Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The joys of UK passport photos

The joys of UK passport photos

Old Feb 14th 2024, 8:40 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default The joys of UK passport photos

So far I've had 6 photos rejected

First one there was a bit of shadow in the background which I missed

The second and third allegedly uneven lighting which I can't see

The forth my head was turned, indeed it was at most a degree from straight ahead

The fifth because my eyes were closed. They were very clearly wide open

The sixth because there was a glare on my eye glasses. Clearly there were no eye glasses to be seen anywhere in the picture.

At this point I gave up and sent the one with my eyes wide open. With an explanation that they were indeed open.
Old Feb 14th 2024, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The joys of UK passport photos

Was the explanation in Braille?
Old Feb 15th 2024, 12:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
So far I've had 6 photos rejected

First one there was a bit of shadow in the background which I missed

The second and third allegedly uneven lighting which I can't see

The forth my head was turned, indeed it was at most a degree from straight ahead

The fifth because my eyes were closed. They were very clearly wide open

The sixth because there was a glare on my eye glasses. Clearly there were no eye glasses to be seen anywhere in the picture.

At this point I gave up and sent the one with my eyes wide open. With an explanation that they were indeed open.
This sounds like someone filling a quota for a "required rejection target" and just using a tick sheet of potential reasons, whether accurate or not.
Old Feb 16th 2024, 12:02 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Was the explanation in Braille?
I was tempted to ask for the Braille sticker on the passport, but decided not to tempt fate. Will post the old passport back to the UK tomorrow and no doubt will find out in due course if the "poor" photo I sent online is indeed good enough.