Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I need "American Music"

I need "American Music"

Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I need "American Music"

Alison Krauss & Union Station
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:36 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

10cc - I don't like cricket
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:37 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kar98
Alison Krauss & Union Station
Gimme a track title?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:39 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

What was wrong with my suggestion ?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
Gimme a track title?
Pastures of Plenty
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:42 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Erm, er, errrrr, erm... Hi!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:42 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

It's crap
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:45 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

It's not that it's crap, it's just my mum might appreciate it and we wouldn't want that.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:45 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
It's crap
Well I thought it fit the bill to a T.

He wanted American songs - I gave him one.

Now I'm gonna rack my brains for a "don't come here" song -
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:52 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Well I thought it fit the bill to a T.
Now I'm gonna rack my brains for a "don't come here" song
He wanted American songs - I gave him one.
so did I

I got the impression that the OP wanted songs that typified American music or were applicable to American life in general. Your interpretation of his request seems to have been limited to songs about people actually arriving in the USA.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:57 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

hmm...here's one to explain them about the Countryside here..

Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:12 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

so did I

I got the impression that the OP wanted songs that typified American music or were applicable to American life in general. Your interpretation of his request seems to have been limited to songs about people actually arriving in the USA.
Both!
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:17 pm

so did I

Am American song that typifies American music and is not just about arriving there ................

Hmmmmm - how about D.I.V.O.R.C.E by Tammy Wynette?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:19 pm

Just came to mind another one about America ..........

"America" by Razorlight.

Not sure how big it might have been in America itself but it was in Europe.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
My parents are visiting, so they will see the granddaughter for the first time tomorrow, which is nice.

Plane lands at 1AM CST at O'Hare and I was thinking about getting some music for the Ipod that is 'American' So if you brainiacs could think of some tracks that relate and maybe post the You Tube video of it I'd be very great full.

Disclaimer, I don't want. "Born in the USA"

Also, I'm thinking of holding up a sign that says WANKERS as only the British people getting off of the plane will know what it means

Maybe, welcome to the jungle is a good start.
"American Woman" - Lenny Kravitz
"American Pie" - Don McLean
"America" - Simon & Garfunkel
"Southland in the Springtime" - Indigo Girls ... will look for a Youtube as I suspect you won't know this one

Last edited by Kaffy Mintcake; Jul 11th 2009 at 7:35 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.