Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Guy spends 60K on new kitchen for wife... Is her reaction real?

Guy spends 60K on new kitchen for wife... Is her reaction real?

Old Jun 9th 2015, 1:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guy spends 60K on new kitchen for wife... Is her reaction real?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I wouldn't waste your time, to be honest. He's doing it deliberately.

Nobody is really that dim-witted to believe the the absolute pinnacle of cultural superiority is knowing there are 24 hours in a day, and being able to divide and multiply by ten.
I'm sorry, but you didn't go to Oxford so you shouldn't really speak in his presence at all.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 1:29 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
I'm sorry, but you didn't go to Oxford so you shouldn't really speak in his presence at all.
"I then leapt on the opportunity to test you. I asked if he'd been to one of the great universities, Oxford, Cambridge, or Hull ...

... You failed to spot that only two of those were great universities."

"That's right! Oxford's a complete dump ..."

Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody is really that dim-witted to believe the the absolute pinnacle of cultural superiority is knowing there are 24 hours in a day, and being able to divide and multiply by ten.
Until we have a metric calendar and clock, there is no hope for civilization.

Meanwhile, that 12-hour time thing continues to hold Britain back:

Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't waste your time, to be honest. He's doing it deliberately.
Yet, despite this, I've refrained from throwing about homophobic abuse. Says a lot your [disgusting] choice of words earlier in this thread.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 1:30 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP

Meanwhile, that 12-hour time thing continues to hold Britain back
I know. There's no excuse for it. It's a dumbing down of the population.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 1:33 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Yet, despite this, I've refrained from throwing about homophobic abuse. Says a lot your [disgusting] choice of words earlier in this thread.
Climb down from your ****ing PC ivory tower. 'Bent' is disgusting? It was a quote from a TV show anyway, which obviously you wouldn't watch because TV is beneath you and it takes time away from beating the help, but that's beside the point.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 1:34 pm
Banned

Climb down from your ****ing PC ivory tower. 'Bent' is disgusting? It was a quote from a TV show anyway, which obviously you wouldn't watch because TV is beneath you and it takes time away from beating the help, but that's beside the point.
It's a disgusting turn of phrase, and one which reveals the level of intellect you're operating at.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 1:41 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

It's a disgusting turn of phrase, and one which reveals the level of intellect you're operating at.
Whereas being rude, unpleasant and boorish to posters that are asking for help and information, or generally communicating how stupid everyone but you is, is just fine in your book. If you behave like a troll on a forum, you probably won't get great results. And frankly, it's just bad manners.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 1:44 pm
I have a comma problem

Riiiiiight.

I didn't just say it to annoy you at all.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 1:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Whereas being rude, unpleasant and boorish
That's all fine; there's a difference between being rude and unpleasant and homophobic abuse.

On your current logic, next I expect you'll be excusing racist abuse as well.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 2:01 pm
I have a comma problem

That's all fine; there's a difference between being rude and unpleasant and homophobic abuse.

On your current logic, next I expect you'll be excusing racist abuse as well.
Can it, cracker.

I will put it to you that one of us apparently thinks homosexuals are so insecure and unable to understand subtext that they think one word with no ill-intent is the worst thing in the world. I'll give you a clue as well, it isn't me.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 2:03 pm
Banned

Can it, cracker.

I will put it to you that one of us apparently thinks homosexuals are so insecure and unable to understand subtext that they think one word with no ill-intent is the worst thing in the world.
Funny how none of that remotely comes across, mind. You just come across as an uneducated buffoon spouting homophobic abuse. The kids would be so proud, I'm sure.

Last edited by hungryhorace; Jun 9th 2015 at 2:07 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 2:07 pm
I have a comma problem

Funny how none of that remotely comes across, mind.
This is brilliant
Old Jun 9th 2015, 2:09 pm
Banned

This is brilliant
Brilliant, how? That you're posing homophobic statements on a publicly accessible bulletin board of which will be indexed by Google and are easily attributable to your real name?

Yes, quite 'brilliant'.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 2:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP

Meanwhile, that 12-hour time thing continues to hold Britain back: .....
That reminds me of the Sainsbury's in Wimbledon that had a sign on the door which showed that it was open from "0800" to "0700", which was a bit odd but everyone knew what it meant. Then they extended the hours and the sign showed that it was open from "0730" to "0900".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.