Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Hampton Roads area of Virginia anyone..?

Hampton Roads area of Virginia anyone..?

Old Feb 8th 2010, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Rich_Teresa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hampton Roads area of Virginia anyone..?

Any Brits down in the Hampton Road area of Virginia. We're in Va Beach and the wife feels a little alone since moving
Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hampton Roads area of Virginia anyone..?

Well I'm not there yet sadly. I'll be moving to California first and then back to Hampton Roads in September. If she wants to chat or email (not quite the same thing I know) I'm happy to!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

indigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond reputeindigogirl1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there,

I'm from Northern Ireland and just moved back to the UK temporarlily after living in the Hampton Rds area for 2 years. There are a few brits around. There is a really great british store in downtown Hampton...opposite the air and space museum.....just take the first exit off the 64 after the HRBT. They stock all things british (i used to stock up on heinz baked beans and HP brown sauce and bisto gravy). The store is owned by a really nice british couple. They may be able to help you get in contact with the other brits in the area. Also look on www.meetup.com. I think there is a virginia beach ex pats british group on there.

Like MandyNI I hope to be moving back to the area in September. Its good to know there will be a few more UK people in the area....I used to drive up to DC just to hear internationL accents...lol.

Last edited by indigogirl1976; Feb 28th 2010 at 2:21 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

We'll definitely have to stay in touch - would be great to have a wee fix of good old Norn Iron every now and again!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:40 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_Teresa
Any Brits down in the Hampton Road area of Virginia. We're in Va Beach and the wife feels a little alone since moving
About 20mins from Va Beach
You are in Scot central there at the beach - you know that right?

Be happy to help out with where to go for this and that.
Places to go, things to do, places not to go.....

Drop us a PM letting me know what you are looking for and I'll give it some thought - put together some ideas for you.

Welcome to the colonies.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

NicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really nice

I'm in VA Beach and feeling a bit isolated as I've just got married and can't work yet - I'd love to meet other brits too - did u get in touch with any?
Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nicci

I haven't heard from anyone but like I mentioned I'm not there until September. I leave NI in two weeks but have a few months if California first!