Harvey

Old Aug 31st 2017, 12:30 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Harvey

I check here every New Zealand morning and hope to read that waters are receding , that a corner to this terrible disaster has been turned for all you guys & for every single person in that area.

If and when you do have a mo please do check in here to let us know how you are fairing and bearing up.

{hugs} to you all.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 1:11 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Well our water level has supposedly peaked which means our house should be safe. It's an island, but it's safe. Mr Weeze tried to get back but the water before we get there is between thigh and waist height. After a guy died because of a wire in the after I'm not that keen to go back until it's shallow paddling. Our friends are still putting up with us dogs and all. Did I mention they have no pets and he is allergic to dog hair? People are amazing in these times.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 2:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weeze
Well our water level has supposedly peaked which means our house should be safe. It's an island, but it's safe. Mr Weeze tried to get back but the water before we get there is between thigh and waist height. After a guy died because of a wire in the after I'm not that keen to go back until it's shallow paddling. Our friends are still putting up with us dogs and all. Did I mention they have no pets and he is allergic to dog hair? People are amazing in these times.
Good mates are awesome. Glad you're ok. So all we need to be concerned about is SM's property. In BE terms obviously. I think Chocobabz is still dry
Old Aug 31st 2017, 2:40 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

What a difference a day makes. Our water has receded and by tomorrow we should be safe to get out of our neighbourhood. I can't quite wrap my head around the scale of what Houston has just been through and will continue to deal with over the months to come. Now my eyes are on Irma.
Attached Thumbnails Harvey-img_2494.jpg   Harvey-img_7362.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2017, 3:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

It's only a house, right?? This is me in positive mode.

It has to be gutted, dried out and totally remodeled. We've done it before and we can do it again..I think.

Reality is we are 10 years older than the last time we remodeled. One of us has a funky heart now and but he's so hard headed he thinks he can fix it all by himself.

The good news is the water is receding. We have seen the damage and it isn't pretty but it could have been a lot worse. When you see your floor buckled up and the door you left open on your dryer means the dryer is full of water then you know you have a problem but the highlight of M's otherwise depressing day was seeing the good job we made of jacking the trike up had saved it. The water in the garage was so close to the tailpipes, so lucky!

I want to sleep in my own bed, I want to relax and I was hoping for a great Labor Day weekend. Now I will be making lists, talking to the flood adjuster and making sure we have a roof over our head. Oh, and I am working 10 hour days for the next few weeks, weekends and holiday Monday included. I have to make sure the drinking water is good for use for all the counties around us plus all the private well owners.

Ain't life grand.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 4:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
It's only a house, right?? This is me in positive mode.

It has to be gutted, dried out and totally remodeled. We've done it before and we can do it again..I think.

Reality is we are 10 years older than the last time we remodeled. One of us has a funky heart now and but he's so hard headed he thinks he can fix it all by himself.

The good news is the water is receding. We have seen the damage and it isn't pretty but it could have been a lot worse. When you see your floor buckled up and the door you left open on your dryer means the dryer is full of water then you know you have a problem but the highlight of M's otherwise depressing day was seeing the good job we made of jacking the trike up had saved it. The water in the garage was so close to the tailpipes, so lucky!

I want to sleep in my own bed, I want to relax and I was hoping for a great Labor Day weekend. Now I will be making lists, talking to the flood adjuster and making sure we have a roof over our head. Oh, and I am working 10 hour days for the next few weeks, weekends and holiday Monday included. I have to make sure the drinking water is good for use for all the counties around us plus all the private well owners.

Ain't life grand.
That really sucks but you're both ok and the Trike is good. Massive cyber hugs hon. x
Old Aug 31st 2017, 5:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That really sucks but you're both ok and the Trike is good. Massive cyber hugs hon. x
What she said.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 6:23 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
.....and the door you left open on your dryer means the dryer is full of water then you know you have a problem
In the spirit of hopefully giving you a chuckle, the water might not have got in if it was a top loader.

but the highlight of M's otherwise depressing day was seeing the good job we made of jacking the trike up had saved it. The water in the garage was so close to the tailpipes, so lucky!
So glad the efforts of both of you paid off. Mrs L gives me funny looks when we watch the news from Houston and I start muttering I hope the trike made it OK.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 6:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by lansbury
In the spirit of hopefully giving you a chuckle, the water might not have got in if it was a top loader.

So glad the efforts of both of you paid off. Mrs L gives me funny looks when we watch the news from Houston and I start muttering I hope the trike made it OK.
Once she said she and M were safe and dry, my regular worry was that they hadn't got the trike up high enough.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 6:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I'm glad others were of the same mind.
My first thought for them was the trike making it out of there intact.
It is not 'Mooma & M with this trike.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 6:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough I had been thinking that at least SM and M were safe and dry, but was wondering about the trike as well, glad it, and you are all safe, and that goes for all BE members from the area, and everyone else as well.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Glad things are looking less worse. TopSec, hope the damage isn't too bad when you finally manage to get home.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 7:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't normally wander into this area but was searching to see if SM had posted anywhere..... and reading these awful (but also heartwarming) updates and stories I'm just gutted for those that have lost so much, but very glad to hear that you are all ok.

Watching the news reports, the videos and seeing the devastation that has affected so many people just brings tears to my eyes.

Stay safe

x
Old Aug 31st 2017, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Hurricane Andrew, in 1992.

A few years ago I was sitting with my Grandmother and we were going across an old photo album and came across several photographs, we didn't recognise.

What is this building? Why is it in the photo album? Why is it in the album, so many times?

After about a half hour I realised that the building was our house - the same house we were sitting in, just then.

Hurricane Andrew had so changed the face of the neighbourhood that it had become unrecognisable to what it used to be.

Thankfully "The Big One" is rare - which is also part of the problem. It had been 40 years in Miami between "Big Ones" and so people were under-prepared for Andrew, because they had thought, wrongly, that all the "little ones" they had been through previously were representative.

Evacuate when the Big One comes. Not worth it to stay and go through that.
Old Aug 31st 2017, 12:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so very sorry you are having to go through all this SM. At least you and M have each other...and the trike.

(((HUGS)))

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 31st 2017 at 12:45 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.