Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I think I'm cracking up; best place to get help?

I think I'm cracking up; best place to get help?

Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:55 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think I'm cracking up; best place to get help?

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I loved all three of those shows. I totally dug General Lee. I remember making the noise that sounded when it did something spectacular on the tube. I don't quite remember the details of the shows but I do know that they were good fun. I almost forgot the Fall Guy. Lee Majors is (or was) a hottie back then. Definitely was a hottie on Big Valley.
Ahh yeah the Fall Guy was cool as well. Can't really judge on the Lee Majors thing, but Heather Locklear sure were purty...
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I'm such a dork that I had Knight Rider as my ringtone once
I still do. Plus I have the A-Team I can switch to. Nice.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm such a dork that I had Knight Rider as my ringtone once

EDIT: Hey I'm starting a ringtone thread.
yep, thats pretty sad?
Hugs, hope you felt much better, after you changed the ringtone.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 4:35 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind country music but I am not really that familiar with it.. maybe one day that bug will bite me too .. I do like Dolly Parton if that counts for anything..
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:05 am
Dis-Member

SagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond reputeSagenOnion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I always thought of myself as a very capable, self confident individual who, if you'll pardon the expression - had his s*** together.
Lately, I've been under a lot of pressure at work, and things have been a little strained at home too. Perhaps I'm trying to justify the unjustifiable.

I'm ashamed to admit that recently I've started to listen to country. No-one is more surprised than me. I started out doing a little Shania Twain. I thought I could handle it, keep it quiet. Just my little thing. No-one need know.

They said that she's a gateway artiste, and in my arrogance I scoffed at that, but I have found myself starting to dabble in LeAnn Rimes. I'm worried that I'm on a slippery slope.

Please, please can someone recommend a place to get some professional help? I'm very scared and I wish that I had never embarked on this trip. I think people are starting to suspect. My health is suffering and I'm not sleeping.

Has anyone else been through this? Is there hope?
This is a real tragedy but a relatively common ailment. I understand that there are a number of colonies established around the country, although mainly in Southern states I think, where people with your problem can go and live with persons of a similar ilk. Nashville is a popular and large commune of country-afflicted people who would no doubt be able to help you. Otherwise you could always put on the dungarees, throw the shotgun in the back of the pickup, stick a piece of hay between whats left of your teeth and enjoy the trip.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:12 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
I think you are both now officially required to:

1. Hand in your British passport
2. Hand in your balls (unless these were lost through marriage).
agreed.

The thought of starting to like coutry music is...well...horrifying!
*shivers*

Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:15 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I always thought of myself as a very capable, self confident individual who, if you'll pardon the expression - had his s*** together.
Lately, I've been under a lot of pressure at work, and things have been a little strained at home too. Perhaps I'm trying to justify the unjustifiable.

I'm ashamed to admit that recently I've started to listen to country. No-one is more surprised than me. I started out doing a little Shania Twain. I thought I could handle it, keep it quiet. Just my little thing. No-one need know.

They said that she's a gateway artiste, and in my arrogance I scoffed at that, but I have found myself starting to dabble in LeAnn Rimes. I'm worried that I'm on a slippery slope.

Please, please can someone recommend a place to get some professional help? I'm very scared and I wish that I had never embarked on this trip. I think people are starting to suspect. My health is suffering and I'm not sleeping.

Has anyone else been through this? Is there hope?
Play some Clash or Stone Roses or even PJ Harvey. Bound to bring you to your senses. If all else fails, listen to some Take That.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:30 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Play some Clash or Stone Roses or even PJ Harvey. Bound to bring you to your senses. If all else fails, listen to some Take That.
OMG!!! You did not just say 'Take That'!!! I'm one of the few Americans that have their CD. I keep hearing the lyric about 'lipstick on your coffee cup' in my head right now.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:35 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!! You did not just say 'Take That'!!! I'm one of the few Americans that have their CD. I keep hearing the lyric about 'lipstick on your coffee cup' in my head right now.
lol @ Take That

Imagine how embarrasing it is to own a "Five" CD. Or did they spell it "5ive"
Old Feb 15th 2008, 10:40 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
lol @ Take That

Imagine how embarrasing it is to own a "Five" CD. Or did they spell it "5ive"
I love country and western music some of the finest songs written are country songs. Ray Charles, Aerosmith, Shitney Houston have all done C&W