Gun Ownership

Old Jun 24th 2017, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gun Ownership

Exactly, 5.56 is illegal to use on anything much bigger than a rabbit in Colorado.
Old Jun 24th 2017, 6:12 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Some states, such as Arizona, have a law on the books making creating a firearms registry illegal. Even Illinois, despite its liberal, gun-restricting largest city, doesn't register weapons.
GA is one of those also, in fact it is also illegal to create a state-wide central database of those that have Carry Permits!
Old Jun 24th 2017, 6:55 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
GA is one of those also, in fact it is also illegal to create a state-wide central database of those that have Carry Permits!
The NC legislature is working on a permitless CC law.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

NC, that strange State where No doesn't mean no.

North Carolina Rape Law, Women Cant Withdraw Consent
Old Jun 26th 2017, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

We have this in Idaho already.
Old Jun 26th 2017, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Smartyy
I could never see the sense of a permit, bit like silencers.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 10:25 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

There is some form of "constitutional carry" law in more than one quarter of states as of March 2017.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 10:30 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

There is a bug push for Constitutional Carry in GA, the Lieutenant Governor didn't let it go to a vote in the last session and it irritated alot of people. I personally don't have any issue with having to carry a CCP when carrying my weapon.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 11:51 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
The specific answer is that you have to have proof you are a resident of the State. If you are in the US on a non-immigrant visa (specifically a visa, not merely a classification) you MUST obtain a hunting license issued by any State. K-1 is a non-immigrant visa. The dealer may ask to see the license as the instructions on the back of the 4473 say the purchaser must have one if they are in the US on a non-immigrant visa.

Quite glad someone brought this up because the FBI anti-terrorist division at the moment are having a hard-on about non-immigrant aliens buying firearms and they want to ban it. The Phoenix FBI office have been going after Chinese students who own firearms on the basis that they've gotten resident hunting licenses instead of non-resident hunting licenses and using that as an excuse to seize their firearms - even though Arizona State law doesn't back up their argument. The State decides residency, not the Feds. They appear to have arm-twisted the Fish & Game Dept into not following State law properly as far as I can tell.

What they're saying is that the "must have a residence abroad they have no intention of abandoning" bit in Federal immigration law means they can't be resident in a US state which is obviously complete and utter bollocks otherwise you wouldn't be able to get a DL, pay State taxes, etc.

So the long and short of it is that when you get your hunting license, make very sure you very carefully read the State definition of what "residency" is otherwise you could have ATF agents at your door. Make sure you get a resident or non-resident license as appropriate. Or simply get an Illinois non-resident license (assuming you don't live in Illinois) as they're the cheapest.
I'm just going to quote myself as a lead-in but the David-Oliver Bill has a section in it that completely prohibits people in a non-immigrant classification from possessing firearms.

(a) unconstitutional; (b) ridiculous because loads of Canadians go down to hunt and (c) unlikely to pass because it won't get through the Senate.

This is largely at the behest of the FBI and their paranoia.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 11:54 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I could never see the sense of a permit, bit like silencers.
Well I see the sense in a permit, the main one being that if the police catch someone with a firearm they can determine more quickly if the person is carrying legitimately.

The Pew Research survey that came out a few days ago found that the vast majority of gun owners think being able to carry concealed without a permit is bonkers.

I can understand why in Wyoming, Vermont and Alaska it makes sense but in the middle of a major city, no.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 11:56 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by Geckz
And just as an update - this worked

Background check at the gun store take - passport, I-94, Visa, driving licence, hunting licence, firearms licence. All done in 2hrs.
Bear in mind under 18 USC 922(y) non-immigrants can only possess a firearm for "sporting purposes" unless granted a waiver by the Attorney General (which is never issued).

Like I said, the FBI has got a hard-on about this whole issue at the moment so be careful.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:09 am
Account Closed

Silencers need a special permit in the US but not in the UK.
Open Carry no issue but if you do not want to scare the Snowflakes you need a permit.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Does this prohibit you from having a Utah permit? Utah requires you to have a local State permit.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Smartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond reputeSmartyy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Does this prohibit you from having a Utah permit? Utah requires you to have a local State permit.
I don't understand your question apologies.

I'll take a shot at what I think you mean though. If I choose to not have an Idaho permit then I simply cannot carry out of Idaho. If, however, I have a permit from Idaho (normal or advanced) and Utah recognizes it, then I can carry there.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't understand your question apologies.

I'll take a shot at what I think you mean though. If I choose to not have an Idaho permit then I simply cannot carry out of Idaho. If, however, I have a permit from Idaho (normal or advanced) and Utah recognizes it, then I can carry there.
Sorry I misunderstood, I thought it was permitless ccw in Idaho, ie you did not have ccw permits. If you have permits, its the same as everywhere else.

I have the Utah permit so that I can carry in WA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.