Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

A kettle, a kettle, my kingdom for a kettle!

A kettle, a kettle, my kingdom for a kettle!

Old Aug 21st 2002, 3:52 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the enemy that is limescale

Originally posted by NC Penguin:

Your comments are most interesting. I lived in Ldn all my life prior to moving to the South.

During your 12 yrs in London, did you live in the same area all the time?

I was brought up in SW London and it was only when I moved "north of the river" that my skin condition became noticeably worse. I lived in Islington, Holloway, St. John's Wood (the worst for my skin of all the places in N Ldn) and South Hampstead.

Your comments about Japan are spot on. On a long visit to Japan, my skin cleared up immediately but then I know that the water is particularly soft in Japan, even in Tokyo.

I never drank the tap water in Ldn but then again, I don't drink the tap water anywhere, even in the US.
When I lived in London I always lived south of the River, as far east as Wandsworth (Merton Road/ nr King George's Park), as far North as Kew, and as far south west as Kingston (Penrhyn Rd, by the old Poly)

I'm glad to her that you can coroborate what I was told about the Japanese, and that london water probable does wreck their skin.

I didn't drink London tap water either, I always despised water snobs with their bottled water, but I soon took to buying all my drinking water when I moved to London.

Where in North Carolina are you now?

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 21st 2002 at 6:00 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2002, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: the enemy that is limescale

Pulaski,

That must make you a Fulham supporter !!
My neck of the woods was Richmond/Twickenham/Feltham
before world wander-lust struck.

Kettled (a local expression) = Boiling = angry.
So if you say I'm kettled, it means your angry.