Interesting article

Old Sep 25th 2012, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Interesting article

Originally Posted by chris955 View Post
As has been said this is a problem facing most Western nations, it might be too late to reverse but who knows really.
Not with the current trend. I watched Mastermind a couple of months ago and a female contestant had obtained a degree and the subject matter was "The Beatles". Universities have become money sucking machines running useless courses. The smart kids become plumbers. Go into any UK city and see how many people with degrees are working in sandwich shops and call centres.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009 View Post
Not with the current trend. I watched Mastermind a couple of months ago and a female contestant had obtained a degree and the subject matter was "The Beatles". Universities have become money sucking machines running useless courses. The smart kids become plumbers. Go into any UK city and see how many people with degrees are working in sandwich shops and call centres.
Agreed!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009 View Post
Universities have become money sucking machines running useless courses. The smart kids become plumbers. Go into any UK city and see how many people with degrees are working in sandwich shops and call centres.
I agree with most of that. It makes me so angry to see how kids and parents have been manipulated to believe that a college/university education is essential and even more angry to see how certain careers have now introduced more mandatory training ( at a cost ) that, in my view, is simply part of the money making machine of education.

The dumbing down of the education system, the lack of vocational training and the debt enslavement of our young people will come back to haunt us in the not too distant future.

FYI: There was a good article in Newsweek - Sept 17th - titled " Is College a Lousy Investment." Don't know if it's available online, but worth a read.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 9:35 am
Banned

LA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really nice

Ja Chris-brilliant source-this is from the foundation representing the last white President-obviously anything the ANC govt foes will be attacked by de klerk.
Next time at least try and find something a little more credible if you want to debate otherwise don't bother
Old Sep 26th 2012, 9:37 am
Banned

LA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really niceLA2JHB is just really nice

Originally Posted by LA2JHB View Post
Really? Have you lived in SA?
Not so common to see white teenagers roaming the streets of SA drunk
Grayling-still waiting for your response. Have you actually lived in SA?