Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Check or money orders?

Check or money orders?

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

couriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant futurecouriousana has a brilliant future
Default Check or money orders?

Hello,
From what I've been reading everybody sends checks to pay the fees and not money orders... is it because people like to see when the check is cashed? Or are there any other reasons?
Thank you,
Ana
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Check or money orders?

Well, I was just lazy and didn't want to go get a money order, also I'm cheap and would never pay for a money order that I'm not required to have.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 5:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by couriousana
Hello,
From what I've been reading everybody sends checks to pay the fees and not money orders... is it because people like to see when the check is cashed? Or are there any other reasons?
Thank you,
Ana
Checks can be traced and tracked, money orders can't. And as hcj said, it's just easier (for me) to write a check.

Rene
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on the type of money order you buy, most ARE traceable/trackable, but it's much easier to track a check. Plus you get the cancelled check back in your hands as opposed to a money order.

In my opnion, checks are the easier route.

Hello,
Thank you,
Ana
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

Yes, it is just easier to track the check than the money order.
One more thing, I think it's a good idea to put your A# on the check, thats what we did
Hello,
Thank you,
Ana
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 7:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hcj1440
Well, I was just lazy and didn't want to go get a money order, also I'm cheap and would never pay for a money order that I'm not required to have.
heheh.. Best Answer of the day.

Me too! lol
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

hcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond reputehcj1440 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
heheh.. Best Answer of the day.

Me too! lol
Well a girl has to have some principles you know...