Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

A good news/bad news day

A good news/bad news day

Old Sep 21st 2006, 10:22 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default A good news/bad news day

Started off to be a stellar day-took a personal day from work to get some stuff done, most importantly took my DH in to get his learner's permit (he's never had a driver's license, never needed one). Well he zipped through the test in record time and we went to have a celebratory lunch at a nice place I hadn't been to in years. It was jammed packed, no place to park, started out and saw someone leaving, so scooted back in and parked. After a nice lunch, we strolled back out to the car only to find that the driver's window was smashed to smithereens with 99 percent of the glass out of the frame. We kind of stood there in disbelief for a moment and I went to call the police, but the restaurant host came out and said someone had told him about the car and he had already called the police. Nice policewoman came and took down the details, she left and we went to get broom and dustpan from the restaurant to clean up all those teeny tiny pieces of glass-you can hear 'em tinkling in the door now and I don't know how many quarters it's going to take to vacumn out the interior. Anyway, went to the body shop and I can get new glass installed for a mere 206.00. So weird, parking lot full of cars MUCH more posh and expensive than my little Corolla and yet they picked on me. Nothing missing, but then there wasn't anything to take unless you wanted either laminate floor samples or books I was going to donate to the library. On the other hand I DID have 75 cents in quarters in the little change holder next to the steering wheel. Perhaps the perp needed change to do laundry and was surprised before he/she could grab it.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 11:02 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A good news/bad news day

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Started off to be a stellar day......
Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

But in the great scheme of things it really is of no consequence. Though I'm sure you already knew that

Better luck tomorrow!

Oh - and the new season of Grey's Anatomy starts tonight...
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 12:36 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Started off to be a stellar day-took a personal day from work to get some stuff done, most importantly took my DH in to get his learner's permit (he's never had a driver's license, never needed one). Well he zipped through the test in record time and we went to have a celebratory lunch at a nice place I hadn't been to in years. It was jammed packed, no place to park, started out and saw someone leaving, so scooted back in and parked. After a nice lunch, we strolled back out to the car only to find that the driver's window was smashed to smithereens with 99 percent of the glass out of the frame. We kind of stood there in disbelief for a moment and I went to call the police, but the restaurant host came out and said someone had told him about the car and he had already called the police. Nice policewoman came and took down the details, she left and we went to get broom and dustpan from the restaurant to clean up all those teeny tiny pieces of glass-you can hear 'em tinkling in the door now and I don't know how many quarters it's going to take to vacumn out the interior. Anyway, went to the body shop and I can get new glass installed for a mere 206.00. So weird, parking lot full of cars MUCH more posh and expensive than my little Corolla and yet they picked on me. Nothing missing, but then there wasn't anything to take unless you wanted either laminate floor samples or books I was going to donate to the library. On the other hand I DID have 75 cents in quarters in the little change holder next to the steering wheel. Perhaps the perp needed change to do laundry and was surprised before he/she could grab it.

Didn't have a union jack plate by any chance!
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Being as it was jam packed, maybe someone got annoyed when they perceived you beat them to the parking space? Wouldn't surprise me, amount of "parking rage" people I've seen over here.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

How rotten. Glad your chap passed though
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:02 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
Didn't have a union jack plate by any chance!

Actually we DO have a form of that-Old Glory and the Union Jack crossed as our front plate.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 8:05 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Started off to be a stellar day-took a personal day from work to get some stuff done, most importantly took my DH in to get his learner's permit (he's never had a driver's license, never needed one). Well he zipped through the test in record time and we went to have a celebratory lunch at a nice place

Congrats to hubby Cind... shame you had your day spoilt by a complete twat..
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:03 am
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about the vandalism. But glad it didn't really spoil your day - congrats on your OH passing his test, another landmark!
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:30 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Actually we DO have a form of that-Old Glory and the Union Jack crossed as our front plate.

Pure coincidence I'm sure.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 8:50 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Well done your DH at passing...

There are always gonna be tossers out there who do random acts of vandalism, glad it didn't spoil your day...