMO, sort of lean and sinewy.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 18th 2016 at 1:37 am.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The last Mustang looked strangely bland, especially the bonnet, and it looked a bit bloated (over-sized) to boot. I never really liked the look of it. Then they added "Charger haunches" and it looked daft. The new one looks much better IMO, sort of lean and sinewy.
I think I would have to disagree. The S197 to me is a great looking car. That roofline is one of the sexiest shapes in the automotive world. I just love it.'the later models solved the one thing I don't like about mine, and that's the rear. I like how the later models are a little more sculpted at the rear, rather than being all body like mine. The haunches, although being a little more pronounced, echo the shape of the original, so again, I have to say I like them. It does look a little oversized, but then again, I like that. It's American. I remember the first time my mum's other half got in mine and said he'd never been in such a large car with so little room inside LOL.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by markonline1
..... I remember the first time my mum's other half got in mine and said he'd never been in such a large car with so little room inside. .....
I guess he'd never been in a 1980's Nissan Patrol.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 2:29 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I don't pay any attention to Consumer Reports reviews of laundry appliances, adjustable beds, or toothbrushes. Why on earth would I care what Consumer Reports says about cars?
Simple answer to that. Because C.R gets it's data from thousands of car owners. The best source of acquiring information. Or don't car owners know enough to form an opinion on the particular vehicle they drive?

It's not the dudes who write in Car and Driver who own a vehicle over x number of years and see the problems that develop in that vehicle or don't develop whatever the case is.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond reputerbackhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Camaro? Pah! Car & Driver has just declared the Mustang a better car than the Corvette.
I'm still laughing over that article. Pure fiction :-)
Old Jan 18th 2016, 1:58 pm

This isn't a good start to the new Top Gear.

I also see that the executive producer of the new Top Gear, has resigned, .... twice!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 18th 2016 at 2:01 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2016, 2:16 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't a good start to the new Top Gear.

I also see that the executive producer of the new Top Gear, has resigned, .... twice!
Seems like a lot of the problems are stemming from the fact that they are trying to take over where the old version left off. That's a mistake. If they're going to do Top Gear with new hosts, they should do their own version. It might be an OK car show in its own right but I still don't think I can stomach Chris Evans for long enough to find out.

Anyway, I watched Top Gear 2002-15 for entertainment and for the chemistry between the presenters more than I did for the cars.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

So fellow car types

Looking at getting a new car, very keen on the 2015/16 Mazda 3, nice to drive, was my 1st choice

Nissan Altima also very nice

Toyota Corolla also very nice

Now Nissan have 0% finance, which is like Clare Grogan smeared in chocolate, holding a bacon butty, and my mind is now corrupted

I need clarity here, anyone have the cars mentioned and your thoughts on them

Last edited by dj6372; Jan 19th 2016 at 11:04 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2016, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

2016 Camaro. Looks pretty nice. In the grey colour , has a certain batman theme to it.
http://www.netcarshow.com/Chevrolet-...-wallpaper.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.