Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Ive broken my toe!!!

Ive broken my toe!!!

Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ive broken my toe!!!

Originally Posted by mellybrown
I have just taped it to the other toes but it hurts and i cant walk!!! Might have to rethink that one!!

Im not a drunk...I just obv made the vodka and tonics a little too strong.....

I guess im not trying hard enough to get pregnant - im on a sabattical....
Good Advice ;.... place gauze pad between the toes then strap together,prevents or lessens pain and the rubbing
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

and my god does it hurt!! what makes it worse is that I have NO idea how I did it!! Got ever slightly drunk July 4th,,,,,,,woke up on sunday and couldnt walk very well, also covered in bruises from head to foot with complete amnesia!!!!

It hurtsssssssssss!!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear about your pain. If I woke up the next morning with bruises all over, amnesia and vomiting, I'd be worried about somebody slipping me some drugs (esp if I didn't think I drank that much). But anyways, that's just me being very paranoid.

Hmmm, isn't the cure for pain, just to drink yourself into a stupor again?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

and my god does it hurt!! what makes it worse is that I have NO idea how I did it!! Got ever slightly drunk July 4th,,,,,,,woke up on sunday and couldnt walk very well, also covered in bruises from head to foot with complete amnesia!!!!

It hurtsssssssssss!!!!!!!!
Good golly miss melly - be well soon......
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:58 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

I have just taped it to the other toes but it hurts and i cant walk!!! Might have to rethink that one!!
My wife broke her toe by inadvertently kicking a dresser one day last September. It was a proper break, diagonally along the length of the bone, as shown by X-ray.

The doctor did just what you did, taped it together, but HE prescribed hydrocodone for the pain.

It worked, and a week later she was seen yomping around the streets of Chicago, walking up to 5-6 miles a day (though gingerly, it must be said...)
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:22 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Sorry to hear about your pain. If I woke up the next morning with bruises all over, amnesia and vomiting, I'd be worried about somebody slipping me some drugs (esp if I didn't think I drank that much). But anyways, that's just me being very paranoid.

Hmmm, isn't the cure for pain, just to drink yourself into a stupor again?
I would agree but as i mixed the drinks into cleverly disguised water bottles myself, and they never left my cooler I have to think that maybe I just overdid the vodka!!

Originally Posted by nettlebed
My wife broke her toe by inadvertently kicking a dresser one day last September. It was a proper break, diagonally along the length of the bone, as shown by X-ray.

The doctor did just what you did, taped it together, but HE prescribed hydrocodone for the pain.

It worked, and a week later she was seen yomping around the streets of Chicago, walking up to 5-6 miles a day (though gingerly, it must be said...)
I would love some hydrocodone - sadly after the car crash and 3 prescriptions worth the dr thinks im a junkie and doesnt want to prescribe it to me anymore!!!