Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

I need "American Music"

I need "American Music"

Old Jul 11th 2009, 3:58 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default I need "American Music"

My parents are visiting, so they will see the granddaughter for the first time tomorrow, which is nice.

Plane lands at 1AM CST at O'Hare and I was thinking about getting some music for the Ipod that is 'American' So if you brainiacs could think of some tracks that relate and maybe post the You Tube video of it I'd be very great full.

Disclaimer, I don't want. "Born in the USA"

Also, I'm thinking of holding up a sign that says WANKERS as only the British people getting off of the plane will know what it means

Maybe, welcome to the jungle is a good start.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 4:28 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need "American Music"

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
My parents are visiting, so they will see the granddaughter for the first time tomorrow, which is nice.

Plane lands at 1AM CST at O'Hare and I was thinking about getting some music for the Ipod that is 'American' So if you brainiacs could think of some tracks that relate and maybe post the You Tube video of it I'd be very great full.
off the top of my head this springs to mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlDPPu53V80

will try to think of a few more while I run a couple of errands
Old Jul 11th 2009, 4:36 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Maybe they can come instead
Old Jul 11th 2009, 4:57 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

What's that one in The Jazz Singer by Neil Diamond? Coming to America?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:01 pm
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy

Also, I'm thinking of holding up a sign that says WANKERS as only the British people getting off of the plane will know what it means
Do you really want to be that person?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:17 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
What's that one in The Jazz Singer by Neil Diamond? Coming to America?
perfect!

this one?

Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:20 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
perfect!

this one?

Yep - that's exactly it.

"On the boats and on the planes - they're coming to America."

Can you imagine that blasting out of the airport loudspeaker system?
Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:21 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

or what about this..

Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:21 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Ick.
If I was greeted by this song and a big sign saying WANKERS my initial thought might be to wonder exactly how welcome I was.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:27 pm
Last orders please...

Yep - that's exactly it.

"On the boats and on the planes - they're coming to America."

Can you imagine that blasting out of the airport loudspeaker system?
I'd love it..you could walk off the plane and hear this song when you get though POE...

but just in case they don't allow you in..they should play this one..

Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:28 pm
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by elfman
Ick.
If I was greeted by this song and a big sign saying WANKERS my initial thought might be to wonder exactly how welcome I was.
so I'm guessing you wouldn't be stood there waving your lighter above your head then..
Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by elfman
Ick.
Well - it's an old song about everybody wanting to get into the big great US of A.
Whoever wrote a song about coming to England?

I can imagine the first few lines if one were written today for today's immigrants ................

Across the seas and by whatever means,
they want to get to Great Britain.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:30 pm

I'd love it..you could walk off the plane and hear this song when you get though POE...

but just in case they don't allow you in..they should play this one..

Ha ha - don't think those refused entry people would be getting a kiss and a smile though ...................
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Well - it's an old song about everybody wanting to get into the big great US of A.
Whoever wrote a song about coming to England?
The Germans
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:26 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

BTW I was joking about the wankers sign

Keep the suggestions coming... Other wise I'm just gonna play my Johnny Cash play list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.