Instant Coffee

Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:12 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Instant Coffee

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Your thread says "Instant Coffee" instant to me means from a jar put in the spoon and hey presto, not getting a peculator and buying coffee beans..... or is instant coffee anything thats not bought from a StarBucks or the such like!!

I used Folgers instant its OK and you get used to it!
I go with Taster's Choice instant coffee. It was my dad's favorite and he passed his liking on to me.

We have that Keurig style coffee maker with the K-cups at work. I actually like most of the different types and flavors. A different flavor for every mood!

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:48 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I wonder why the only Nescafe instant coffee I can find is the 'classico' which is far too dark and strong for my liking. (TBH I'm more of a tea drinker).

I've actually bought over the Nescafe (freeze dried) Gold Blend from Singapore lol! My spouse bought me one of those (Swiss made) Nespresso coffee makers - you might have seen the adverts with George Clooney drinking Nespresso coffee (it makes espresso coffee, lattes and capuccinos. It has a canister to froth the milk, but I discovered if you get the milk straight out of the fridge, it's too cold for it to work....so I end up heating the milk in the microwave first, how stupid is that?!). I've rarely used it and he doesn't drink either tea or coffee. I dare not tell him but I much prefer to just get out my jar of Gold Blend lol!

The Nespresso coffee maker came with a little booklet which lists the flavours and strengths of each little pod of coffee, but when we went to re-order they sent it by courier! It won't work in the US, so from time to time if I have visitors I'll grind up some coffee (usually something from Trader Joe's) and put it in one of those Bodum glass filter coffee maker thingies.

God knows how anyone can drink espresso..... it's far too strong and bitter for my taste!
Have you looked in the Isle that has all the mexican foods in the grocery store they have a different Nescafe than the usual stuff here.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
God knows how anyone can drink espresso..... it's far too strong and bitter for my taste!
And there is lies the issue, espresso is rarely made properly because it doesn't have to be bitter or strong. A good espresso blend can actually taste very sweet and smooth, almost like dark chocolate. Just because it's called 'espresso blend' doesn't make it a real espresso! It's actually pretty hard to make espresso properly and the equipment needed is costs a fair amount. Anything where you just press a button is almost certainly just going to be strong, overbrewed coffee.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JupiterAndBeyond
I've yet to find it but do they sell Gold Blend in the USA? Perhaps it has a different name? If not, what's the closest to it? I've been drinking Nescafe's Tasters Choice, which isn't bad. Any other recommendations?
I always drank Gold Blend in the UK, in the US I drink Tasters Choice and notice no difference.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

JupiterAndBeyond will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TimberHut
I like them all. Never had a bad one (apart from the flavoured, gimmicky ones - ie hazelnut, toffee or whatever).

Seriously - not quite sure what sort of coffee taste you are after but I've had most of the ones listed ie here:

http://www.keurig.com/shop/k-cups/al...Fcfe4AodQBWADA

and like I said - I like them all.

What creamer (if anything) do you use? I normally just drink them black.
I just use normal 2% milk, I've not tried anything else. Yet!
Old Feb 25th 2011, 10:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You can get Maxwell House, Nescafe and all the rest in the big grocery stores, expensive though...easy to find if you have a large Brazilian population though.

Much easier to get a French Press if you can't be arse with a single use cup jobby.

Folgers is a good middle of the road breakfast coffee, Trader Joes also do decent and cheap beans.

Dunkin Doughnuts aren't bad for the money, nicer than Starbucks at least. The Caribou stuff is good too.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JupiterAndBeyond
Now there's another story - we have a drip coffee maker at home but I haven't found a coffee I like the taste of yet to put in it. My OH likes the Dunkin' Donuts blend - any recommendations?

Also we have one of those Keurig single cup machines, I've tasted around 10 different coffee capsules and can conclude they are universally disgusting!
We order coffee from CafeBritt. If you buy in bulk (and just freeze the bags you aren't currently using) the price is similar to the grocery store. The coffee is excellent ... I ran out recently and used a small package of Maxwell House I'd received as a sample. BLECH!

http://www.cafebritt.com/
Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:16 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go girl INSTANT COFFEE links on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+house+instant

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...escafe+instant

Have a nice cuppa
Old Feb 26th 2011, 12:15 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I am NOT liking the coffee Cracker Barrel switched to recently- it'll put hair on your chest!!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 12:22 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I am NOT liking the coffee Cracker Barrel switched to recently- it'll put hair on your chest!!
Better send the Men of BE to Cracker Barrel then .. load of Metro Girlie-Men!! They could use the extra hair.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I don't know what's going on with coffee at the moment (or maybe it's just me) but every time I try drinking a cup it tastes bitter and nasty.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:34 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
I don't know what's going on with coffee at the moment (or maybe it's just me) but every time I try drinking a cup it tastes bitter and nasty.
Well our taste buds or whatever apparently do change with time.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:42 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Menopause lovey!!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Menopause lovey!!
OMG, don't tell me that it changes how coffee tastes too! What about red wine?? "cause I swear red wine tastes a bit off lately to me too!!
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:50 pm

OMG, don't tell me that it changes how coffee tastes too! What about red wine?? "cause I swear red wine tastes a bit off lately to me too!!
Sad but true it can compleatly change yout taste budds welcome to my world .....but the white wine is still in abundance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.