British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Gotta love Costco (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/gotta-love-costco-615354/)

chartreuse Jun 18th 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Gotta love Costco

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 7677310)
That's pretty slick.

Originally Posted by BE
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to another bloody yank again.

So, I guess I'll just have to say "Why thank you" here. :)

The foam rubber earplugs are in the film canister, under the strap, and there's two sets of glasses because shooting is, after all, a social sport. Did you spot the speedloader?

another bloody yank Jun 18th 2009 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by chartreuse (Post 7677342)
So, I guess I'll just have to say "Why thank you" here. :)

The foam rubber earplugs are in the film canister, under the strap, and there's two sets of glasses because shooting is, after all, a social sport. Did you spot the speedloader?

Is that that gizmo in the middle? I thought it was one of those plastic "clip" holsters.

chartreuse Jun 18th 2009 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 7677352)
Is that that gizmo in the middle? I thought it was one of those plastic "clip" holsters.

That's it. It's an HKS - http://www.hksspeedloaders.com/MagloaderPage.html. Not as good as a Lula, but half the price - and it was in stock at the store.

Holster wise, there's no point in getting one until I've got my CHL, because TX doesn't allow open carry. When I do, I'm thinking of one of these.

meauxna Jun 18th 2009 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by chartreuse (Post 7677382)
That's it. It's an HKS - http://www.hksspeedloaders.com/MagloaderPage.html. Not as good as a Lula, but half the price - and it was in stock at the store.

Holster wise, there's no point in getting one until I've got my CHL, because TX doesn't allow open carry. When I do, I'm thinking of one of these.

Uh, hello. Are you turning into one of those guys who turns every thread into a gun thread now? :sneaky:

chartreuse Jun 18th 2009 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 7677520)
Uh, hello. Are you turning into one of those guys who turns every thread into a gun thread now? :sneaky:

Hey, that wasn't me. It was this guy. ;)

Originally Posted by TheLeester (Post 7673426)
Good result, that is until you try and buy alcohol or ammunition. Does Costco sell ammo ?

ETA: But I was pretty proud of the case I made...

Bill_S Jun 18th 2009 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 7677520)

I knew this was coming! :lol:

Could be worse, could be the car fanciers tearing strips off one another. "We" OTOH are unfailingly polite ;)

TheLeester Jun 18th 2009 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by chartreuse (Post 7677526)
Hey, that wasn't me. It was this guy. ;)

ETA: But I was pretty proud of the case I made...

Dont blame me, I was trying to turn it into an alcoholic's thread

chartreuse Jun 18th 2009 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by TheLeester (Post 7677545)
Dont blame me, I was trying to turn it into an alcoholic's thread

:rofl: Very well played, Sir!

TheLeester Jun 18th 2009 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by chartreuse (Post 7677546)
:rofl: Very well played, Sir!

I thank you.

penguinbar Jun 18th 2009 5:57 pm

I thought this thread was about Costco?

Bill_S Jun 18th 2009 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by penguinbar (Post 7677617)
I thought this thread was about Costco?

If they sold you-know-what, it still would be :D

There's a Costco not far from me, and I'm a member. However, I seldom get around to going. For just the two of us (no kids), the large sizes and bulk packs of everything seem excessive. To the Costco regulars out there, am I missing something? Are there good deals on normal-sized packages/quantities of anything?

meauxna Jun 18th 2009 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Bill_S (Post 7677636)
If they sold you-know-what, it still would be :D

There's a Costco not far from me, and I'm a member. However, I seldom get around to going. For just the two of us (no kids), the large sizes and bulk packs of everything seem excessive. To the Costco regulars out there, am I missing something? Are there good deals on normal-sized packages/quantities of anything?

Toothpaste
Vitamins/suppliments
Paper towels (I don't like their TP)
COFFEE (number one reason to belong)
Creamer & sweetners (for him, not me. freak)
Cheeeeeese. Ours has excellent English choices. (his weakness not mine)
Hair conditioner
Certain cleaning supplies
Canned chili (him again)
Canned baked beans (again)
Big ole dog food (we always pick one up & drop it off at the shelter on the way home)
Those addictive Morton's roasts for the BBQ grill.

Like you, the fresh packaging stuff is just too much for two of us. I mean, I'd eat 5 avocados in a week, but I probably shouldn't. The occasional clothing item or book. I dunno, we go about once every other month. I don't know if we make out with the annual fee; I've decided I don't mind anymore.

I stock up on stuff we use regularly.

You have to watch it on the big ticket purchases & odd stuff.. I find that they will usually carry the model that is a step or two up from what I'd normally look at. So while it's a good bargain for that item, the item is 'more' than what I wanted.

And their wine has gotten pricey. :)

Burn1911 Jun 18th 2009 7:26 pm

I think we are the only people in the world who aren't members - didn't seem worth it for just the 2 of us :)

Big ole dog food (we always pick one up & drop it off at the shelter on the way home)
Now that deserves a BIG :thumbsup:

Bill_S Jun 18th 2009 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 7677663)
I stock up on stuff we use regularly.

Thanks for all that. We like our coffee, I never thought to look for it there. That's definitely worth a trip. Most of the other things (paper, cleaners, etc) we get at a local discount chain called Marc's. The stores make Wally look like Galeries Lafayette, but it's worth going because the prices are very low on many items.

canned chili? canned beans? blechhhh

surly Jun 18th 2009 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bill_S (Post 7678077)
Thanks for all that. We like our coffee, I never thought to look for it there. That's definitely worth a trip. Most of the other things (paper, cleaners, etc) we get at a local discount chain called Marc's. The stores make Wally look like , but it's worth going because the prices are very low on many items.

canned chili? canned beans? blechhhh

The toilets at Costco are nicer than those at Galeries Lafayette. :eek: