Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I think I'm cracking up; best place to get help?

I think I'm cracking up; best place to get help?

Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think I'm cracking up; best place to get help?

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Welcome!

XM ch13... it's the real stuff. Not the new "pop" country crap. (Although LeeAnn Rymes "Blue" is cool as hell....) Try a little XM "Xcountry" too (CH 11 or 12 I think?) it's new stuff but not "poppy" sounding, they call it "progressive" country which from what I can tell means it sounds like the old country.

Listen to all that for a while, and when you think you might be ready... try a little Bluegrass. When you can listen to "Banjo's that Destroyed the World"* all the way through without wanting to off yourself, and you begin to wonder why people aren't hanging out with you anymore, THEN you have made it to the darkside and it's time to start shopping for a pair of bibs and a flannel shirt or two.

* Sample tracks(not for the faint of heart or people that like techno): http://www.amazon.com/Banjos-Destroy.../dp/B0000010SB

Yeehaw.
http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/o...haw-16921.html

Artist: Owen Jake
Song: Yee Haw
Album: Startin With Me Jake Owen Sheet Music
Jake Owen CDs

Download “Yee Haw” Ringtone

It's five o'clock, just got paid:
I'll be off the next two days.
No more workin' like dogs,
No more leash, no more boss.
I've got a weekend of nothin' to do at all:
Yee Haw!

I know a place down the road,
The girls are hot, the beer is cold.
It's two-for-one, yeah, that's right:
Not just drinks; it's girls to guys.
I hear the twins are back in town from Saginaw:
Yee Haw!

You take your all-right; you take your can't-wait.
A lotta of bring-it-on an' some damn straight,
An' mix it all up with some down home southern drawl, y'all:
You got your yee haw!

The place is packed, the line is long;
The band know every Haggard song.
I'm gettin' loose, I've had a few.
She wants to dance; I do too.
But her boyfriend's mad, I, I think he wants to brawl:
All right, yee haw!

A lotta of bring-it-on, an' some damn straight,
You got your yee haw!.

I'm talkin big time, I mean saddle up an' hold on tight,
An' if you know what I'm talkin' about, y'all, yeah:
How about a yee haw, ha, ha.
Yep, bow wow, y-e-e-h-a-w: yee haw.

[Thanks to Tiffany Robertson for corrections]

[ More Owen Jake Lyrics ]

Ringtone:

Frank R.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 12:38 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Yeehaw.
http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/o...haw-16921.html

Artist: Owen Jake
Song: Yee Haw
Album: Startin With Me Jake Owen Sheet Music
Jake Owen CDs

It's five o'clock, just got paid:
I'll be off the next two days.
No more workin' like dogs,
No more leash, no more boss.
I've got a weekend of nothin' to do at all:
Yee Haw!

I know a place down the road,
The girls are hot, the beer is cold.
It's two-for-one, yeah, that's right:
Not just drinks; it's girls to guys.
I hear the twins are back in town from Saginaw:
Yee Haw!

A lotta of bring-it-on an' some damn straight,
You got your yee haw!

The place is packed, the line is long;
The band know every Haggard song.
I'm gettin' loose, I've had a few.
She wants to dance; I do too.
But her boyfriend's mad, I, I think he wants to brawl:
All right, yee haw!

A lotta of bring-it-on, an' some damn straight,
You got your yee haw!.

I'm talkin big time, I mean saddle up an' hold on tight,
An' if you know what I'm talkin' about, y'all, yeah:
How about a yee haw, ha, ha.
Yep, bow wow, y-e-e-h-a-w: yee haw.

[Thanks to Tiffany Robertson for corrections]

[ More Owen Jake Lyrics ]

Ringtone:

Frank R.
So that's your ringtone? Cool!

Don't own a cellphone myself, but if I did, I'd have an interesting ringtone like that.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Don't own a cellphone myself, but if I did, I'd have an interesting ringtone like that.
ABY, no not my ringtone, just something I found in google "YeeHaw".
My ringtone is boring plain old, Ring Ring, its even called oldfashioned.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 1:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

No matter how bad things get, cuntry isn't the answer.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 1:52 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

You ought to..
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:05 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
No matter how bad things get, cuntry isn't the answer.
If country is the answer what is the question??

Actually, in most of the rural counties in Georgia it is illegal to have a social gathering of at least 3-7 people (depending on county) where music is played if the following songs are not part of the playlist:
"You don't have to call me darling, darling" - David Allan Coe
"Keep your hands to yourself" - Georgia Satellites
Three minute banjo solo (anywhere within 30 miles of the Chatahoochee)

Punishments range from 1 hour of Waylon Jennings to 100 hours of Tammy Wynette for the most serious offenses (for example playing Lynyrd skynyrd)
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:12 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

I have one, the kids insisted, but I never remember to take it, so it never comes off the charger. It has the default ring, whatever that is.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:15 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

I'm such a dork that I had Knight Rider as my ringtone once

EDIT: Hey I'm starting a ringtone thread.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:16 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
And then never took it off?

I have Green Day ..a few that I rotate.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

UK_Tomcat_Fan will become famous soon enoughUK_Tomcat_Fan will become famous soon enough

mines the topgun theme tune!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:19 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UK_Tomcat_Fan
mines the topgun theme tune!
Check the thread in the Lounge. Post your responses there.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:32 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you would be an Airwolf kind of gal...
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:38 am
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by zargof
I thought you would be an Airwolf kind of gal...
It's all about the Hoff baby, LOL Nah...for me it was the car and seeing that red light pulse back and forth. Man that car still looks aggressive especially when it went into turbo mode. It's cajones on wheels.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:42 am
I love my brick!

It's all about the Hoff baby, LOL Nah...for me it was the car and seeing that red light pulse back and forth. Man that car still looks aggressive especially when it went into turbo mode. It's cajones on wheels.
Yeah, Knight Rider was up there in my top three cheesy 80's shows with the A-Team and Dukes of Hazzard. Speaking of the Dukes of Hazzard, little did I know how much of it would prove useful for when I actually moved there...
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:45 am
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by zargof
Yeah, Knight Rider was up there in my top three cheesy 80's shows with the A-Team and Dukes of Hazzard. Speaking of the Dukes of Hazzard, little did I know how much of it would prove useful for when I actually moved there...
I loved all three of those shows. I totally dug General Lee. I remember making the noise that sounded when it did something spectacular on the tube. I don't quite remember the details of the shows but I do know that they were good fun. I almost forgot the Fall Guy. Lee Majors is (or was) a hottie back then. Definitely was a hottie on Big Valley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.