Harvey

Old Aug 27th 2017, 2:33 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harvey

The whole stretch has moved East of us now towards Houston. Prob going to bed next as I imagine we'll be up in the night
Old Aug 27th 2017, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts going out to you all out there.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 3:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
Well this is extremely unpleasant. I think it's ended for a while but we have been hunkering down in the half bath for tornados nearby. How are you holding up Sugarmooma?

Our Bayou is flowing nicely. Local roads flooded but idiots still trying to get down them.
Well I always wanted a waterfront property. Seems I now have one.

The lightening and tornados are scary. We managed to get the two cars to higher ground but we still have the truck in case we need a quick her a way. Of course having a husband who has all kinds of projects going on it has taken all afternoon to try and get everything off the ground in the garage. The pride and joy Trike is now off the floor on jacks, it was a joint effort with the air turning blue a few times!

The water is now lapping around the garage doors so it won't be long before it floods in.

Stay safe Weeze...it will be a long night for sure...again!
Old Aug 27th 2017, 4:05 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, just checking in. I'm just north of sugarmooma, it rained hard last night and kept me awake but we have had nothing since around 10am. Then at 9pm it started again, some spectacular thunder and lightning and now torrential rain. Don't really want to go to sleep but I'll try. Two cats hiding under my bed who are usually tucked up in the laundry room. Let's see what the night brings ☹️
Old Aug 27th 2017, 4:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the update. Look forward to hearing you are all safe and sound tomorrow.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
We have just had a break in the rain. It is supposed to start up again in a couple of hours. We have water surrounding us but still not close enough to get into the house. The local cops have blocked the road in front of us to be deter anyone driving through the standing water and they have suggested we move our vehicles to the church parking lot as it is higher ground.

This is a strange storm. Just hovering over the coast and not moving away is very unusual.

I was also sad to see that Rockport and Fulton were hit by the main part of the storm. We love to visit that small Bayside area. We always stay at the Lighthouse Hotel in Fulton. It is one of the friendliest and relaxing small hotels I have ever stayed at. I do hope it survived the storm.

I saw the pictures of Rockport, very sad. I remember as a kid experiencing 50ft+ waves and 120 mph winds in the UK. It was scary with slates flying off roofs as I walked home. Those things are lethal. But that was nothing compared to what you are going through.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 11:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Harvey-20170826_212342-1.jpg

The pride and joy on jacks. We are trying to save it!

After a sleepless night fighting to keep water out our house we have had enough. The last round of storms pushed water over our levee so now we can't really do anymore.

I am tired and I ache from lifting furniture. We are waiting for daylight to see what's happening and then decide if we just need to get in the trucks and leave.

And I've run out of my chocolate stash...

All us bad hombres in Texas are being punished. This is not fake news!

Hope you other guys in this area are ok.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 11:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Attachment 128412

After a sleepless night fighting to keep water out our house we have had enough. The last round of storms pushed water over our levee so now we can't really do anymore.

I am tired and I ache from lifting furniture. We are waiting for daylight to see what's happening and then decide if we just need to get in the trucks and leave.

Must be so exhausting. It moves away and dies down quickly. xxx
Old Aug 27th 2017, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Attachment 128412

it must be so distressing to see your home and possessions damaged. Mother Nature can be a bitch. Most important though is that you and M are ok, please stay safe.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Must be so exhausting. It moves away and dies down quickly. xxx
I have to play it down on FB otherwise the family back home start freaking out. My kids know the true situation. Daughter and son in law are on the better side of Houston so right now they are safe, just a bit of street flooding.

The rain is supposed to last another 2 days so I think at some point we will watch it go under water. If not then it will be a miracle
Old Aug 27th 2017, 12:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Attachment 128412

Here's hoping the water starts to recede. Thinking of you SM.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 12:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to play it down on FB otherwise the family back home start freaking out. My kids know the true situation. Daughter and son in law are on the better side of Houston so right now they are safe, just a bit of street flooding.

The rain is supposed to last another 2 days so I think at some point we will watch it go under water. If not then it will be a miracle
I figured that. It's horrible but it's just stuff. As long as you've got the precious/legal stuff up out of the way, the rest is sad, frustrating and a pain but it is just stuff. Your health and well being is all that matters. Mother nature is a beautiful bitch. xx
Old Aug 27th 2017, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Cannot imagine being in that situation. Hoping you all remain safe and this all ends sooner than later. Stay safe.
Old Aug 27th 2017, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everyone stays safe.

Resourceful Dog Walks Away With Bag Of Dog Food After Hurricane Harvey
Old Aug 27th 2017, 4:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Stay safe matey, me and my niece have been watching on facebook, I'll update her with the info from here. She sends Chelsea-fan-hugs.
As the others have said, heartbreaking though it is, take care of yourselves, everything else is just possessions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.