Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

It's so dangerous to be a black American, I've sought asylum in Canada Kyle Lydell Ca

It's so dangerous to be a black American, I've sought asylum in Canada Kyle Lydell Ca

Old Apr 2nd 2016, 6:21 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's so dangerous to be a black American, I've sought asylum in Canada Kyle Lydel

OK, then is the problem uniquely racism, or is it guns?

Just as a point of reference, we have plenty of the former around here, but few of the latter..
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's so dangerous to be a black American, I've sought asylum in Canada Kyle Lydel

Marcus Harvey was right !
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 12:50 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Far more likely to venture into harm's way than being shot by a white cop or being beaten up by a bunch of white supremacists

Murder rate in Chicago so far this year for example comes to around 500 plus. Racially these victims are overwhelmingly black. Check the facts if in doubt
I wasn't arguing the point, I literally couldn't understand what you were trying to say. It's still not clear. I assume that you are saying that black on black crime rates are higher than white on black?

Which "facts" am I supposed to check? I really don't need statistics to prove the bleeding obvious.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 1:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amideislas
OK, then is the problem uniquely racism, or is it guns?

Just as a point of reference, we have plenty of the former around here, but few of the latter..
Neither.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 4:23 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
I wasn't arguing the point, I literally couldn't understand what you were trying to say. It's still not clear. I assume that you are saying that black on black crime rates are higher than white on black?

Which "facts" am I supposed to check? I really don't need statistics to prove the bleeding obvious.
Jes Leslie that's what i'm a saying. This thread started because some dude named Kyle Lydell Canty (whoever he is) stated that he was seeking residence in Canada because black people like him found the US to be a dangerous place to live as well as a place of widespread discrimination. The implication seemed to be that Kyle felt threatened by white racist folks and trigger happy white cops. Sounded like the typical forum troll to me.

Anyway both statements by Kyle are a bunch of cobblers. This is not 1964. While members of the black communities are justifiably upset over the occasional, unwarranted shooting of a black person by a white cop you never hear their voices raised in anger or outrage over the mass slaughter taking place among their own people in cities such as Chicago.

The greatest danger to a black American these days is from his own people if circumstances force him or her to live in the poorer inner city areas of the large cities.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen local TV news coverage of a shooting in south-central Los Angeles where some black child or other innocent got gunned down in a crossfire between rival gang members. Compared to Chicago however Los Angeles is relatively peaceful these days
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 5:20 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Jes Leslie that's what i'm a saying. This thread started because some dude named Kyle Lydell Canty (whoever he is) stated that he was seeking residence in Canada because black people like him found the US to be a dangerous place to live as well as a place of widespread discrimination. The implication seemed to be that Kyle felt threatened by white racist folks and trigger happy white cops. Sounded like the typical forum troll to me.

Anyway both statements by Kyle are a bunch of cobblers. This is not 1964. While members of the black communities are justifiably upset over the occasional, unwarranted shooting of a black person by a white cop you never hear their voices raised in anger or outrage over the mass slaughter taking place among their own people in cities such as Chicago.

The greatest danger to a black American these days is from his own people if circumstances force him or her to live in the poorer inner city areas of the large cities.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen local TV news coverage of a shooting in south-central Los Angeles where some black child or other innocent got gunned down in a crossfire between rival gang members. Compared to Chicago however Los Angeles is relatively peaceful these days
The OP linked article is not being taken seriously on its face by anybody here. That was Boiler playing provocateur.

It's true that things have improved from the 1960s.

It is also true that long term institutionalized racism has always existed in the USA and it still does.

Two things can be true at once.

The only question I have, for anybody who thinks there is no racism in the US is ... Would you like to be a black person in America?
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 5:43 am
Account Closed

The OP linked article is not being taken seriously on its face by anybody here. That was Boiler playing provocateur.
It is a true story.

But it does amuse me, the complaints about the level of racism seems to be inversely proportional to actual racism.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 5:47 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Boiler
It is a true story.

But it does amuse me, the complaints about the level of racism seems to be inversely proportional to actual racism.
Okay, let me be more clear. I believe the story is true, I do not take the person in the story very seriously.

IMO "actual racism" is impossible to quantify.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 5:52 am
Account Closed

IMO "actual racism" is impossible to quantify.
Well the concept was quite funny, sort of assumes that such a thing does not exist in Canada. It certainly has become an Emperor's Clothes issue or Crying Wolf.

Another thread cover the Rastafarian current story, I would think a lot of this came about due to current PCism.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 6:01 am
WTF?

Well the concept was quite funny, sort of assumes that such a thing does not exist in Canada. It certainly has become an Emperor's Clothes issue or Crying Wolf.

Another thread cover the Rastafarian current story, I would think a lot of this came about due to current PCism.
Yeah, I saw the other thread. I don't have any real opinion. I find the whole cultural appropriation debate to be a depressing black hole. Most young people, by the very nature of their own immaturity, are driven by fashion and not any well defined ideology.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 6:15 am
Account Closed

It sort of explains why many/most people lose interest when this subject comes up.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 6:27 am
WTF?

It sort of explains why many/most people lose interest when this subject comes up.
It's difficult to parse it all out in this format. The two examples that you use, (1) dreadlock boy and (2) Canada boy, both paint black Americans as tetchy and whiny. Most black people in the US do not have the luxury of behaving in this manner. Just like I could put up two links of white Americans behaving badly, we both know they don't represent all or even most white people.

The moral of the story? The assholes are the only ones that get linked on the internet.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Actually neither are good examples, BLM maybe, I have certainly seen stories asking why does BLM not focus on the 99.5% rather than the .5%.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 6:54 am
WTF?

Actually neither are good examples, BLM maybe, I have certainly seen stories asking why does BLM not focus on the 99.5% rather than the .5%.
My understanding of BLM is that they are an activist movement focused on state supported racism. Therefore they focus on institutions --- such as political parties and political rallies. I don't think their energy will be expended on getting inside your (or my) head and/or changing hearts and minds of individuals. I don't know how successful this strategy will be as a long term proposition, but it is certainly clever during a heavily contested national election.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

The moral of the story? The assholes are the only ones that get linked on the internet.
You gotta believe it. His antics netted him 2 minutes of fame and a ton of google links: https://www.google.com/search?q=Kyle...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Plus - Canada saw through his ruse - no welcome mat there:
Black U.S. citizen Kyle Canty denied refugee status in Canada

"Victimhood" only goes so far. His cynical manipulation of the very real racial tensions in America - was preposterous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.