Gotta love Costco

Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice
Default Gotta love Costco

So my OH goes to Costco with our 4 year old. She returns something, and our "UK" card has expired so we upgrade to the normal US membership (at least it stops me having to say "its international" every time they scan it). Anyways.

The woman on the till ends up being from Norwich (my OH said she didn't have a very strong UK accent). She takes a shine to our 4 year old, and gives him his own Costco card! It has his picture on, with a real number, and my wifes name. She ran it through the till when she bought something and it worked

Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

TheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant future
Default Re: Gotta love Costco

Originally Posted by emailrob
So my OH goes to Costco with our 4 year old. She returns something, and our "UK" card has expired so we upgrade to the normal US membership (at least it stops me having to say "its international" every time they scan it). Anyways.

The woman on the till ends up being from Norwich (my OH said she didn't have a very strong UK accent). She takes a shine to our 4 year old, and gives him his own Costco card! It has his picture on, with a real number, and my wifes name. She ran it through the till when she bought something and it worked

Good result, that is until you try and buy alcohol or ammunition. Does Costco sell ammo ?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Originally Posted by TheLeester
Good result, that is until you try and buy alcohol or ammunition. Does Costco sell ammo ?
Can you still not buy both in the same transaction? I know Walmart used to have that rule
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Not here in NY and they don't sell alcohol either, unless you count beer. Sam's Club in NJ sells wine.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Not here in NY and they don't sell alcohol either, unless you count beer. Sam's Club in NJ sells wine.
I know of at least one Costco here in NJ that sells beer, wine and spirits.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The paid member is entitled to have one additional card holder...maybe your son has taken your place.

BTW I have never had to explain using a US Costco card in the UK or Canada.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

TheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant futureTheLeester has a brilliant future

Can you still not buy both in the same transaction? I know Walmart used to have that rule
Very sensible too. After all, you dont want to be squirting burgulars with Tequila if you mix up your purchases.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:01 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Very sensible too. After all, you dont want to be squirting burgulars with Tequila if you mix up your purchases.
unless you have a lighter handy that is.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Not here in NY and they don't sell alcohol either, unless you count beer.
So, what else would you class beer as if not alcohol?!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Breakfast of Champions
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Does Costco sell ammo ?
No
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The paid member is entitled to have one additional card holder...maybe your son has taken your place.

BTW I have never had to explain using a US Costco card in the UK or Canada.
lol no, it has her name on two cards. I'll fight them on the beaches if they try it on! The rep said I just needed to go in and get my picture done. Shall I do Mickey Mouse ears?

OT, but when the same son got his disneyland pass, he cross his hands across his body and tried to look mean. The rep said no gang signs !!!! So he did ears. I mean, a 4 year old! Ridiculous.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts

Piss water?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:35 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

The Costco near me is weird it's the same layout as the one in Leeds, same hot food on sale as well

Are they all like this?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
The Costco near me is weird it's the same layout as the one in Leeds, same hot food on sale as well

Are they all like this?
Yes, they layouts are virtually identical. The takeaway food in the US ones is cheaper

You can also return something you bought in the Costco UK store to a US store and vice versa. I've also heard you can do this with Asda/Walmart, but never tried it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.