British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   It's official...Christmas is around the corner (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/its-official-christmas-around-corner-903353/)

tom169 Nov 12th 2017 11:18 pm

Re: It's official...Christmas is around the corner

Saw the first Christmas tree sales setup being constructed today. Few more weeks and I'll have our prized tree all dressed up. :thumbsup:

Jerseygirl Nov 13th 2017 12:23 am

I’m making a list of UK Christmas goodies to bring back from my trip early next month.

:thumbsup:

mrken30 Nov 13th 2017 2:46 am

Baileys or Whisky advent calendars. I didn't realize there were more options than just chocolate.

Maste Nov 13th 2017 11:47 am

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12380675)
Baileys or Whisky advent calendars. I didn't realize there were more options than just chocolate.

Oh yeah, there's a lot these days. Something for everyone!

Saw an 'adult one' where the chocolate was filled with alcoholic jelly or something of the like the other day!

caretaker Nov 13th 2017 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Maste (Post 12380944)
Saw an 'adult one' where the chocolate was filled with alcoholic jelly or something of the like the other day!

The liquor chocolates go half price after New Year's. ;)

mrken30 Nov 14th 2017 1:32 am

Does anyone know where I can buy lick and stick paper chains for the kids to make? The only ones I can find ship from the UK and take 4 weeks to get here.

Nutek Nov 14th 2017 1:39 am

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12381491)
Does anyone know where I can buy lick and stick paper chains for the kids to make? The only ones I can find ship from the UK and take 4 weeks to get here.

Amazon sell paper chains I think.

Nutmegger Nov 14th 2017 2:21 am

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12381491)

Why not just buy colored kraft paper and a non-toxic paste and really get down to DIY creativity with the kids. You can cut strips and they can glue.

mrken30 Nov 14th 2017 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 12381507)
Why not just buy colored kraft paper and a non-toxic paste and really get down to DIY creativity with the kids. You can cut strips and they can glue.

You haven't seen my kid with glue. I don't really want them stuck to the table, wall, his sister or anything else. The Amazon ones are all in the UK, but I think I have found a US based store in California.

N1cky Nov 14th 2017 2:31 am

Originally Posted by mrken30 (Post 12381508)
You haven't seen my kid with glue. I don't really want them stuck to the table, wall, his sister or anything else. The Amazon ones are all in the UK, but I think I have found a US based store in California.

I've seen them in a few places around here. Try any fancy card stores we have one called Papersource here, also independent bookstores seem to stock things like that