British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   I got in a fight at the liqour store a few hours ago (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/i-got-fight-liqour-store-few-hours-ago-693547/)

meauxna Nov 16th 2010 11:40 pm

Re: I got in a fight at the liqour store a few hours ago

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 8986167)
:lol:

Especially if you're staying at the Bates Motel.

lol, we'd better not or this thread will exceed server capacity!

Jerseygirl Nov 16th 2010 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 8986168)
lol, we'd better not or this thread will exceed server capacity!

:eek:

dunroving Nov 17th 2010 11:10 am

Originally Posted by drop step (Post 8981801)
I'm talking to my mum on the phone in the liquor store parking lot and after I hang up I see a car parked like 3 inches from my passenger door. I don't know how I did'nt see the guy pull up, and I don't know how he got out of his car....So I walk into the store and I see this guy at the counter..I'm 20 feet away and I say in a normal voice...

Me: Hey, why did you park an inch from my car out there?
Guy: Relax
ME: Oh yeah, cause i'm all upset
Guy: What are you, an assh@le?
Me: I am now, why did you park so close to me, are ya drunk or just a F-ing idiot?
Guy: Shut up!
Me: [I put my beer down] I'll be waiting for you outside

The guy comes outside with some cowering body language and says

Guy: My friends were pulling out near you so I pulled in real quick so I could stop them and talk to them..
Me: Why did'nt you say that instead of "relax", "what are you an assh@le?" and "shutup!"? Thats all you had to say- I was asking a question
Guy: You were all in my face...
Me: I was 20 feet away?
Guy: I'm sorry....Now could you please move your car so I can get in mine
Me: Yeah

I go into the store and the two female clerks are glaring at me, I bring my sixpak of 1554, and Lion Lager up to the counter

Me: Was that your friend?
Clerk: Yeah, he's a high school teacher and he's had 5 bypass surgeries
Me: Thats because he's a spaz..... if you were at the grocery store and someone parked an inch from your car, you wouldn't say anything?
Clerk: I wouldn't pick a fight in a store
Me: If I picked a fight with him he'd be dead now
Clerk: [throws the reciept at me] You are an assh@le
Me: Shut the F*&% up!

As I'm walking out the door both clerks are cursing me out...

An hour later the cops show up at my door, they are contemplating charges against me and wanted my side of the story..lol

Last week I passed a guy at 3 am..It was a No Passing zone but it was 3am, I could see way down the road and this gentleman was going 45 in a 65. I wasn't upset, I didn't flash my lights or get close to him. I merely passed him. He called 911! I was pulled over 10 miles down the road and questioned about a "Road Rage" incident?

America is a gutless, tattletale, police state society...It is not The Land of The Free and it's certainly not the Home of the Brave

It seems like you have some anger management issues to me. There are jerks in the States just like everywhere, but generally people in the US (at least from my experience in the Southeast) start off by giving others the benefit of the doubt - from the conversation you described, it seems to an objective observer that you ramped up from stationary to 100 mph in 10 seconds ... for example:

British wanker guy: "Hey, why did you park an inch from my car out there?"
... ask yourself: Is there really a polite way of responding to a conversation-starter like this?

instead of:
US conversation starter: "Hey, is that your blue Buick outside?"
Driver: "Yes, it is"
US next comment: "Any chance you could move it for me, I can't get into my truck"
Driver: "Yes, I'll be right there, sorry man I was in a rush"
US next comment: "No problem, it's just I'm in a rush myself"

... everyone goes home happy instead of 2 drivers and 2 checkout clerks having a kink put in their day.

Just my opinion, but you sounded like you were itching for an argument from the get-go. I mean come on, "I'll be waiting for you outside"? ... sounds like an episode of Grange Hill or Eastenders.

[crap, just spotted there were 3 pages to this thread ... ah well, there's 5 minutes of my life I won't get back.]

Leslie Nov 17th 2010 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 8985497)
Neither of them would hide behind an alias...it's not their style.

Have you met them???

:confused:

MrEmjoy Nov 17th 2010 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Leslie66 (Post 8987154)
Have you met them???

:confused:

Hello sugar lump, I like your avatar, did you make it?

SultanOfSwing Nov 17th 2010 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 8986922)
It seems like you have some anger management issues to me. There are jerks in the States just like everywhere, but generally people in the US (at least from my experience in the Southeast) start off by giving others the benefit of the doubt - from the conversation you described, it seems to an objective observer that you ramped up from stationary to 100 mph in 10 seconds ... for example:

... ask yourself: Is there really a polite way of responding to a conversation-starter like this?

instead of:
US next comment: "Any chance you could move it for me, I can't get into my truck"

... everyone goes home happy instead of 2 drivers and 2 checkout clerks having a kink put in their day.

Just my opinion, but you sounded like you were itching for an argument from the get-go. I mean come on, "I'll be waiting for you outside"? ... sounds like an episode of Grange Hill or Eastenders.

[crap, just spotted there were 3 pages to this thread ... ah well, there's 5 minutes of my life I won't get back.]

It's all academic anyway since there is a very high chance none of it actually happened :lol:

Public Enemy Nov 17th 2010 3:34 pm

Hi, it's me again. I've been banished. Now I know everyone hates me, but I really thought at least some of you loved to hate me?

Can't you just let me post until I break a rule? How about posting a poll to see if the membership will put up with me here at the traler trash board? I'll only post here, never venturing out onto the main boards....

At least let me stay long enough to make a case for myself?

Please?

Public Enemy Nov 17th 2010 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by dunroving (Post 8986922)

instead of:

The guy was a jerk...All I did was ask a question, and there was no obligation on my part to ask it nicely.

Sally Redux Nov 17th 2010 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Public Enemy (Post 8987380)
The guy was a jerk...All I did was ask a question, and there was no obligation on my part to ask it nicely.

Why pretend to be British?

meauxna Nov 17th 2010 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Public Enemy (Post 8987377)
At least let me stay long enough to make a case for myself?

Please?

No. You've had ample time to make your case and you can not. You break a rule just by joining; you aren't welcome here. I don't know I to make that any more clear to you. Insults don't seem to do it, ignoring, rejection. No one here wants you.. I checked this time.

Oops, there's me talking to a wall.. you're already not here! :)
Please just give it up and move on.

ps; thread closed.