Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

How long will his mid-life crisis last ?

Wikiposts

How long will his mid-life crisis last ?

Old May 31st 2010, 5:15 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long will his mid-life crisis last ?

Reading about these bangs bruises and bumps, no-one as yet has suggested getting or upping life insurance. Nothing will make 'em stop dead in their tracks faster than telling the beloved you plan to be a very wealthy woman if he decides the mid life is worth the wild ride.

I used to ride an old souped up Ducati with (I think) a whole lot of other bike parts. Young and dumb back then. It went and served it's purpose over time. I however stopped after a car shot a light and my bike went under the wheel of said car. I was fortunate to somehow get thrown off it before that happened and landed in a pile on the road. Cracked hips and ribs later, decided four wheels was better. I watch how disrespectful folk are of cyclists so know they are not much better with bikers. Tell them to wear bright, bold, knock your socks off colours to make sure they are in fact noticed. Especially helps when turning.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:16 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Reading about these bangs bruises and bumps, no-one as yet has suggested getting or upping life insurance. Nothing will make 'em stop dead in their tracks faster than telling the beloved you plan to be a very wealthy woman if he decides the mid life is worth the wild ride.
Got it covered my friend and believe me I remind him every day of that fact - that's why we don't have a gun in the house
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Just one thing....which states allow you to weave traffic?

Not being allowed to do that here, just riding a bike suddenly becomes very pointless, getting stuck in traffic to melt in the heat with all the gear, crappy pot holes that'll kill you and only a window of about 3-4 months of the year where you can ride the bike...all very meh.

Can imagine it being a lot more fun on the open roads though
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:45 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG - I just caught up on this thread - hope hubby is doing good!! we have got 3.5 bikes between us, I only every ride out in the countryside, no way would I venture near town! ha ha!

I also cringe when I see people out on sports bikes with tee-shirt, shorts and flipflops, with the g/f on the back in a bikini top - OMG imagine the skin loss!!!

Hubbys latest project which has been going on 2 years, is a cafe racer, he has basically made it all himself, rebuilt the engine, he has lathed a tonne of parts, made the frame, didn't make the tank but made the seat unit, as I said its been going on 2 years. This weekend he did the brakes and the wiring and is hoping to fire it up next weekend - he refuses to fire the engine up until he can actually ride it - ie: had to have brakes. An almost up todate photo is attached.

Hope your hubby is doing ok CB, and hasn't been too put off! I am SO happy it wasn't worse!!! maybe find an empty parking lot etc that he can get in and practise getting used to his bike - every bike is different, took me a while to get used to mine.
Attached Thumbnails How long will his mid-life crisis last ?-img_1302.jpg  
Old Jun 1st 2010, 7:24 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

That's beautiful. Oh to have those tools and the skill to use them.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 7:27 am
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
That's beautiful. Oh to have those tools and the skill to use them.
Thanks - he never fails to amaze me even after 15 years! as I said this particular project has been ongoing for 2 years, and the love that has gone into this.... well what can I say! he is going to be 1 proud man when he eventually takes it out for a spin!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
OMG - I just caught up on this thread - hope hubby is doing good!! we have got 3.5 bikes between us, I only every ride out in the countryside, no way would I venture near town! ha ha!

I also cringe when I see people out on sports bikes with tee-shirt, shorts and flipflops, with the g/f on the back in a bikini top - OMG imagine the skin loss!!!

Hubbys latest project which has been going on 2 years, is a cafe racer, he has basically made it all himself, rebuilt the engine, he has lathed a tonne of parts, made the frame, didn't make the tank but made the seat unit, as I said its been going on 2 years. This weekend he did the brakes and the wiring and is hoping to fire it up next weekend - he refuses to fire the engine up until he can actually ride it - ie: had to have brakes. An almost up todate photo is attached.

Hope your hubby is doing ok CB, and hasn't been too put off! I am SO happy it wasn't worse!!! maybe find an empty parking lot etc that he can get in and practise getting used to his bike - every bike is different, took me a while to get used to mine.
Very nice

The project M is working on is no where near as posh as that.

I call his project therapy. He has 3 bikes that were given to him, 1985 Yamaha's and he has stripped them down and is in the process of making "one" different looking machine. It is being done as cheaply as posssible but just moving around and having something he can do without too much pain makes both of us feel better.

He has a long way to go yet
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Stacey p is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
Better to ride the bike than the secretary eh
hehe
Old Jun 4th 2010, 5:44 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Just one thing....which states allow you to weave traffic?

Not being allowed to do that here, just riding a bike suddenly becomes very pointless, getting stuck in traffic to melt in the heat with all the gear, crappy pot holes that'll kill you and only a window of about 3-4 months of the year where you can ride the bike...all very meh.

Can imagine it being a lot more fun on the open roads though
In CA, you can, as long as your not crossing double yellers, being unsafe etc etc...passing within the lane is legal...

I still think MC's are deathtraps...give me a big gas guzzling dually tank F-350 anyday of the week...that way I can look down on you minion common folk MC riders....even if I am stuck in traffic as your weaving your merry way through it...
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
In CA, you can, as long as your not crossing double yellers, being unsafe etc etc...passing within the lane is legal...

I still think MC's are deathtraps...give me a big gas guzzling dually tank F-350 anyday of the week...that way I can look down on you minion common folk MC riders....even if I am stuck in traffic as your weaving your merry way through it...
Yeah but do you get that throbbing vibration feeling between your legs.....
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:35 am
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Yeah but do you get that throbbing vibration feeling between your legs.....
well some people just need that more than others...tee hee...

try a mechanical bull
Old Jun 9th 2010, 4:08 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep
well some people just need that more than others...tee hee...

try a mechanical bull
Would cause a bit of a commotion riding that thing around..... *wondering how to put wheels on that*