Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I've won the Lottery

I've won the Lottery

Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:10 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I've won the Lottery

...at least that's what a letter we got in the post says. $125,000 apparantly as part of a Swipe and Go sweepstakes run by some North American commission and the Atlantic Lottery. Letter has a cheque in the amount of $3027 for "processing fees" attached. Whenever I cash and send 'em the $3027, they send me the $121,973 difference.

I guess I'll be calling my Attorney General in the morning

Anyone else received these? This one is from a company called Burgess Francis & Associates.....

To quote Marge Simpson - "How dare they prey on the stupid and greedy"
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:19 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I've won the Lottery

Swipe and Go, eh?

At least they're honest when it comes to naming their scam!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:21 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
...at least that's what a letter we got in the post says. $125,000 apparantly as part of a Swipe and Go sweepstakes run by some North American commission and the Atlantic Lottery. Letter has a cheque in the amount of $3027 for "processing fees" attached. Whenever I cash and send 'em the $3027, they send me the $121,973 difference.

Anyone else received these? This one is from a company called Burgess Francis & Associates.....

Write them and tell them to take it out of your 125 bag of sand

We bought our first ever lotto ticket yesterday. The wife had itchy palms and as i am certain I don't have a nob end infection we reckoned it was an omen. So, if we find ourselves with 82 million bucks later today the drinks are on us
Old Dec 4th 2007, 12:35 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
... So, if we find ourselves with 82 million bucks later today the drinks are on us
That's good of you SS... Will you fly me outta here to join ya'll for the piss up?

Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy

Tell them that you have a $5000 admin fee that they'll need to pay you in cash before you have any further dealings with them
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:37 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

So I call the AG's office down in Indy and speak to the Consumer Protection wifey......

Me: Hi - I received what I'm sure is a scam thru the mail and I wanted to know if I can relay any of the info to you guys?
Her: Regarding what?
Me: Well, it looks like a lottery winning deal where I've won $125 K and they issued a cheque to cover 'processing fees' that they want me to cash and send to 'em...
Her: It's a scam
Me: I know it's a scam - I just thought you'd want to know this company's name & address, etc?
Her: No - just shred it...

I thought they'd at least want to jot down this mob's details. Ach well. Last time I call the AG in a good long while.