LA Ink

Old Aug 27th 2010, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: LA Ink

Caroline...she's the only one with her head screwed on. I feel quite sorry for her sometimes with all the mayhem going on around her.
They're nearly all milking the show for all it's worth though, even Caroline's sons have blogs on Bravo's site.

I dip in and out of the DC one (my husband is not a fan of realityTV) and often catch myself wondering on what visa the British woman got there and how she can afford to live like she does.

It must be a Jersey thing because I really love Jerseylicious too although the Jersey Shore one with the "youngsters" doesn't do anything for me.
Old Aug 27th 2010, 7:58 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by traceym
Ok, it's a not a very good program but I'm addicted to it because I love to see the tattoo's they do. I want a new one and I want Cory to do it but at $500 per 30 minutes I think I'll be saving for a few years!

I've been looking at people with tattoo's and the American ones seem much nicer than UK ones.....

So who's got a tattoo and what have you got, was it done in the US or the UK and pictures please.
Had to drive across town this morning. It pays to recall the pithy advice given by either Bette Davis or Elizabeth Taylor: "Take Fountain."

[This is not "OT." But I have never watched the show either.]
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Had to drive across town this morning. It pays to recall the pithy advice given by either Bette Davis or Elizabeth Taylor: "Take Fountain."

[This is not "OT." But I have never watched the show either.]
Betty Davies in my humble opinion was the best actress in the world!
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hubcaps
I dip in and out of the DC one (my husband is not a fan of realityTV) and often catch myself wondering on what visa the British woman got there and how she can afford to live like she does.
She married a yank
Old Aug 27th 2010, 10:57 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hubcaps
...what visa the British woman got there and how she can afford to live like she does..
It pays to remember that there are a fair number of US born Englishmen and Englishwomen. I know of several who were born in the US while dad was in the US for a few years on either NATO or joint defense contracts.

[Although she is Australian -- look up Nicole Kidman. She was born in 1967 in Hawaii while her father was temporarily working there. That said, it seems that there is a strong opinion among many people in the US that such a person is not a US citizen. Go figure.]
Old Aug 28th 2010, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to watch a very different reality show, check out Swamp People on the history channel sunday nights. The show takes place in the southern swamps of Louisiana during Alligator hunting season. My wife was hiding her eyes at times during the show. Needless to say, the people are very colorful.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Englishtart
She married a yank
Originally Posted by S Folinsky
It pays to remember that there are a fair number of US born Englishmen and Englishwomen. I know of several who were born in the US while dad was in the US for a few years on either NATO or joint defense contracts.

[Although she is Australian -- look up Nicole Kidman. She was born in 1967 in Hawaii while her father was temporarily working there. That said, it seems that there is a strong opinion among many people in the US that such a person is not a US citizen. Go figure.]
The only reason I presumed she was British was that both her and her kids have British accents. If it wasn't for the kids I wouldn't have given it a second thought (plus they have mentioned it several times).
Old Aug 28th 2010, 5:53 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seahorse3
If you want to watch a very different reality show, check out Swamp People on the history channel sunday nights. The show takes place in the southern swamps of Louisiana during Alligator hunting season. My wife was hiding her eyes at times during the show. Needless to say, the people are very colorful.
Talking of Louisiana, anyone watch Billy the Exterminator? I have to admit to enjoying that one -- apart from one time when he was getting the remains of a dead cat out from under a building, had to do a quick channel flip there . . .
Old Aug 28th 2010, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Talking of Louisiana, anyone watch Billy the Exterminator? I have to admit to enjoying that one -- apart from one time when he was getting the remains of a dead cat out from under a building, had to do a quick channel flip there . . .
We watched it a couple of times, but it just seemed a little too 'staged' for a reality show. Hubby says they all are, but I must be able to just see past it in the others I watch
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute

i got a tatt in New Jersey (of all places) 2 years ago -

Its on my left thigh. it has personal meaning. my mother hates it, i love it, my man loves it, so its all good
Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

I have 1 tattoo already and know what my 2nd (and final one) will be.
I have what I suppose people call a 'tramp stamp' on my lower back. It is 3 stars with the initials of my OH and kids. I have had my name translated into Hebrew and I am going to get that done before Christmas. Most likely going to get that on my right wrist as it is pretty small. The first I got in the UK and I have had a place in Indianapolis recommended to me for my next one. I hate needles so I need to have someone come for moral support.
My younger brother has 12, at the last count. Our dad hates tattoos and does not know about any of my brothers. I called him up and told him about mine. That is one of the good things about living really far away from your parents!
Old Sep 5th 2010, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

DMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the roughDMDA is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SarahG
Our dad hates tattoos and does not know about any of my brothers. I called him up and told him about mine. That is one of the good things about living really far away from your parents!
I only have one so far and have to keep it well hidden from my Mum.

She freaked when she saw my naval piercing a couple of years ago and wanted to know "why I did that" to my body.

My response was she started me off by piercing my ears when I was barely even 6 months, but of course "that's different"