British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Kraft buys Cadburys! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/kraft-buys-cadburys-652867/)

Optimus Prime Feb 10th 2010 10:47 am

Re: Kraft/Cadbury's - The Rot Has Started

As if there aren't enough Pols over here already keeping wages low by working for next to **** all that the greedy bastards at Cadburys had to build a factory over there, probably to pay them even less and so they would have less far to go back to their hovels.

Kraft and Cadbury deserve each other if you ask me and as I dont eat chocolate much I couldnt really give a shit. Very little manufacturing left in the midlands and pretty soon they wont even be able to make a bar of ****ing chocolate.

I blame Blair. :sneaky:

another bloody yank Feb 10th 2010 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Scouse Express (Post 8329094)

Originally Posted by im9907620 (Post 8329331)
and far quicker than expected Jim.....almost hurricane-like. The chocolate has definitely started to melt :thumbdown:

What's Kraft got to do with this?:confused: It wasn't their idea.

"Kraft Foods said that after what it called "extensive talks" with senior management at Cadbury, it found that Cadbury's plans to close Somerdale were so far advanced that it would be "unrealistic" to reverse them. "

bevinva Feb 10th 2010 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 8329555)
What's Kraft got to do with this?:confused: It wasn't their idea.

"Kraft Foods said that after what it called "extensive talks" with senior management at Cadbury, it found that Cadbury's plans to close Somerdale were so far advanced that it would be "unrealistic" to reverse them. "

They had said a week ago they would not close the plant. Silly of them to say that if they knew closure could still be possible.

another bloody yank Feb 10th 2010 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by bevinva (Post 8329730)
They had said a week ago they would not close the plant. Silly of them to say that if they knew closure could still be possible.

Sounds like they didn't know it was a done deal until these "extensive talks".

WARPed Feb 10th 2010 12:47 pm

F%$*ing Disgrace! Cadbury may have had plans to close the place but Kraft heavily hinted (probably to sweeten the deal) in the days before it won the takeover that it would save the plant. Horribly unfair on all those who work at the plant to have their hopes raised and then dashed like this. It just isn't right!

I doubt their little made up story of saving the place helped their take over anyway. I'm sure most of the private British investors who owned shares wouldn't have said yes to the sale with any good conscience. The problem was the shares were mainly owned by banks and investment firms who only see the pound signs and not the moral right or wrong of a decision.

Human kind is selling its sole for money. Nothing else to it.

jaxslad Feb 10th 2010 3:50 pm

Yep seems like it was a done deal to close that plant at the start IMHO :(

1chumly Feb 11th 2010 8:45 am

Originally Posted by WARPed (Post 8329748)
F%$*ing Disgrace! Cadbury may have had plans to close the place but Kraft heavily hinted (probably to sweeten the deal) in the days before it won the takeover that it would save the plant. Horribly unfair on all those who work at the plant to have their hopes raised and then dashed like this. It just isn't right!

I doubt their little made up story of saving the place helped their take over anyway. I'm sure most of the private British investors who owned shares wouldn't have said yes to the sale with any good conscience. The problem was the shares were mainly owned by banks and investment firms who only see the pound signs and not the moral right or wrong of a decision.

What he said :thumbdown:

tonrob Feb 11th 2010 10:41 am

Originally Posted by WARPed (Post 8329748)

I once knew a fisherman who sold his sole for money.

Mallory Feb 11th 2010 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by tonrob (Post 8332684)

I heard about him. He sold his sole to Kraft, and they made fish paste out of it.:rofl:

Bob Feb 11th 2010 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by bevinva (Post 8329730)

sounds like they just didn't do enough research into it and did a typical mouth piece to get the buy to go ahead...

jaxslad Feb 11th 2010 4:41 pm

Sounds Fishy to me :lol:

WARPed Feb 11th 2010 5:40 pm

:o Anger clouded my spelling. :p

SOUL

Patrick Hasler Feb 12th 2010 1:40 am

Re: Kraft buys Cadburys!

Share price still falling :frown:

Sell to a big shitty company and it ruins great company's.
Down $1.50 just today :frown::frown::frown:

Buy it back Britain before the greatest chocolate company in the world is ruined by Kraft.

Patrick Hasler Feb 12th 2010 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime (Post 8329438)
As if there aren't enough Pols over here already keeping wages low by working for next to **** all that the greedy bastards at Cadburys had to build a factory over there, probably to pay them even less and so they would have less far to go back to their hovels.

Kraft and Cadbury deserve each other if you ask me and as I dont eat chocolate much I couldnt really give a shit. Very little manufacturing left in the midlands and pretty soon they wont even be able to make a bar of ****ing chocolate.

I blame Blair. :sneaky:

I blame you :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Scouse Express Feb 12th 2010 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler (Post 8334594)
I blame you :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Only the crunmbliest, flakiest chocolate.........comes from ****ing Poland!:thumbdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aUTdYsZda8

Jim.