British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   It's official...Christmas is around the corner (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/its-official-christmas-around-corner-903353/)

caretaker Sep 28th 2017 9:14 pm

Re: It's official...Christmas is around the corner

With a little willpower a very Christmassy thing (and one of the best) can be had any time; stuffing and gravy. Chop chop chop, spice spice spice, wrap in foil, pop in the oven, engineer some gravy and dig in. Want fancy stuffing? Don't let me stop you.

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 2nd 2017 12:57 pm

Dawn is here and all is white.

Supposed to snow heavily this afternoon.

Jerseygirl Oct 2nd 2017 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12351659)
Dawn is here and all is white.

Supposed to snow heavily this afternoon.

Forecast to be 80f tomorrow here in the Great White North. :thumbup:

scrubbedexpat091 Oct 2nd 2017 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12351662)
Forecast to be 80f tomorrow here in the Great White North. :thumbup:

Maybe Toronto....:lol:

We might make it to 64F if we are lucky tomorrow, doubtful at this point we will see anything close to 80F...

Suppose both places are better then Edmonton which is 37F at the moment.

caretaker Oct 13th 2017 4:28 pm

1 Attachment(s)
The cake's out, but my strength is the strength of ten because my heart is pure. That doesn't mean I won't buy one, only that I don't have to.

caretaker Oct 14th 2017 7:28 pm

I was in the grocery store and they had a case of eggnog final offer $1/L, bought 5 and gave one to my friend. Me and Lemon Hart will be singing some carols before the sun goes down.

uk_grenada Oct 14th 2017 7:57 pm

Coquito

I got this recipe from www.epicurious.com

Ingredients
One 12 - ounce can evaporated milk
2 Large egg yolks
One 15 - ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
One 14 - ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 Cup white rum
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Directions
Beat together the evaporated milk and egg yolks in a medium bowl. Strain into a 3-quart pot and simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
Transfer the egg yolk mixture to a blender, and blend in batches. Add the remaining ingredients, blending at high speed until frothy. Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until chilled before serving

uk_grenada Oct 14th 2017 7:59 pm

I also have a great stollen recipe if anyone wants it...

Nutek Oct 14th 2017 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by uk_grenada (Post 12361045)
I also have a great stollen recipe if anyone wants it...

:sneaky:

tom169 Oct 18th 2017 2:01 am

So the discussion came up at work around Christmas trees and getting them home. I assumed it would be like my experience in England where we got a tree delivered to the house by a farm.

Here it seems the norm is to have one strapped to the top of the car if you don't own a truck. Not sure if I trust it. :eek:

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 18th 2017 2:02 am

You can rent a truck from Home Depot if you do not have one, begs the question why you would not have one.

tom169 Oct 18th 2017 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12363469)
You can rent a truck from Home Depot if you do not have one, begs the question why you would not have one.

I want one. :(

Nutmegger Oct 18th 2017 2:14 am

Originally Posted by tom169 (Post 12363468)
So the discussion came up at work around Christmas trees and getting them home. I assumed it would be like my experience in England where we got a tree delivered to the house by a farm.

Here it seems the norm is to have one strapped to the top of the car if you don't own a truck. Not sure if I trust it. :eek:

I once bought a tree on the street in midtown Manhattan and dragged it home via the subway. It was as tall as me, it was rush hour, and I had to wait until at last an empty train arrived where I could get it through the door. Learned my lesson and always bought in the neighborhood after that saga! :rofl:

tom169 Oct 18th 2017 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 12363478)
I once bought a tree on the street in midtown Manhattan and dragged it home via the subway. It was as tall as me, it was rush hour, and I had to wait until at last an empty train arrived where I could get it through the door. Learned my lesson and always bought in the neighborhood after that saga! :rofl:

LOL! :goodpost: :thumbsup:

uk_grenada Oct 18th 2017 8:14 am

In the UK IKEA have a wizard wheeze, before Christmas they will sell you a Christmas tree for about £40 and give you a voucher worth £40 off during January which I call a win-win.