Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I think I'm cracking up; best place to get help?

Wikiposts

I think I'm cracking up; best place to get help?

Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think I'm cracking up; best place to get help?

Originally Posted by ugacrew
(Uga looks at the other Americans with an evil smile)

"Our plan is working. They are assimilating. Resistance is futile! Mwahahahahah Next it will be PBR: Rodeo indoctrination! Yessssss my little one's . It's working."
Don't look at this American! Country music? Blech! Lots of crying, cheatin', beer, and watermelon ... sometimes with guns or God tossed in.

Rap or country music ... man that's a tough choice ... I might just have to poke my eardrums out first. If it were techno I would have to just give up.

The closest I come is the Dixie Chicks, and I like Carrie Underwood's version of "I'll stand by you". Both are pretty mainstream though ...
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

talbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of lighttalbot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I always thought of myself as a very capable, self confident individual who, if you'll pardon the expression - had his s*** together.
Lately, I've been under a lot of pressure at work, and things have been a little strained at home too. Perhaps I'm trying to justify the unjustifiable.

I'm ashamed to admit that recently I've started to listen to country. No-one is more surprised than me. I started out doing a little Shania Twain. I thought I could handle it, keep it quiet. Just my little thing. No-one need know.

They said that she's a gateway artiste, and in my arrogance I scoffed at that, but I have found myself starting to dabble in LeAnn Rimes. I'm worried that I'm on a slippery slope.

Please, please can someone recommend a place to get some professional help? I'm very scared and I wish that I had never embarked on this trip. I think people are starting to suspect. My health is suffering and I'm not sleeping.

Has anyone else been through this? Is there hope?
Ummmmmmmmmm have you or are you approcahing 40???
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:39 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Don't look at this American! Country music? Blech! Lots of crying, cheatin', beer, and watermelon ... sometimes with guns or God tossed in.

Rap or country music ... man that's a tough choice ... I might just have to poke my eardrums out first. If it were techno I would have to just give up.

The closest I come is the Dixie Chicks, and I like Carrie Underwood's version of "I'll stand by you". Both are pretty mainstream though ...
I'm all over the place when it comes to music. I have the following genres in my iPod at the mo.

Rap
Pop
R&B
Classic Country (Johnny Cash)
Modern Country
Techno
Trance
Progressive Trance
Classical
Opera
Standards
Blues
Hip Hop
Soul
Rock
Heavy Metal
Jazz
80's
Alternative
Freestyle
Salsa
Soundtrack
Oldies
Disco
Folk
Celitc
New Age

Everything but Death Metal and Polka.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought of myself as a very capable, self confident individual who, if you'll pardon the expression - had his s*** together.
Lately, I've been under a lot of pressure at work, and things have been a little strained at home too. Perhaps I'm trying to justify the unjustifiable.

I'm ashamed to admit that recently I've started to listen to country. No-one is more surprised than me. I started out doing a little Shania Twain. I thought I could handle it, keep it quiet. Just my little thing. No-one need know.

They said that she's a gateway artiste, and in my arrogance I scoffed at that, but I have found myself starting to dabble in LeAnn Rimes. I'm worried that I'm on a slippery slope.

Please, please can someone recommend a place to get some professional help? I'm very scared and I wish that I had never embarked on this trip. I think people are starting to suspect. My health is suffering and I'm not sleeping.

Country music, mostly very sad & depressing "You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille"

All that sad stuff.
http://www.slate.com/id/2166481/
Octang, maybe too late for you, yah gone to the dark side.
Good luck. Hang in there manana will be a new day.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all over the place when it comes to music. I have the following genres in my iPod at the mo.

Rap
Pop
R&B
Classic Country (Johnny Cash)
Modern Country
Techno
Trance
Progressive Trance
Classical
Opera
Standards
Blues
Hip Hop
Soul
Rock
Heavy Metal
Jazz
80's
Alternative
Freestyle
Salsa
Soundtrack
Oldies
Disco
Folk
Celitc
New Age

Everything but Death Metal and Polka.
Hi UGA, if you get to Polka, then its toooo late for you. Don't do it, fight the darkside.
Reg. FRank R.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:14 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Hi UGA, if you get to Polka, then its toooo late for you. Don't do it, fight the darkside.
Reg. FRank R.
Unlike Bush, my mission has been accomplished in fighting off Polka.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:17 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's an argument for evolution. One adapts to survive in one's environment.
As long as you believe that then all is good
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

We're sorry! Everyone's favourite Shrink, Dr. Rushman, is currently AWOL. If he returns, I'm sure he will be only too pleased to offer his wisdom on such problems.

Jim.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 3:32 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
We're sorry! Everyone's favourite Shrink, Dr. Rushman, is currently AWOL. If he returns, I'm sure he will be only too pleased to offer his wisdom on such problems.

Jim.
NEXT!!!

Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Unlike Bush, my mission has been accomplished in fighting off Polka.
Stay the course, stay the course.
Don't be mean to GW, he gave up all the good sins in life Drink & drugs N Rock & Roll. "Ah seen the light"
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:22 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by frrussre
Stay the course, stay the course.
Don't be mean to GW, he gave up all the good sins in life Drink & drugs N Rock & Roll. "Ah seen the light"
Reg. Frank R.
Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture not to stay the course toward the 1,000 points of light.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture not to stay the course toward the 1,000 points of light.
Lets all break into song.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:25 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

XM ch13... it's the real stuff. Not the new "pop" country crap. (Although LeeAnn Rymes "Blue" is cool as hell....) Try a little XM "Xcountry" too (CH 11 or 12 I think?) it's new stuff but not "poppy" sounding, they call it "progressive" country which from what I can tell means it sounds like the old country.

Listen to all that for a while, and when you think you might be ready... try a little Bluegrass. When you can listen to "Banjo's that Destroyed the World"* all the way through without wanting to off yourself, and you begin to wonder why people aren't hanging out with you anymore, THEN you have made it to the darkside and it's time to start shopping for a pair of bibs and a flannel shirt or two.

* Sample tracks(not for the faint of heart or people that like techno): http://www.amazon.com/Banjos-Destroy.../dp/B0000010SB
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:27 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we can slowly bring you back from the brink - try this to start:

Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:28 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007

I can't believe I like you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.