Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Let's talk about cars

Let's talk about cars

Old Jul 24th 2015, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's talk about cars

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Nice, but how much?Attachment 122180
The owner is delusional .
Old Jul 24th 2015, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Holy ****! I wondered what the hell you lot were going on about. I thought it was £19k. I've just realized it's £119k LOL.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 3:58 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markonline1
Holy ****! I wondered what the hell you lot were going on about. I thought it was £19k. I've just realized it's £119k LOL.
Maybe that's the mileage.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

So Pulaski, ignore this post.......

Just had another blast in a Model S Tesla. Closed ramp, no aircraft, holy mother of god, the acceleration on this thing is unbelievable. Instant torque, no lag, pushed back into the seat, amazing. I'm actually starting to think I could actually live without the engine noise. I'm not sure I'd get much more than 100 miles out of a charge though LOL.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I wonder how many still exist? They only made 500, so I doubt it is more than a few dozen. Still, the price does seem a bit steep.
It does have a radio, though!

What an ugly car!
Old Jul 25th 2015, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrari for dinner!

Went to one of my favorite Italian joints in Scottsdale for dinner the other night, this was the scene outside ... thought I'd wandered into a Ferrari dealership! Apparently there is a Ferrari club and they meet here once in a while. This is Pomo restaurant, on Scottsdale Rd just south of Shea (at Doubletree).
Attached Thumbnails Let's talk about cars-20150722_192950-crop-sml1200.jpg   Let's talk about cars-20150722_192858-sml1200.jpg  
Old Jul 25th 2015, 1:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Ferrari for dinner!

Went to one of my favorite Italian joints in Scottsdale for dinner the other night, this was the scene outside ... thought I'd wandered into a Ferrari dealership! Apparently there is a Ferrari club and they meet here once in a while. This is Pomo restaurant, on Scottsdale Rd just south of Shea (at Doubletree).
Very nice!

When I saw that you were the latest to have posted to this thread, after I noted Mark's last post last night, I mistakenly assumed that you had chimed-in in praise of the cousins of milk floats and forklifts. Thank you for bringing the thread squarely back on topic.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Ferrari for dinner!

I haven't been to pomo since they moved. Are they still as good?

I'm glad you confirmed the club meeting. There are some places in scottsdale that allegedly leased fancy cars to park outside during their opening weeks. Of course the 30,000 dollar bro millionaires in scottsdale lap that up.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

When I saw that you were the latest to have posted to this thread, after I noted Mark's last post last night, I mistakenly assumed that you had chimed-in in praise of the cousins of milk floats and forklifts.
I shall redeem myself in a couple of weeks. We are starting to gear up for the Gordon McCall party that's held every year here during concours week. Looking at the pictures from last year, my god, there is gorgeous machines that are gonna be on show!
Old Jul 26th 2015, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
I haven't been to pomo since they moved. Are they still as good?

I'm glad you confirmed the club meeting. There are some places in scottsdale that allegedly leased fancy cars to park outside during their opening weeks. Of course the 30,000 dollar bro millionaires in scottsdale lap that up.
It's definitely still good, though it's never been my favorite. This location is much bigger than the one that used to be behind Blanco Taco. It's too large for my liking, but it does have one of those cool 'indoor/outdoor' bars (the bar spans inside and outside, so you can sit at different sides of the bar and enjoy the climate variations!) The view of the mountains from the bar where we sat was rather nice. There's also a more casual room off to the side, with its own 'bar' (not an alcohol bar) where I've sat and had dinner.

I can't say it was a club event for sure, that's just what my buddy said - but he's a regular. I doubt they'd spend money on stacking the parking lot, though - this place was full at 7:30pm in mid-July on a Tuesday ... not exactly peak season! One license plate was from Montana, and another one (at least) was out of state.

I've been going to 'Sauce' again recently - I like their thin crust better, and my g/f loves several of their salads.
Old Jul 26th 2015, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Very nice!

When I saw that you were the latest to have posted to this thread, after I noted Mark's last post last night, I mistakenly assumed that you had chimed-in in praise of the cousins of milk floats and forklifts. Thank you for bringing the thread squarely back on topic.
I watch the milk-float development with interest, and will buy one myself when they get to a certain point of maturity. I personally really like the idea of the 'backup generator in the trunk' variety - those that are 100% electric DRIVE, but with a gasoline motor on board to provide electricity should the battery run down. I do way too many long, long drives to risk running on battery alone!
Old Jul 26th 2015, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's talk about cars-6237699.jpg

This maybe?
Old Jul 26th 2015, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dj6372
Attachment 122205

This maybe?
An Austin All-Aggro! Hopeless little moter
Old Jul 26th 2015, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Below 72 MGB is on craiglist in Illinois. No idea on price. I did talk to seller but inquired about another thing . If any of you are interested I'll pm the link.
Old Jul 27th 2015, 10:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What's this - a BMW that doesn't look FUGLY? Best BMW I've seen in 10+ years ...
Attached Thumbnails Let's talk about cars-20150727_134810_crop-sml1200.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.