British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   I've won the Lottery (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/ive-won-lottery-497786/)

HoosierDaddy Dec 4th 2007 4:10 am

I've won the Lottery

...at least that's what a letter we got in the post says. $125,000 apparantly as part of a Swipe and Go sweepstakes run by some North American commission and the Atlantic Lottery. Letter has a cheque in the amount of $3027 for "processing fees" attached. Whenever I cash and send 'em the $3027, they send me the $121,973 difference. :rofl:

I guess I'll be calling my Attorney General in the morning :thumbdown:

Anyone else received these? This one is from a company called Burgess Francis & Associates.....

To quote Marge Simpson - "How dare they prey on the stupid and greedy"

dbj1000 Dec 4th 2007 4:19 am

Re: I've won the Lottery

Swipe and Go, eh?

At least they're honest when it comes to naming their scam!

Silly Sod Dec 4th 2007 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy (Post 5630302)
...at least that's what a letter we got in the post says. $125,000 apparantly as part of a Swipe and Go sweepstakes run by some North American commission and the Atlantic Lottery. Letter has a cheque in the amount of $3027 for "processing fees" attached. Whenever I cash and send 'em the $3027, they send me the $121,973 difference. :rofl:

Anyone else received these? This one is from a company called Burgess Francis & Associates.....

Write them and tell them to take it out of your 125 bag of sand :)

We bought our first ever lotto ticket yesterday. The wife had itchy palms and as i am certain I don't have a nob end infection we reckoned it was an omen. So, if we find ourselves with 82 million bucks later today the drinks are on us :)

britex01 Dec 4th 2007 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Silly Sod (Post 5631529)
... So, if we find ourselves with 82 million bucks later today the drinks are on us :)

That's good of you SS... Will you fly me outta here to join ya'll for the piss up?

:D

Ozzidoc Dec 4th 2007 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy (Post 5630302)

Tell them that you have a $5000 admin fee that they'll need to pay you in cash before you have any further dealings with them :rofl:

HoosierDaddy Dec 5th 2007 12:37 am

So I call the AG's office down in Indy and speak to the Consumer Protection wifey......

Me: Hi - I received what I'm sure is a scam thru the mail and I wanted to know if I can relay any of the info to you guys?
Her: Regarding what?
Me: Well, it looks like a lottery winning deal where I've won $125 K and they issued a cheque to cover 'processing fees' that they want me to cash and send to 'em...
Her: It's a scam
Me: I know it's a scam - I just thought you'd want to know this company's name & address, etc?
Her: No - just shred it...

I thought they'd at least want to jot down this mob's details. Ach well. Last time I call the AG in a good long while.